Battery drain very fast

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Gd morning Jarance,

Din 45 , Din 55. Din 66 & Din 100 is available.

Dear bmw7833,
No, i am not from Pitworks.

You guys can search some info or comment for this battery, is good to share with you all.

First 2 postings in here, want to sell batteries....

please introduce yourself in the newbies section, and if you are a salesman/lady, kindly contact the committee for sales in the forum...

but, if your sincerely want to assist, then please do so..:burnout:

regards..

jarance;520473 said:
This one also way off topic..

No. I dont think the difficulty in unlocking your door have anything to do with leakage or draining of the battery.
You have instead another problem with the GM5 module which control the central locking system.

However, the central locking system and alarm is always ON but the power consumption is relatively low when it on "standby mode"

i did went to Mspeed to ask, ah meng says it is possiable to have leakage on the central locking system. but he ask me to leave the car there for checking (he need 3 days). but i cant afford to leave my car to him coz i dont have extra car.

sewell;520876 said:
i did went to Mspeed to ask, ah meng says it is possiable to have leakage on the central locking system. but he ask me to leave the car there for checking (he need 3 days). but i cant afford to leave my car to him coz i dont have extra car.

sewell, if you really want to send to the shop for checking, better send it to auto electrician rather than mechanic since your problem is basically electrical.

No offense but all the locks and actuator for the central locking system are by default connected to ground. So I cant think of a possible leak there.

jarance;520980 said:
sewell, if you really want to send to the shop for checking, better send it to auto electrician rather than mechanic since your problem is basically electrical.

No offense but all the locks and actuator for the central locking system are by default connected to ground. So I cant think of a possible leak there.

thank jerrance for the advise, i think is batter for me to borrow the Ah meter from you to check by my self in the 1st place afther that only decide what to do next.

jarance;520980 said:

I read somewhere (when I also kena fast battery discharge in E60) there was also possible leakage in 'comfort access module'. For E60 it also includes central locking system. That guy solved the mysterious high battery discharge by replacing one of module in the door. But this is one of so many possibilities. I think that's why Ah Meng said something to do with central locking I guess. Jarance is right, send to eletrician better. Last time, when I sent the car to Ah Meng, he said battery not follow the spec. When I sent to eletrician, they found my gps tracker was faulty - and problem solved.

kazuya;521025 said:
I read somewhere (when I also kena fast battery discharge in E60) there was also possible leakage in 'comfort access module'. For E60 it also includes central locking system. That guy solved the mysterious high battery discharge by replacing one of module in the door. But this is one of so many possibilities. I think that's why Ah Meng said something to do with central locking I guess. Jarance is right, send to eletrician better. Last time, when I sent the car to Ah Meng, he said battery not follow the spec. When I sent to eletrician, they found my gps tracker was faulty - and problem solved.

For E60, the central locking is control by the CAR ACCESS MODULE (CAS). The CAS will in turn control individual module for the central locking. i.e. it will control 4 modules:-
1. Driver Locking
2. Passenger Locking
3. Tank Filler
4. Boot

For E46, the above function is done via the GM5 module.

Like I say, if you have toothache, you dont see the doctor but the dentist. :rock:

kazuya;521025 said:

hi kazuya, where is your eletrican ? maybe i can pay them a visit.

Hi, i Just come back from my vacation, has putting my car since last thursday till the next tuesday(5days)on sleeping mode. when i am back the car can start.

sewell;521354 said:
hi kazuya, where is your eletrican ? maybe i can pay them a visit.

They're opposite USJ 9 mosque - don't know how to explain. But I can take you there. My workplace is just nearby.

I think the alternator is not charging enough, when the battery is drained ... while driving, you can cos at high rpm .. low and the lights, the battery does not receive enough power to support the load.

I just solved my battery drain problem if not starting in 3 to 4 days. The culprit was the side mirror motor for auto folding was connected directly. So it would continuously consume battery power even with turning on the key:stupid:

if all fails, try this, after u switch the engine off, stay seated for say 10 mins. Does the aircond suddenly on by itself?

I'm having the same battery issue, this is second time. Could you recommend an auto-electrician around Damansara area?

mystery resolved few weeks back:-
1. car battery memang rosak, 10.7V after fully charged.
2. MID cooling fan never stopped running, can't recall what the electrician did that fixed this problem.

Top Bottom