Battery Died....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bishop

Club Guest
TO all the great Sifu's out there,My battery died yesterday. The mechanic changed my battery to a Bosch one.1. is there any difference which brand you use?2. The old one was an original BMW maintainence free one, but the new one is not. Which will last longer?3.The old one was a 12V 90Ah but the Bosch one is 12V 85Ah? Is there any difference? The mechanic said it was the same just the physical size was different.4. How much is an original BMW battery?5. Is there any indicator for Battery in my '99 E39 523? My battery died in a shopping mall parking at midnite on a Sunday night. Not a very good time to die.... Any way I can tell if it is running low??please tell me I didn't just get ripped off... :beaten: :beaten:

basically maintenance free battery will last you longer but due to E39 have so many electronic components... it can't assure...

85AH is just the capacity of the battery. Example,

-The higher Ampere hour you have, the battery will flatten slower by the consumer when your alternator NOT charging...

- The lower Ampere hour you have, the battery will flatten faster
by the consumers when your alternator NOT charging

To get a good battery you need to see the Cold Cranking Ampere. CCA is the maximum current flow which can produce by the battery during first cranking to start the engine from stationary..

usually OEM battery will have higher cold cranking ampere becoz it specially made for that model...

Top Bottom