BMW e46 318i 2.0cc 05 year

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
joederic;588995 said:
I owned a E46 2.0i few months ago. Since i was not a pro but i was the BMW fans BEFORE i have a ride on it. I bot a 2nd hand UDM and i spent RM30k to repair and recond it in 5 months time. The problem is after spent, i still cant own a real BMW as which i aspected before, as my car is still having lots of problems day by day. After the consideration and the comparation in between Accord and Camry in 2 months time, i decided to sell it off and get a new Honda Accord 2.0VTi-L, at least it is the new one, no headache with the repair, and now i ride on my new Accord for 20 days ade. What i want to share is, actually BMW is a very nice car, the problem is we need to be very lucky to get a problem less 2nd hand UDM, or we need to be a pro who may confirm that the UDM is nice and problem less, or we shud get the new UDM if affordable to avoid from those problems, and doesnt matter that how much is our income to own and to maintain the UDM. I'm now running my own biz, thats why i upgraded myself from Waja to BMW few months ago. Due to i was so unlucky to own a super problem bimmer and i hate to send my to the mech very often, so i just sell it off. If you feel that you are not so sure with the UDM which you like to get is in the good condition, lets send it to the mech to confirm that it is fine in diagnostic and mechanial sector which cudn't show with fault code. This is my experience which i wud like to share.

P/S: this is just my personal experience to share and doesnt matter to criticize the BMW, as i will come back to BMW few years later (But confirm will get the new one and not the 2nd hand).

Regards,
EricS

Hi Eric, sorry to hear your sorrow encounter with bimmer. I also new to BMW, but wish to explore the possibility of buying a 04/05 BMW 325, now researching for good condition and good dealer to buy from.

To all sifu here, what is your opinion of some used car dealers who offer one month, and 6 months warranty (in black and white: Engine and Gearbox)? How genuine the warranty is or is it just a sales gimmick?

Hi Keong,

im newbie here too....i 4 months back i bot a 318 e46 1.9L...im not power crazy or anything....1.9l is good enuf for me..anyway..1.9l vers heard there is less problem compare to 2.0...so i got it....dun worry bro....once u got a UDM..u willing to fix the car..and particularly fussy about minor things...depends how much u like ur udm...i love my udm alot....so i will fix it and love it no matter wats the cost of fixing it...

wen i got it....my problem start wen i go over 120kph..a real loud bassy humming noise....annoying..need to fix tht long shaft..cost around 1.5k..current car millage is 260k...is alot..i know there will be alot wear and tear..im ready for it..

Hi keong,

i got my M43 318i 1.9 in March this year. The only reason why I got a 10 years old car and not a 5 years old one is because both will need to be repair and old parts need replacement. No many people will sell their car if is not end of the part life. so whether 5 years old or 10 years old you need to set aside a budget say RM7k to RM 10 k to 'renovate' the car.

And always remember the car part form a car which are value for +RM200k new, so the new part will reflect that price. It will be always more expensive then camry or accord as those are below RM200k value when new.

Just my 2 cent.

Regards

keong;578752 said:
bros..anyone purchase 2nd hand bmw and without KENA bad experience with the car? can pls share their experience ?

if 05 car e46 also will give problem with 100k, then i might be looking at other options of cars alraedy...maybe camry is my next choice ..since i dun wanna headache getting oil leak, gear box issue...etc..

someone pull me back to BMW pls..haha:rock:

Hi Keong, i'm pulling you back to BMW:wink:..i have never owned a new car, not even a Kancil nor any other Protons..currently i have 4 cars,all are not bought brand new..
been keeping the dream owning a Bimmer :105:n glad to have owned e34 520i as starter,then e36 325i n am currently having e39 525i alongside my toyota estima, iswara n charade aura:listen:..you just materialized your dream bro.Why backing off? my advise is get another car which is cheaper to maintain e.g proton wira..If your BMW breaks down, you still have another ride to take you from point A to point B blablabla. FYI i am just a silly teacher:32: who earns as much as you do,am not an engineer nor pilots who always have deep pockets.. True that we must spare some cash for the rainy days,let say rm 5000 a year for breakdowns..i prioritize my expenses n intend to keep my bmw..owning a BMW is truly an amazing experience to me..i struggle to overcome the fear of owning a BMW like many teachers have in mind..For maintenance, i always call the chop shop to inquire about my e39 parts and find them quite reasonably priced.i just want to keep it fit to roll without burning my shallow pockets..i believe you earn more than i do..its up to you to decide..:top:

p/s do I sound like a motivator? haha...sorry a bit carried away..:eek:

good discussions here.
my experience, get a good and reliable mechanic for opinion.
i almost bought a 318 2.0 2004 model then after bringing the car to my mechanic (autobahn sunway) the mechanic explains to me what should i expect if were to buy that car. scarry i would say. ended up, i bought a 325i 2002 model which is in very very good condition. the acc (rims,player etc) is a bonus but i know my engine and gearbox wont be giving me any problem (major) as all important parts already been changed by the previous owner. find out the history of the car,whois the owner, roughly u can imagine will that previous owner would really take good care of his ride or just "cincai" when it comes to parts and repairs.

if you've driven a 325, you will never like a 320. it is not about power crazy..it is just the extra pickup when u need it. esp when u need to pull away, overtake, climb a hill. for me extra power at the right is priceless.

iphoen, I totally agree with you on your take above. Before this, I've never owned a beemer before and I too, bought a 325i year 2001 (found it to be in quite good condition) instead of a few newer cars. Coz like you said whether it is 10 years or 5 years, parts are still needed to be changed no matter what. And I've expected to set a side a few '000s for this in exchange of the true feeling of owning and driving a UDM! It's just indescribably (if there's such a word) amazing....

Top Bottom