BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
How i wish i have an E39...loads of stuff to play around...haha

YaZmEeN;564888 said:
How i wish i have an E39...loads of stuff to play around...haha

Get one then!

I think I'll go and pick up that rubber mat myself just for my peace of mind, I dont have anything to do tomorrow anyway on my last full day in the UK, so might as well go for a long drive through the country. The last joy of having to pay no toll.

Bristol to Northhampton tomorrow! Found another route which is shorter, 116 miles but through smaller road so takes about the same time, 2 and a half hours.

i think if u drive there, the fuel cost also will be quite high issit....? :)

anyway, thinking of getting an E39 520i last batch, say 2003 and mod it to look like urs inside out...do u think can?

YaZmEeN;564906 said:
i think if u drive there, the fuel cost also will be quite high issit....? :)

anyway, thinking of getting an E39 520i last batch, say 2003 and mod it to look like urs inside out...do u think can?

Cost of next day delivery and fuel to drive there not much difference (25-30 pounds), and like I said its quite nice to have a last drive through the country on my last day..

and enjoy the cold breeze....don't forget to shoot some photos. the scenery will be very nice

I am now back in Malaysia. Couldnt wait until I get my hands on my e39 530i again..

Wilkommen brader! I bet you gotta settle all your immediate stuff first and of course not forgetting the beautiful lady codenamed E39! Let us know when you'll be ready & set to join your first ever TT with us all. :top:

haywire;566220 said:
Yes you can, but the actual paddles and its switches are really rare and costs sometimes nearly as much as the SMG steering itself, so not many people do it. And it involves cutting the back of the wheel, installing the bracket, the switches and the paddles.

It's clear now. Means self modification is needed in this case. So the feeling when you press the paddle might differ than the original SMG steering thou.. :hmmmm2:

My car is nearly out from the port. Probably early next week. Now looking for insurance for the car. How much shall I insure it for? The Etiqa agent I contacted suggested to insure for RM100k with RM2k for windscreen insurance with 55% NCD which brings the total insurance to around RM1660. If i insure it for RM120k with RM2k windscreen insurance the total is RM1839.19.

Any suggestion or other agent to contact? The problem is I need insurance companies that will accept UK NCD (I have 5 years NCD, UK doesn't use percentage only years). Tried a friend who does Prudential but they don't cover UK NCD.

Would the insurance differ from one company to another or would it be around the figure above anyway?

haywire;575987 said:
My car is nearly out from the port. Probably early next week. Now looking for insurance for the car. How much shall I insure it for? The Etiqa agent I contacted suggested to insure for RM100k with RM2k for windscreen insurance with 55% NCD which brings the total insurance to around RM1660. If i insure it for RM120k with RM2k windscreen insurance the total is RM1839.19.

Any suggestion or other agent to contact? The problem is I need insurance companies that will accept UK NCD (I have 5 years NCD, UK doesn't use percentage only years). Tried a friend who does Prudential but they don't cover UK NCD.

Would the insurance differ from one company to another or would it be around the figure above anyway?

Bro, from my experience pointless to insure beyond market value. Insurers will only pay up to market value less deductibles. Usually they take an average of quotes from their preferred market rate suppliers. Best indication is the bank valuation for your cars make and model. Call any bank HP dept for a quote.

On NCD, I believe there is a universal understanding that so long as you provide a letter of confirmation from your insurer confirming your NCD, this should be acceptable. I used my Msian NCD in NZ/OZ when I was posted there 6 years ago. I am not aware if things have changed/developed since then.

Also insurance for motor vehicle to my understanding is based on underwriting risk and on a standard formula. So technically, it should not differ materially from insurer to insurer. Again, I may be out dated.

All the best!

ssmann;576009 said:
Bro, from my experience pointless to insure beyond market value. Insurers will only pay up to market value less deductibles. Usually they take an average of quotes from their preferred market rate suppliers. Best indication is the bank valuation for your cars make and model. Call any bank HP dept for a quote.

On NCD, I believe there is a universal understanding that so long as you provide a letter of confirmation from your insurer confirming your NCD, this should be acceptable. I used my Msian NCD in NZ/OZ when I was posted there 6 years ago. I am not aware if things have changed/developed since then.

Also insurance for motor vehicle to my understanding is based on underwriting risk and on a standard formula. So technically, it should not differ materially from insurer to insurer. Again, I may be out dated.

All the best!

Thanks bro, but the thing is I'm not sure of the market price of my car so thats why not sure 100k or 120k. I'll try to look around, there's still time.

ur car should be around RM120k of value. if u throw in all the specs u have added/ factory fitted it might blow up to 160k, if u convert all the time taken to cash value then it'll be priceless lah....hehe

Top Bottom