BCM E9X Picture Thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BMrocket, you had your diffuser painted in gloss black too? the stock diffuser color is grayish.

how many KMs did you had for the OEM 17" tyre? mine still look new, lotsa thread remaining (not brand new).

Spaceman;232170 said:
BMrocket, you had your diffuser painted in gloss black too? the stock diffuser color is grayish.

how many KMs did you had for the OEM 17" tyre? mine still look new, lotsa thread remaining (not brand new).

Spaceman,
I didnt actually specify to have it painted..they didn't ask n i didn't tell them anything so they just did it!:106:
I think i would have prefered to have left it in the ori matt grey finish but wat to do!!!

My stock RFT Bridgestone's had abt 26k kms on them..rears still got thread but both the fronts were worn out on the outer..

hey bmrocket,
you probably want to change it like mine which is matt black... jus like the colour on your window frame... it look reasonably good to me.

beemers3;232288 said:
hey bmrocket,
you probably want to change it like mine which is matt black... jus like the colour on your window frame... it look reasonably good to me.

I know b3, i think i would prefer it like that to, at least give it some contrast but painted already how???

bmrocket;232350 said:
I know b3, i think i would prefer it like that to, at least give it some contrast but painted already how???

Maybe you ask them to respray to matt black with the new batch of uninstalled M kits. Doesnt cost the paint shop much more to spray your diffuser once the paint is all mixed and spraying another diffuser.

Unfortunately mine will be unsprayed.. Gotta check with Sebbie and GHS to see what they will want to do with theirs..

E46Fanatic;232358 said:
Maybe you ask them to respray to matt black with the new batch of uninstalled M kits. Doesnt cost the paint shop much more to spray your diffuser once the paint is all mixed and spraying another diffuser.

Unfortunately mine will be unsprayed.. Gotta check with Sebbie and GHS to see what they will want to do with theirs..

Oh well..thxs 4 the thots bro..
I'll just wait n see what happens..
If i need respraying for any other reason later i can get it done then :smile:

I juz gave a call to Ivan from Stuttgart. He advised to spray the diffuser as sometimes there might be some minor scratches on it; a 2-tone look will be best. I will have mine sprayed matte black. It should look exactly like beemers3's ride as mine is also SG.

Btw, Ivan says that the M-Tech kits might be coming in late July :)

GHS;232616 said:
I juz gave a call to Ivan from Stuttgart. He advised to spray the diffuser as sometimes there might be some minor scratches on it; a 2-tone look will be best. I will have mine sprayed matte black. It should look exactly like beemers3's ride as mine is also SG.

Btw, Ivan says that the M-Tech kits might be coming in late July :)

Dats gud new for u guys :rock:
Maybe i can try n piggyback whn u get your diffuser painted matt black GHS.
It would give me some contrast to the metallic black bumper dat i have now..

Yeah I think Ivan shud be ok with that.

BMRocket, how long did it take for Stuttgart to fix your M-Tech kit? I thought of dng it on one of the weekends but Ivan says he needs a full day to do it (they close at 3pm on Sat). So I most probably have to do it on the weekdays :(

I dropped off the car to him on a friday afternoon abt 3pm n could only pick it up on saturday b4 they closed so that sounds rite unfortunately..
Did he ask u to bring your car in b4 hand so they can do a color match to pre-paint the kit?

oic...

Nope but he did ask me to check under my bonnet for my colour code, as he previously encountered an issue with a wrong colour match. The code is "SG A22/7" for Sparkling Graphite, can anyone with a SG E90 confirm the code?

Btw, I might be in KL this weekend and will drop by Stuttgart to look-see :)

GHS, so you have your M-Kit fitted yet?

let me know their paint job if they are good. i saw some lousy paint job around the PDC holes and the tow hook cap area.

Hello Spaceman, still waiting for the stock to arrive. I juz called Ivan from Stuttgart yesterday and he says that it might take another week or two to arrive.

Sigh... the pain of waiting :(

Btw the lousy paint job that you mentioned, was it from Stuttgart as well?

Fyi I made a trip to Stuttgart 2 weekends ago and got to know the guy who Stuttgart "outsources" their painting works too - John.

John was very friendly and even spent nearly an hour showing me and my friend around his workshop as well as giving us a mini-lecture on the entire painting process :) He uses Glasurit for all his paint.

John seems like a guy who takes his work seriously and is real passionate about his job, I think the paint works should be good ;)

GHS, don't worry on the paint job quality as we have few who did it before and it looks great. Bmrocket have did it on his car (I mean the M-Tech bodykit) and the paint work is good. You may see from those pictures we have taken in our meet up the the other day :)

I can confirm that i was happy with the paint job done by stuttgart.
As mentioned b4 just clarify your choice of treatment on the diffuser..

GHS, please let me know when it arrives as i'm still thinking of changing my diffuser to the matt black finish.

Good to hear all the positive comments!

No probs bmrocket. Will let you know once Ivan calls me.

New pics to share...

I think Ralf is nearly done, pending the grilles and ACS lip. I'm very happy with him, this was the look I was going for - nice and clean. He's come a long way, the mods took time to come on, I'm just a baller on a budget :laugh: I do recommend you space out your mods, keeps that new car feeling :D Don't do everything one shot... All in all, I've spent close to $4k on him.

Happy day...delivery!! After 6 weeks of patiently waiting...

DSC00797.jpg
DSC00828.jpg

The way he was for a while...well he already has the blacklines, tints, roof spoiler, blacklines, spacers and other small mods here...

DSC_3870.jpg

Most recent pics...

DSC06369.jpg

DSC06261.jpg

DSC06289.jpg

DSC06366.jpg

DSC06314.jpg

Top Bottom