Better & Louder Sound System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bix

Club Guest
Hello Everyone,I have a question regarding the above said subject. I drive a 2003 E46 330Ci and the Harman Kardon speakers that came with the car isn't doing much of a great job for a convertible when I go 'topless.' 1. How can I make it better - What should I add / replace?2. What kind of price will I be looking at to make it better. Hope you can help me out to upgrade my ride. Cheerio...

Hi Bix,

IMHO, no amount of speakers etc would make it better for a topless drive. The interference of the wind will play havoc and to make things worse... when you go topless the acoustics is just that... topless aka not there. Got my drift... But like I mentioned, its my view on the subject. There may be others here with different experience etc.

BTW, since you are from the Ampang area do visit this thread:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15840

BlackCat

Thanks Bro for the reply. I agree with you that no amount of speakers can make the sound better but my speakers are cracking when I put a high volume, even when I'm covered with the soft - top.

I'm not very much of a technical type of fella but if you or anyone else knows about upgrading the sound system, then please let me know. I'm just thinking of having one of those system that produces a powerful sound even when I'm cruising. lol...

Cheers for the link - Will definitely make it to the TT, whenever the date has been set.

Harmon Kardon not good for you? may be you need some amplifier to boost the power. You can trade in or sell your harmon kardon and get a new speaker that can match new amplifier of your choice. To make it more customise, change the head unit and dump in a couple of 12" sub. Most reputable ICE shop can do this. gl.

Head Unit & Amplifier - I see. I'll check it out.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Bix;267491 said:
Thanks Bro for the reply. I agree with you that no amount of speakers can make the sound better but my speakers are cracking when I put a high volume, even when I'm covered with the soft - top.

I'm not very much of a technical type of fella but if you or anyone else knows about upgrading the sound system, then please let me know. I'm just thinking of having one of those system that produces a powerful sound even when I'm cruising. lol...

Cheers for the link - Will definitely make it to the TT, whenever the date has been set.

Bix,

PM affan. He might be able to help you out, else, trawl in the ICE section of this forum, you may get some pointers there. Good luck.

BlackCat

Bro Bix,

I am just around the Taman TAR area. Drop me a line if you wanna meet up. I'll PM you my cell. Cheers...

BlackCat

Top Bottom