BMS powerbox for N52 engine.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Just call kingston..since there are members MIA after making commitment. U might be the lucky one.

I installed it on Saturday (Feb-25) at Everco. It cost me RM1625. Installation took about 2 hours....you can leave your car there and walk to Pyramid, Kingston will call you once it's done.

Performance: Mixed feelings that I got...at Map 3, I could certainly feel that the throttle response was better at D but come to think of it, I get almost the response at DS mode as well in low revs. Kingston mentioned that the improvement could be felt at higher torques compared to low end torque on DS vs DS+PB. I did not test that though...

Fuel: My regular consumption hovers at 8.8 - 9km/l. After PB in Map 3 (even if I drive like an uncle), my fuel increased to 7.8 - 8km/l.

Overall: At RM1625, I would say that it's money not well spent..guess it's better if we just remap the ECU....hmm.

Ok, let me say something. I've had BMS PB installed since Aug 2010. I got it from S'pore.
Well, the throttle response is certainly impressive esp. right after the installation. Car never felt that good straight after that, on map 3. Now still map 3.

Car is eager to pull, but still slow nevertheless, perhaps an aftermarket free flow exhaust would help unleash more power, but this is my highway cruiser and i need a quiet cabin.

Its not adding power, maybe there is but i cant feel it. Fuel consumption is 11.7/100km thus far.

This thing is a lot cheaper now, and i say go get it...it'll add a little excitement during stop-go trafic light...that's it!

Kingston did say that in order to achieve maximum performance, we have to keep trashing the car on Map 3. If not, the PB will reprogram itself for a more mundane driving experience. It will take a couple of days for the PB to follow your driving style....so a couple of days of mundane driving will reduce the PB mapping....need another couple of days of hard driving to remap it again.

Being in Klang valley, this is not feasible at all....

mixed review...

let see more feedback from the members..after all it is a personal's choice.

i vote for:rock:

guys

those who wanna add fun to ur N52. pls call Kingston @ everco sunway. 012 233 3508 for bms power box

I will find the time to hook it up with Kingston one of these Saturdays.

Top Bottom