Beware of Theft

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SarJeePekAi

Club Guest
Parked my e36 in two locations at Damansra UtamaUptown and only discovered in the morning that one of my kidney grills was stolen.Earlier this year the star emblem on my Mercwas stolen while parked in the same notoriousarea.Be careful where you park. Choose a bright, hightraffic area if you must park there.

noted sir, thx a lot coz i alwz hav chee cheong fun there, c u at the chaps bro tis sun

FOR your INFO

A quick check on prices reveal that the
OEM grill costs RM110 and a Taiwan-made
costs RM70 [per unit].
Now short of tani money....

SarJeePekAi;218069 said:
FOR your INFO

A quick check on prices reveal that the
OEM grill costs RM110 and a Taiwan-made
costs RM70 [per unit].
Now short of tani money....

Now u know why ur kidney grill was flicked... definitely by some small timers looking for their damn daily fix.

If you find someone coming up to you offering to sell some kidneys:D , u know what to do....

gd advised bro, many thanks. Also little more of it, Please beware or advise all bimmer member mrs/wife who drove bmw car to petrol stations, look around coz jst remember lst few months a lady fren was overpowered and taken the car away. Its an E60!! this happen somewhere curve area. So be xtra careful. Cheers.:cool:

tq ramoura hope nobody care abt my wife driving her old E36 yeah , thank god

Next time we'll parked there again and spy on from both corner...one hand wit a beer and one hand wit what ever you can get hold off..then we can do some catching...sounds good...

Nowadays, robbers and thieves are braver and 3x desperate.

Our police are sleeping. with salary increament, they now dreaming what to buy

In my line of work, there are constant metal theft, almost daily. When we make the police reports, they try very hard to discourage us from making the reports, even accusing us of stealing our own installations! It spoils their crime statistics. Basically, they can't and don't do anything about petty theft.

ya...a hassle to report if nothing is done....a waste of time unless if required for an insurance claim....they treat petty theft as if it is the victim's fault if I might say so...

the cops know which areas are hotspots for thefts/crimes but still these
areas are not patrolled regularly. just a stone's throw away from the balai
was where i parked and grill got swiped? how to report, make my rad boil
over! guess that now that balai is renovated its more comfy to stay in and
let us heathens suffer......!! u report time they tell you "just 3 hrs ago a
BM also got stolen....and a Harrier too...last week 3 more got broken into"
so interesting one, these boys in uniform.

..BMW Theft Statistics...

meetoo;219326 said:
In my line of work, there are constant metal theft, almost daily. When we make the police reports, they try very hard to discourage us from making the reports, even accusing us of stealing our own installations! It spoils their crime statistics. Basically, they can't and don't do anything about petty theft.

...kidney grills are usually 'acquired' singly at any opportunistic time, oddly enough & very rarely both at the same time...

...during the monsoon season, wipers (both), are 'acquired', leaving the victim to find the loss usually when it starts raining & the windscreen is scratched by the naked wiper arms...

...windows are pierced with special cutters whenever certain type of belongings are left visibly in the car...(is your car parked near a building construction site ?)

...cars parked in undesignated or non-authorised parking locations, are the most prone to deliberate attempts at theft...

...the seemingly 'petty' thefts are a preclude to a larger crime involving the same vehicle, at that time, at that particular area...it allows the perpetrators to determine if the car alarm is working & if public awareness is evident...eventually the 'team'involved could even 'jack' the whole vehicle...

...incidents should be reported so that the appropriate authorities are informed & those involved, from the 'acquirer', 'fence' right upto the larger car theft rings are eventually apprehended...

...ever notice that when the perpetrators do get caught and are shown on the tv news, it's the whole 'team' & most of the loot that is displayed...(laptop, hand bags, car CD players, cellphones & ofcourse cars etc)...

...like everywhere else in the world, who doesn't want to pay cheap money for something that is usually very expensive ?...the 'black market' is there the moment there is an unscrupulous & unfulfilled demand always ready to pay cheap...

;)

Desperados would steal anything these days! Sigh...

Emblems & logos are favourites... and not only Mercs & Beemers are affected. I used to own a Satria GTi. Their favourites include the "Lotus" and "GTi" emblems. Heck... someone even flicked my Bee-Sting radio antenna!!!

Sometimes, it's bad enough that they actually take something... but it's worse if they don't take anything, and they damage your ride... coz then you'll get this sickening feeling in your gut that someone had dared to lay their pitiful hand on your baby and damaged it.

My then shiny black Merc got a nasty, deep scratch from the front wheel arch, front door, rear door, all the way to the back... whilst parked at Maju Junction. First and last time I ever went there.

Upside of it? Well, I've since resprayed the Merc silver to match my fiancee's E46 320i M-Sport! Cun...

Back to the topic at hand though... somebody, somewhere better be trying to get a grip on this rising crime rate. It's sickening!!!

Top Bottom