BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
e39touring;577242 said:
Just wondering, is this value after all the appeals?

No more appeals, the system has changed since 1 June 2010 to automatic discount system.

It is based on ownership in the UK, if you owned the car less than 1 year in the UK you'll get 20% discount automatically, between 1 to 2 years 25% discount automatically and over 2 years 35% discount automatically (maximum that could be given).

Also the docket price system has changed, now no more depreciation after 5 years. The CIF price is fixed to 5 years. This is the cause of the high tax. For example, in the old system docket price for my car at 5 years old is RM33,678. So a 6 years old car would be 10% less at RM30,310. My car, a 7 years old car would get a further 10% to be RM27,279 (coincidentally this is nearly the price I paid my car for, so this is a correct valuation i think)

BUT in the new system, the CIF price that would be used for the tax calculation must be the figures that is stated in the docket, and the docket only states the figure for a 5 years old car, and it is for "60 months a above" (5 years), meaning any car above 60 months will be valuated at that figure, dont care if its a 10 year old car will still use that RM33,678 figure. No more 10% less for each year passed.

Rough calculation for the tax for my car:

CIF (Cost Insurance Freight) price for my car in the Customs docket: RM33,678

Import tax bracket for my car 193% roughly

RM33,678 x 1.93 = RM64,998

Backdated the documents for my car to be owned in the UK over 2 years = Automatic 35% discount

RM64,998 x 0.65 = RM42,248

haywire;499903 said:
Hi, as for those who don't know me yet I am in the UK, but will be going back to Malaysia hopefully this August with my car. Been in the UK since September 2003. My first two cars in the UK were Rovers, the first one I ran till its death with a blown head gasket, and the second was close to its end when I sold it.

My third car was a BMW E36, bought in 2007. I have been a BMW hardcore fan for about 10 years but just dont have money to own it yet. So that E36 was my first BMW. Didnt give me any problems for the 20 months I owned it though. Isi minyak jalann...full service according to schedule is normal.

I used to obsess about E46s but then I had a family and reconsidered the size as I found 3 series were too cramped for my use. My father had a Mercedes W210 in Malaysia (he is a Merc fan since like, forever) so I have been driving that around for a while and doesnt feel its too big. (I am a very small person, FYI). So in the end decided to go for the E39. Really preferred the E39 to E60 since the E39 is old school like with its low front, and the E60 m sport is still around £14,000 here (I will only buy factory M-sport)

A month ago I found out that I'll have to go back to Malaysia this year, so quickly bought an E39 to bring it back with me. Been researching about the car for a while, so I already know what I want and what to expect. In the end I went for this particular BMW, a 2003 E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition (Only 150 units made :D). It even had 18' M-Parallels and 16:9 sat nav and tv unit, which is sort of my requirement for the car.

Enough of the words, these are the photos now:

4472187842_b7d092ef95_z.jpg

4471419115_3c6c1d6dd3_z.jpg

4417930017_97dfabbbee_z.jpg

4418697008_87eef49237_z.jpg

4418693786_1cb4d45299_z.jpg

The new E39 with the outgoing E36 (the E36 is gone now - sold)

4417927831_4dfb34437d_z.jpg

4417928193_7c6f768bd7_z.jpg

4418696344_4dc53155b0_z.jpg

The gorgeous M-Parallels

4417928773_99f598951a_z.jpg

Original M strip to all doors

4417926733_17389fa42b_z.jpg

Manual leather sport seats

4417926993_659273c507_z.jpg

My interiors

4418694548_c58d7e2c52_z.jpg

Original M-Sport steering wheel

4417927533_d96ca60123_z.jpg

Newly installed SMG steering retrofit - paddles fully working - 3 colour stitching

This is the best mod I've done so far

4418697822_5dcb023a34_z.jpg

Cupholder retrofit - originally the car didnt have cupholder installed, it came with TrafficMaster in that place - which I dont think is useful or available in Malaysia (even if available its by subscribtion so scrap that) so removed it and installed the cupholder in its place.

4417930241_54754d3cd4_z.jpg

AUX IN retrofit done to my car. Now will take any mp3 player input.

When I bought the car I was too excited and didnt realise the car came with the pre-facelift headlights, but a fellow forummer pointed me out to that issue. So I have bought a set of genuine Hella Xenon Angel Eyes and have installed it to my car. So far all the work has been done by myself (DIY), which includes:

1. SMG steering wheel with paddles retrofit
2. Cupholder retrofit
3. AUX In retrofit
4. Hella Xenon Angel Eyes, with aluminium adjusters fitted by myself
5. Update Head Unit software, which includes sat nav update. now showing the GPS maps in perspective mode.
6. 7000k white LED bulb for the angel eyes (although i feel that I didnt really like it, might revert back to the original BMW bulb with amber colour angel eyes. (Bloody thing broken after barely a month, now reverted back to amber angel eyes)
7. AV adapters to allow video input through the head unit
8. Reverse Camera
9. Pixel display repair

Things on my list:

1. Black kidney grille (Bought, waiting to be installed)
2. Front splitter
3. Restore front driver's leather seat to new condition
4. A bit of rust on the front hood above the headlight (wait to do in Malaysia)
5. Aluminium pedals with M badge (Bought, waiting to be installed)
6. Quad exhausts (I dont think I'll have the money for this now, but its in the list - maybe later)
7. Extended paddle shifter (new on list) (Bought, waiting to be installed)
8. Aluminium cluster rings (Bought, waiting to be installed)

I have also bought the BMW scanner tool by PA Soft, version 1.36 that will allow me to run diagnostics on the car. The TV is only working when stationary at the moment, once the car is moved the screen turn blue with only audio sounding. The scanner tool will enable the TV in motion but I havent got round to doing that yet. (DONE)

Any comments/ observations? Will upload photo of the car with the angel eyes soon.

