Best value Suspension & Anti-Roll Bar for money

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saprozeldo

Club Guest
[quote name='supergripen;579988]There are three ways of doing it..One is to just change to sports springs like Eibach Pro-Kit/Sportline or HRs.These will lower ur car' date='lower the CG hence giving u better handling,braking stance and in some cases better controlled ride.The spring rates are normally a smidge higher(stiffer) than stock.Its the cheapest way to improve ur car's looks and handling and it certainly works for road use.The second route is to get a suspension kit that combines sportier springs with matching dampers.I had these on my supercharged e60(Bilstein B12).They are fantastic.Again,better handling,ride control and overall stance.Only downside is that they are non-adjustable which is great if u don't want to trouble ur self with trying to find the perfect setting which can be very time consuming and fiddly.Not so great if u are the type that likes to fiddle.The B12 that I had was great on the road and also at the track.No trouble,just install and drive.The third is called the fully adjustable suspension kit,or some call it adjustable coilovers.Plenty of choices here..This is the most costly option but u get what u pay for.The ride height,damping etc are all adjustable,according to ur needs.From my experience,these are always normally stiffer than the two earlier options and are more fiddly,where u'd need countless visits to the shops to get the correct settings.Great if u want different settings for road use,track visits etc.The choice is urs..Add to all these the anti-roll bar,camber kits,castor kits,bushing upgrades etc..[/QUOTE']quote above courtesy of supergripen.. thank you for the insight..which brings me to my dilemma.. i enjoy the current stock ride height, which is a relief compared to my previous ride which is a nissan 350z, every now and then have to change the front bumper due to scratching at basements, speed humps etc.. but i do drive aggressively every now and then, and find the 335i a bit bouncy especially on uneven KL corners/roads.. i like supergripen's category above and feel i fall under the second category..that said, what are the available options and which one does the sifus here find to be the BEST VALUE SUSPENSION AND ANTI-ROLLBAR FOR MONEY?.. not necessarily the cheapest, definitely not the most expensive, but best value as you feel for whatsoever reason.. appreciate if you could indicate budget required as well.. thank you in advance :rock:

BMW Performance Suspension System. I heard from my last TT, if you drive down south, you can get it at about RM4,000.00.

For me, you will not go wrong with these babies.
:rock::rock::rock:

KW V3 Suspension .. u'll scratch your head trying to find your setting, hard, soft, rebound, high low .. :rock:

7K ++ - depending on where u buy it ..

Save your money, I've tried all sorts and wasted heaps...go Titan's for ride set up, adjust sampai puas. On ARB...go the H&R or RD route. My 2 kupangs

what's your feel on titan & whats the required budget?

seems many recommend the H&R.. whats RD?

noted that in bmw-sg, many went for the JIC Cross coilovers & strut bars.. any thoughts? couldnt find the coilovers anymore tho.. got a few used sets going for sale.. adviseable?

Local Ultraracing seems to offer ARB with PU bushings. Are they any good for 325 msport upgrade? or just for 320? Has anyone tried?

saprozeldo;582123 said:
what's your feel on titan & whats the required budget?

seems many recommend the H&R.. whats RD?

Titans around 3k depending on make and model, fully serviceable, which means lower CAPEX investment for the future. RD is Racing Dynamics

My advice is for u to try out all these setups on other people's cars.That way,u can get a first hand feel for various choices that u obviously have in mind.
I've yet to decide on my setup,but keep in mind that Malaysian roads are getting worse by the day..so choose wisely as these items are pretty costly and u don't want to get it wrong.

supergripen;583301 said:
My advice is for u to try out all these setups on other people's cars.That way,u can get a first hand feel for various choices that u obviously have in mind.
I've yet to decide on my setup,but keep in mind that Malaysian roads are getting worse by the day..so choose wisely as these items are pretty costly and u don't want to get it wrong.

spot on bro.. made a big mistake.. bought a used jic cross competition coilover from singapore.. too stiff even at the softest level.. not suitable for malaysia.. not to mention other issues i encountered.. but am back on oem suspension now.. just looking how to limit the rebound.. am happy with the ride height and the soft/hard feel but the rebound right now makes me feel like floating on certain corners..

You are most welcome to tryout my kw v2 with 19" wheels and lowered of course. You can also ask those who have sat in my ride before. I am still on my stock msport ARB and will be changing to H&R in my next ARB upgrade if necessary.

hi david, thanks for the offer.. wanna take you up on it.. lotsa heartache right now.. are you free today?

Thx bro david.. It was a humbling experience.. Simple yet effective.. Ur KW v2 is the way to go.. Surprising that it is that comfortable at the same time provide firm (not harsh) ride.. After I figure out what to do with my JIC Cross competition coilovers, that is certainly something to consider..

The other mod am impressed is the vishnu procede.. Didn't know of the buttons availability to make it so user friendly & "COOL".. Now I have to figure out what to with the JB3 I bought.. If can sell, definitely would consider d procede.. Anyone interested? Still new in box, uninstalled.. Wanna sell it with the BMS dual cone air intake, also new in a box..

Looking forward to the KW V2 and the Procede Autotune as well..

I'm running on 18" Forgestars with non-RFT tyres,so I'm hoping the ride will be even better with the KWs.. it already feels great on the standard Sport suspension,where previously it was just horrible with the 18" RFTs that initially came with the car.
And the Procede will be the icing on the twin turbo cake ;)

Top Bottom