BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
kokwei9035;506977 said:
haha bro, the mod bug is out now...can't "tahan" with the M steering(tri color stiching)/paddle shift:listen::listen: really kena racun liao...modify bit by bit....after the steering/M peddel, then let me see what i can go further...:stupid:

I got some more racun especially for you...

THIS:

CarbonSmgPaddles2.pjpeg

http://www.ca-at.co.uk/single_prod-cHJvZF9pZD0yNzIzJmNhcl9tYWtlPWJtdyZjYXJfdHlwZT1lNDZtJmNhdF9pZD00MyZjb21wX2lkPTg=.html

EXTENDED LENGTH CARBON FIBRE PADDLES!

I'm seriously considering installing these (probably not CF as they're expensive) but the brushed aluminium/gunmetal ones since the original paddles are too short and sometimes when you're cornering you can't really reach the paddles

smgpaddles001_1169706419.JPG

haywire, nice mod.

Quick question, after installing the paddle shifters, is the transmission always in S mode? From my past research, that was the case. Thanks in advance

In addition to affan's Q,

Will you need to place shifter gate in the S mode, only then the paddies work? OR just by leavin it in D and by just flipping the paddies activates the M mode already?

affan66;507000 said:
haywire, nice mod.

Quick question, after installing the paddle shifters, is the transmission always in S mode? From my past research, that was the case. Thanks in advance

bimmerholic;507002 said:
In addition to affan's Q,

Will you need to place shifter gate in the S mode, only then the paddies work? OR just by leavin it in D and by just flipping the paddies activates the M mode already?

Nope, same exactly as before. No difference whatsoever. Paddles aren't working until you put the gear lever to the S mode, and then you pull the paddles to activate 'M' mode. Exactly the same as doing it with the gear knob.

Shift wont go up until you pull the paddle, but will go down when the car slows (sometimes I do forget to change the gear haha). I guess this is same as before?

Basically the retrofit wire taps into the existing wiring, and makes use of the up/down shift as with the knob.

Had a car wash yesterday...I desperately need a front splitter and a quad exhaust.....:vollkommenauf:

4472187842_87c716927d_o.jpg

4471419115_ba295cb973_o.jpg

haywire;507015 said:
Had a car wash yesterday...I desperately need a front splitter and a quad exhaust.....:vollkommenauf:

4472187842_87c716927d_o.jpg

4471419115_ba295cb973_o.jpg

But i desperately need your car instead bro :love: :top: :canabis:

what about the m5 folding mirrors..heheh..also i saw a set of ori m5 seats for sale in the classifieds. and does the m5 have an oval mirror like in the E46 M3? What about removing the plastic slate at the air damn and fitting the plastic mesh?

I think single side exhaust looks good but maybe just get some nicer looking dual tips. :)

Just my 2 cents..hehehe ciao

snchin;507091 said:
what about the m5 folding mirrors..heheh..also i saw a set of ori m5 seats for sale in the classifieds. and does the m5 have an oval mirror like in the E46 M3? What about removing the plastic slate at the air damn and fitting the plastic mesh?

I think single side exhaust looks good but maybe just get some nicer looking dual tips. :)

Just my 2 cents..hehehe ciao

Well the M5 seats have already found its new owner.

I believe the M5 ext & int mirrors is definitely on his list of things to get! :)

Yes the M5 rear view mirror is oval shaped just like the E46 M3.

aiyoh banyak tukang racun la sini.

Will have to wait for those items..probably back in Malaysia as money and time is running out. Just a student here....only part time working.

haywire;507095 said:
aiyoh banyak tukang racun la sini.

Will have to wait for those items..probably back in Malaysia as money and time is running out. Just a student here....only part time working.

part time working?....tapi kete dun pley pley worr :top:

Okay folks...been quite for a while as I ran out of money..hahahaha

Now next mod coming up...reverse camera DIY. I have bought the reverse camera on ebay, just waiting for it to arrive. Only £24, very cheap considering what it does.

Detail of the reverse camera here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160420671120&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Special Car Rearview Camera for BMW 3 Series/5 Series/X5/X6
Product model: GK-CA359
Lens Angle:170 degree
Sensor:OV7950/VC703,Color CMOS
TV system: PAL/NTSC
Resolution: 420 TV Lines
Effective Pixels:656×492 pixels/704×576 pixels
Minimum illumination:0.1 lux
IP Rating:IP68
Appearance size:7.32cm*3.63cm*4.54cm
Unique Design, With reference line functions

Main Features :
1,High Clear , Night Vision,Water Proof, Plastic material.
2,170 degree view angle, very small, and easy for installing
3,Low illumination and fill light automatic, waterproof
4,Special Designed For BMW 3 SERIES/5 SERIES/X5/X6, easy to install and run
5,Designed according to the license light hole install.
6,All you need is a screen and video input port.

Basically a direct swap of the number plate light for the reverse camera.

Wait for the DIY write-up, but could be a while since postage from China sometimes takes 10 working days to UK.

Hi bro, would you mind sharing/PMing me the exact procedures to getting the car from UK to MY? I've been working in UK (based in Battersea, London) for a couple of years and have tried asking our customs on this matter before but always get different and unsure answers. Also, any easier for foreigners to bring back cars from UK as HM's a local there? Cheers, Andy

andy_coupe;522825 said:
Hi bro, would you mind sharing/PMing me the exact procedures to getting the car from UK to MY? I've been working in UK (based in Battersea, London) for a couple of years and have tried asking our customs on this matter before but always get different and unsure answers. Also, any easier for foreigners to bring back cars from UK as HM's a local there? Cheers, Andy

Hello,

First of all, are you a Malaysian? if you are Malaysian then it should be simple enough, as you have been working in UK for 2 years. The requirement to get an AP (Approved Permit) for Malaysians abroad is working/studying for a period of 1 year or more (No spouse visa).

The car must have been registered and insured under your name for at least 9 months (there's way around this, ask the shipping agent).

Then just find a Malaysian shipping agent (such as shippingtomalaysia.com) that will sort the rest for you.

Bear in mind you would pay extortionate amount of import tax on your car

2000-2499 cc : 171.7%

2500-2999 cc : 192%

That percentage is based on their own pricing structure, so if you bought your car for £5,000 they might not use this figure, they came out with their own figure (based on new price, and the depreciation by years).

You can of course appeal to them once you have the import tax quotation. 20% less is normal after appeals.

Check out the MITI website:

http://www.miti.gov.my/cmspreview/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_12a8fe50-ac1c231a-1ca18370-955a9d52

If you are a foreigner, it is slightly different. Refer to here:

http://www.malaysia.alloexpat.com/malaysia_information/bringing_your_car_to_malaysia.php?page=0%2C0

And i think the same import tax structure still applies.

Installation of rear view camera still in process. Tested the wiring today but it doesnt work.

Turns out I needed an automotive relay to do the switching of the system.

Bought the relay on ebay just now and have to wait for it to arrive.

Top Bottom