UPDATE: First photo already updated with the angel eyes and photos resized to be more loading-friendly.

Bro,
How was the SMG steering retrofit? Can be fit to E60?? hehe how much or the retrofit??

henry phoong;577342 said:
Bro,
How was the SMG steering retrofit? Can be fit to E60?? hehe how much or the retrofit??

I think its do-able but dont know the exact details, I've seen people do it.

Uses a different steering design than mine, its like the E60 M-sport steering but with the paddles:

DSC_0852.jpg

haywire;577467 said:
Car should be out on Monday.

Cangratulations Haywire...have been following your updates since March 2010 this year. Finally it has come to fruition. Welcome home and let us know your Malaysian reg plates so we can honk at you when we see you on the streets of KL/PJ.... :) Nice Ride. We're happy for you.

M3ac;577480 said:
Cangratulations Haywire...have been following your updates since March 2010 this year. Finally it has come to fruition. Welcome home and let us know your Malaysian reg plates so we can honk at you when we see you on the streets of KL/PJ.... :) Nice Ride. We're happy for you.

It would be WUN 530...for all you guys just honk me and wave if you see me...I'll do the same. Its just sometimes my wife would be driving it as well so dont be surprised if you see a lady driving it..hehe.

Already told her that friends from BMWCM could be honking when they see the car, just so that she's not too surprised if somebody honked her for no reason hehe :cool:

haywire;577339 said:
No more appeals, the system has changed since 1 June 2010 to automatic discount system.

It is based on ownership in the UK, if you owned the car less than 1 year in the UK you'll get 20% discount automatically, between 1 to 2 years 25% discount automatically and over 2 years 35% discount automatically (maximum that could be given).

Also the docket price system has changed, now no more depreciation after 5 years. The CIF price is fixed to 5 years. This is the cause of the high tax. For example, in the old system docket price for my car at 5 years old is RM33,678. So a 6 years old car would be 10% less at RM30,310. My car, a 7 years old car would get a further 10% to be RM27,279 (coincidentally this is nearly the price I paid my car for, so this is a correct valuation i think)

BUT in the new system, the CIF price that would be used for the tax calculation must be the figures that is stated in the docket, and the docket only states the figure for a 5 years old car, and it is for "60 months a above" (5 years), meaning any car above 60 months will be valuated at that figure, dont care if its a 10 year old car will still use that RM33,678 figure. No more 10% less for each year passed.

Rough calculation for the tax for my car:

CIF (Cost Insurance Freight) price for my car in the Customs docket: RM33,678

Import tax bracket for my car 193% roughly

RM33,678 x 1.93 = RM64,998

Backdated the documents for my car to be owned in the UK over 2 years = Automatic 35% discount

RM64,998 x 0.65 = RM42,248

The 530 is now out from the port. Currently at Puspakom for the inspection.

Its a really good feeling to be able to drive it again after so long.

haywire;577919 said:
The 530 is now out from the port. Currently at Puspakom for the inspection.

Its a really good feeling to be able to drive it again after so long.

great news indeed ....so when can we see ya apperance for TT..... ?

Maybe after you puas puas driving around today, you can take some nice new shots of your ride and tampal here can? :D :D

drive puas2 kemende...now still at puspakom...waiting for the report to be typed in...hmmm...not sure if can settle it all today

everything else is settled except JPJ, will do that tomorrow afternoon. been driving around in my unregistered plate though! otherwise.would have to use tow trucks.

car is safely in my parking lot now.

haywire,

wow...finally car is out. And now u can join us for tt this friday in PJ. Thanks for sharing the substancial info on the tax structure for cars into Msia. I am sure many forumers benefitted fr this info

cheers.

gilajazz;578081 said:
haywire,

wow...finally car is out. And now u can join us for tt this friday in PJ. Thanks for sharing the substancial info on the tax structure for cars into Msia. I am sure many forumers benefitted fr this info

cheers.

this weekend cannot lar, driving up north because i have an event in Jitra the whole weekend. Next weekend drive to Kuantan. Quite busy la now but I'll try to make it as soon as I can.

weekend only busy, but Friday nite at papa rich can rite....?we'll promise to ask u to leave by 12midnight... :D

this weekend i'm driving up north on friday morning. not sure about next week yet.

which papa rich is this?

Car is now officially registered and taxed. One year tax at RM2077.50.

Now that everything is settled I can drive it with peace of mind (just wait for the saman ekor to come pouring in)

Top Bottom