Blistein B8 vs B6

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

advocates

Club Guest
Guys, My car sat very much lower compared to stock ride. Previous owner must have compressed the original springs and the ride suffered a lot even on stock abs. I have changed the abs to B8 and the ride was still the same..crashy! Recently changed the springs to the stock height original springs and the ride has improved. However, slightly bouncy instead of bumpry and crashy. As far as I know, B8 abs has shorter strokes and a lowered springs like H & R would suit B8 better compared to normal springs. B6 on the other hand works better with ori springs. I would like to know, can B8 goes with original springs? Anyone want to swap a B6 with my B8? Tx.

If not mistaken, B8 suits well with eibach coils..i have read somewhere in this forum regarding this..try searching bro

Thanks bro..I have tried eibach in my audi A4 and friend's e46. Suffice to say that it is way to soft for me..taking corners is excellent but when you go through road undulation, the car is so bouncy that my head can hit the ceiling of the car esp when on high speed..so no eibach for me...

and yes, I have search and read almost all the threads on springs. Some commented that B8 is suitable for lowered springs as it has shorter strokes but no one gave any opinion on the effect of B8 wit ori springs. (unless there are other threads I have yet to come across)

Tx for your input.

I havent tried any other brands..so far i'm quite satisfied with eibach and bilstein combo..nevertheless, its a good info from you too..thanks again

If the previous owner has "cut" or "compressed" the original springs, the cheapest way will be to swap the springs to either e.g. Eibach Prokit/Sportline with your B8...

bro advocates...sorry that out of topic...
may i know how much u bought the B8 abs?

Hi rg470, thanks for the input. Appreciate it. I dont quite like lowered springs but if I have to, I will go for H & R.

Hi cythomas83,

Auto Future in Damansaara Utama selling the B8 abs for RM2600.

advocates;661317 said:
Hi rg470, thanks for the input. Appreciate it. I dont quite like lowered springs but if I have to, I will go for H & R.

Hi cythomas83,

Do take note that H&R springs are generally "harder" than Eibachs, since you complained about current bumpy and crashy ride.

Yes, I know H & R is harder..my current ride now is bouncy as opposed to bumpy and crashy before I change to ori springs.....the beauty of my e39 is the ride and handling is well balanced ...e46...sigh..have to mix and match to get what i want..lol

Hi all bros, alot of good reviews about the B8 + eibach pro kits, so just last saturday, i went and done mine at autoarts sunway for about 2900 but the springs was donated by my good friends as he is selling off his beemer - about 7 mths old.

my 2 cents, the ride is so freaking firm and there is not much rebound on the front end. (the depression i tested is about 10-15mm) It felt jumpy and there is no roll at all, it has only been 2 days, but alot of users said it had to be run in? is that so? never heard of any suspension running in before.

i measured my friends 318 m sport ci from the floor to the fender -R 630 F 650mm , mine is R 630 F630mm
m sport front is higher by 20 mm - any sifus can help me out here?

what i was hoping for is the sharpness of a performance shocks with the comfort of the conti car, much in between, now it just feels like a jap car. :p

adr;661364 said:
Hi all bros, alot of good reviews about the B8 + eibach pro kits, so just last saturday, i went and done mine at autoarts sunway for about 2900 but the springs was donated by my good friends as he is selling off his beemer - about 7 mths old.

my 2 cents, the ride is so freaking firm and there is not much rebound on the front end. (the depression i tested is about 10-15mm) It felt jumpy and there is no roll at all, it has only been 2 days, but alot of users said it had to be run in? is that so? never heard of any suspension running in before.

i measured my friends 318 m sport ci from the floor to the fender -R 630 F 650mm , mine is R 630 F630mm
m sport front is higher by 20 mm - any sifus can help me out here?

what i was hoping for is the sharpness of a performance shocks with the comfort of the conti car, much in between, now it just feels like a jap car. :p

I am driving a 2002 E46 N42 318

advocates;661317 said:

Hi cythomas83,

RM2600 for 4?

Hi adr,

You have summed up well the issue I face with eibach prokit when u said "It felt jumpy and there is no roll at all" The cornering is just superb and excellent but really jumpy. I had the eibach on my A4 after one month, I took it out! Tak boleh tahan. Perhaps the spring rate was too soft for the car/abs. I then changed to Koni FSD with Audi Sport springs and the ride was better, much better. Then I cut the bump stop as the lowered springs would have reduced the suspension travel. The car felt mush more composed. Finally, I got myself KW1 coilover and the car drives like a beast! lol

I sat in my friend's e36 H & R with B8 and it drives really well. Superb cornering, a tad harder than ori suspension but it does not feel jumpy at all.

ahban80;661610 said:
just try Boge asb + eibach pro kits + super pro bush + dampener !

bro...i m using boge asb + eibach pro kits...very low...very bouncy...but of coz i dont have the super pro bush n dampener...

cythomas83;661619 said:
bro...i m using boge asb + eibach pro kits...very low...very bouncy...but of coz i dont have the super pro bush n dampener...

standard absorber is not design for lowered spring hence the bouncy effect. it also makes the absorber wear faster

Hi InitialM,

You are right to say that lowered springs are not meant for standard abs. What about the other way round? B8, a sports abs with shorter strokes, match with original springs? any idea?

Mr. lawyer, I installed b6 adjustables on my e92 using my old springs. This is a new product according 2 autofuture allan, cost rm4k. Setting is from 1 to 10 , 1 being softest n 10 hardest. M running on front 5 n 3 rear. Very comforable at d moment n zero complaints. Could b slightly cheaper 4 e46. Wasn't prepared 2 pay rm 7 to 8k 4 kws. sorry dont have his no. Adjustable hardness but not height. I m quite happy with d height of d car.

Top Bottom