Automatic Ventilation Usage?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

owen

Hey All,I'm surprised no one has discussed this feature. Malaysia's practically Summer season all year round, so this should be one of the best things the E60 has to offer.So what's the recommended settings to configure the auto ventilation? Assuming we're parking the car in an open parking lot, between 12-5pm. Automatic or manual timer?

owen;326396 said:
Hey All,

I'm surprised no one has discussed this feature. Malaysia's practically Summer season all year round, so this should be one of the best things the E60 has to offer.

So what's the recommended settings to configure the auto ventilation? Assuming we're parking the car in an open parking lot, between 12-5pm. Automatic or manual timer?

This function actually activates the blower only and not the air-cond...so, i don't think it's a super thingy on the car...the car will still be very hot if you leave the car from 9-5 open air under the sun, unless it rained heavily in the evening...

E32 and E34 have same function, indeed this not generate the cold air ( engine off) but still good feature ......... I will use automatic rather than manual

Bmw_wmn58: Do you use the feature at all? What kind of settings?
I reckon expelling hot air from the interior should preserve the internal a slight bit, especially a fully black apholstery.

Iqlima: I heard that using Automatic "might" be unsuitable for the battery. There's some kind of warning in BMW Manual about it too, but I don't really understand what exactly it's saying regarding this.

The only drawback can think of is, it consume battery if it keep continously active for very long period without recharge the battery. But for a day in hot parking , the computer should intelligent enough to allow the blower draw as little as possible current from battery.

One of our member, RachelToh brought this up in her 325i Sport in her blog. She didn't know what it was but she found her car is cooler compare to her old JDM.. maybe this feature is activated.. wah lio... battery should kong very fast.. :p

I would want to deactivate it.. :p

This option is usually offered to cars with "advanced air-conditioning"...it does no harm to the battery because even though you set this option to automatic and choose the time to activate it - say at 1.00pm(afternnoon) & 5.00pm(evening), it will only work for the particular day only...you have to reactivate this setting daily if you want it activated. it won't do the battery any harm since it only operates for 15 minutes (the blower on, but no air-cond)

i don't see any way it will cool the car (maybe a bit, but you won't really feel the difference if it is parked under the sun for more than 8 hours...), but it's a nice option that's offered...

Top Bottom