Bimmer spotting...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wow... Must be a RB20 heart inside...

Guess the old engine couldn't take it anymore, so owner couldn't bear the repair costs and wanted a newer heart instead... :(

Hi guyz... just sharing pix of BMW Isetta taken during my visit to Bangkok Motoshow last year... pretty cool ride IMO :D

Sharing a couple of shots:

IMAG1048.jpg

Taken yesterday evening. Nice E39. Rear looks different from the usual E39s. Ini M-Sport ka? The car had nice E39 ///M5 rims too.

IMAG1049.jpg

Saw this E34 this morning along NPE. Car had Alpinas on, but missing the caps, and had a boot spoiler. Lady driver. Couldn't help but do double take when I saw this car. Aisayman, if only I had those rims on my ride. :p

Eggie86;628623 said:
Sharing a couple of shots:

IMAG1048.jpg

Taken yesterday evening. Nice E39. Rear looks different from the usual E39s. Ini M-Sport ka? The car had nice E39 ///M5 rims too.

Deii never see my car ka? Thats M-sport la (dunno real or not)...see my rear

4471419115_3c6c1d6dd3_z.jpg

haywire;628651 said:

Hardly see your car's backside la Haywire. :p

Oh yea, now that you mentioned it, I did notice the boot spoiler on that E39 as well. That car was debadged, probably 530i like yours or an aftermarket conversion?

Eggie86;628655 said:
Hardly see your car's backside la Haywire. :p

Oh yea, now that you mentioned it, I did notice the boot spoiler on that E39 as well. That car was debadged, probably 530i like yours or an aftermarket conversion?

525i 520i oso got M-sport la...but this one dunno la real or not, need close inspection. One easy tell-tale is the black window trim, but this is still easily changed, normally I check the seats and steering to confirm its M-sport or not.

Someone told me Auto Bavaria never officially released M-sport model for the E39, so most Msport E39 would be grey imports. Not sure though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the clarification. I was side by side when I noticed the M5 rims it had. The stance when I saw that E39 from the rear, I knew it was something special. Just didn't know it was an M-Sport model [whether ori or not another question la :p]...

Driver was probably laughing at my Alpina-wannabe... :4:

haywire;628689 said:
525i 520i oso got M-sport la...but this one dunno la real or not, need close inspection. One easy tell-tale is the black window trim, but this is still easily changed, normally I check the seats and steering to confirm its M-sport or not.

Someone told me Auto Bavaria never officially released M-sport model for the E39, so most Msport E39 would be grey imports. Not sure though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Eggie86;628751 said:
Driver was probably laughing at my Alpina-wannabe... :4:

Correction bro, not Alpina wannabe.. but Alpina Soon-to-be.. mindset bro, mindset!

haywire;628651 said:

I was once bumped into your car bro Haywire. It was noon around lunch time at Jalan Sultan Ismail. I saw an eye-catching blue Msport E39 from far and noticed it had 530 plate number. Looked closely at the rear window and saw "BMW Club Malaysia" sticker. Instantly I know it was you.

Venceladus;628852 said:
I was once bumped into your car bro Haywire. It was noon around lunch time at Jalan Sultan Ismail. I saw an eye-catching blue Msport E39 from far and noticed it had 530 plate number. Looked closely at the rear window and saw "BMW Club Malaysia" sticker. Instantly I know it was you.

Should've drive by my side and wave, I'll wave back!

Hehe, he's an awesome dude this Haywire.

Fellow Bristolian. :)

Wakaka, how come never come across you so far on the roads... :p

haywire;628689 said:

Visually, there is also the silver interior trims. However, most of the items mentioned are also easily retrofitted to look like an m-sport version. However, most won't take the trouble to replace the interior roof lining. Msports model IIRC are dark grey color (can't remember the specific color name tho...).

Paging for Haywire to help Andrew out... Hehe.

Vavona is for the wood trim right? :p

andrewk;629640 said:
Visually, there is also the silver interior trims. However, most of the items mentioned are also easily retrofitted to look like an m-sport version. However, most won't take the trouble to replace the interior roof lining. Msports model IIRC are dark grey color (can't remember the specific color name tho...).

Not necessarily silver trims. Those are option items in the UK, the standard being the silver ones, but most people spec the wood for the car initially when new. People in UK actually pay some money to get the wood. Mine is special edition M-sport which came with black anthracite wood.

The black roof is called black anthracite too.

haywire;629656 said:
Not necessarily silver trims. Those are option items in the UK, the standard being the silver ones, but most people spec the wood for the car initially when new. People in UK actually pay some money to get the wood. Mine is special edition M-sport which came with black anthracite wood.

IC. Could this be also market specific? Coz I thot the standard trims are the wood trims, with the silver / brush aluminium being standard for the m-sports. Maybe the Jap spec ones.. anyone got any ideas?

haywire;629656 said:
The black roof is called black anthracite too.

Ah.. dats the name... getting old. ;)

andrewk;629661 said:
IC. Could this be also market specific? Coz I thot the standard trims are the wood trims, with the silver / brush aluminium being standard for the m-sports. Maybe the Jap spec ones.. anyone got any ideas?

Could be la. Most Japs ones I've seen are silver trims.

And not forgetting, Haywire bro got himself an immaculate, special edition Aegean Edition...

Hehe, dang I need to search back for the softcopy article I posted here before...

Aegean and Champagne.. :love:

Haha, found it!

Haywire has the full scanned copy though :p

imag0610.jpg

imag0611.jpg

Top Bottom