Bliesten HD (Yellow)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

G-MOK

Club Guest
:angry: I had replace my stock suspension with Blistien Yellow HD with Eibach spring in my E39 last year (6 months ago) and to my greatest disappointment today it leak very badly. :angry: why is this happening to me :eek: have any of you guys experiencing these :eek: Is there any warranty for these shockers :rolleyes: I am thinking going to TITAN if I cannot get replacement. My experience with TITAN :D Malaysia boleh. By the way, anybody interested in EIBACH spring for E39...........lelong :)

Actually yellow is Sports and black is HD. But both are virtually bomb-proof. My Bilstein Sports on the 36 have been superb over the last 2 years & still running strong.

The Bilstein website claims a life-time (life of the car) warranty against defects, but not sure if the local agent here will honor that.

I've heard of fakes, though .... hope that's not the case here.

What u have experienced is not common but not completely unusual either......shocks do fail, be they gas or oil ......perhaps its just bad luck u know....why dun u try and do a warranty claim from the people who sold it to u as 6 months is an unusually short time period for them to fail.

If they give any BS about u shouldnt have used them with eibachs or sumthing like that dont accept that coz the HD's are designed to work with any spring (within reason of course) otherwise Bilstein would have sold them complete with springs as a set...which they do with thier higher end range.

But as koryong said dunno if they will honour it....I think Mr. 535 had a similar problem and his warranty claim is still pending for very long time (think years not months).....

Conclsuion....u r kinda stuck....I'd suggest you dump the Bilstein's and replace em with ....another bilstein or something else, like u said TITANs perhaps.....dun ditch the eibachs tho....they are fine...u can use them with the TITANs unless u going for complete titan set or coilovers or sumthing...

If u wundering...Konis have a bad rep here in Bolehland....the legend or truth (depending on who u speak to) is that they like to leak....but in the US they are kinda popular....dinan offers them (with bilstein's), TC Kline (former racer turned tuner) offers them, and many other well know names....kinda odd dun u think? Maybe shiocks are made or valved differently according to the market....who knows?

Good luck!

I have been using Bilsteins, sport and HD. Never had a problem with them. Previously was on boge and must say the Bilsteins are pretty reliable and durable. Well, try to claim!! :cry:

Hang Albundy ...

Good luck man .. Tried to claim my 2 weeks old BILSTEIN B6 Sport from Geo *** ... Hmmmm .. that was 3 yrs ago ... Dah puas chasing dah !!

Now running on KONI's - not as good as BILSTEIN but at least Kenneth fr HOKOM**** is more accomodating ....

Originally posted by 535i@Feb 16 2005, 05:04 AM
Hang Albundy ...

Good luck man .. Tried to claim my 2 weeks old BILSTEIN B6 Sport from Geo *** ... Hmmmm .. that was 3 yrs ago ... Dah puas chasing dah !!

Now running on KONI's - not as good as BILSTEIN but at least Kenneth fr HOKOM**** is more accomodating ....
Well is Geo****is authorise disty then should be able to claim. If they give sh!T i would write to bilstein directly to complain. After email is free.

Good Morning to all;
:D :D :D I am happy because I get a free replacement to my leaking Bliesten shocker. The Workshop..MPS Auto did honour the warranty claim without any hassle and stated my case is the first case had to claim warranty (maybe my bad luck), the actual date purchase the shock is 11 oct 2004. Kudos to mr Manjee Lai for being very professional. :rofl: B) :rolleyes:

U r damn lucky ..
Kudos to this shop ... BTW, where is it ?

Originally posted by G-MOK@Feb 17 2005, 09:25 AM
Good Morning to all;
:D :D :D I am happy because I get a free replacement to my leaking Bliesten shocker. The Workshop..MPS Auto did honour the warranty claim without any hassle and stated my case is the first case had to claim warranty (maybe my bad luck), the actual date purchase the shock is 11 oct 2004. Kudos to mr Manjee Lai for being very professional. :rofl: B) :rolleyes:
gud to hear dat GMOK.....

helooo guys,

can i know how much is a new front bilstein yellow absorber for e36 ????

thankssss

yeps, manjee is a nice fella, neva penat layaning customers ... u shld go check his pix album collection of his customers' cars .. simply MAGNIFICENT!

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Top Bottom