ASC Control Unit Repacement

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Ac Synitzer;706355 said:
How much to replace a new ASC Controller?
Is it Important to replace it Fault?
Pls advise?

i just replaced ASC control unit for my e39. If u dont think ABS is important then i think no need to replace. ASC is for ABS and traction control. Normally we didnt on the transaction control for daily driving.

I do... it saved me one day during a rainy day... my rear tire was slipping from sharp conering... ABS kicks in and it brakes the exact tire which is slipping... could be a serious accident otherwise...

When BMW design the car it has safety in mind for its heavy sedan... why ignore it...

Change it ASAP as it may save your life... money cant buy that

xcrave;706437 said:
I do... it saved me one day during a rainy day... my rear tire was slipping from sharp conering... ABS kicks in and it brakes the exact tire which is slipping... could be a serious accident otherwise...

When BMW design the car it has safety in mind for its heavy sedan... why ignore it...

Change it ASAP as it may save your life... money cant buy that

eehhh.............when slipping is not ABS kicks in bro. It transaction control does the job. ABS is apply when u apply brake. Traction control will kicks in even u dont apply the brake. If slipping that moment wait until ABS kicks in then u fly already bro....................hahhahahaahh

ASC controls it all :p

tweiboon u need to read more... its not a Jap car...

http://www.318ti.org/notebook/asc/index.html

This technology is already there starting the 90's thats why when ur ASC screwed ur car is nothing different than other cars with ABS...

Basically ABS is only part of ASC function cause u have the Break Servo... ask anyone here they should back me up on this...

Good luck on ur ACS-T --Less Car

Hi Bros,

This is exactly the thing I was thinking about. Can the brake servo do the braking for you or is it only capable to release your braking pressure.

I always thought that when slipping happens - wheel spin too fast, power will be cut off.

and when locking happens - implausible deceleration, brake pressure is released

And I agree both traction control, stability control and ABS are handled by the same control unit.

I remember reading the user manual saying that when cruise control is turned on, the car speed may exceed the set limit if engine braking is not enough to slow the car down. Sounds like the car can't apply the brake on its own.

The link provided by xcrave did mention that ASC would apply brake the a wheel that's about to spin...
I think I've experienced that feeling once...
Taking a corner fast and felt 2 rapid braking sensation while I just pressed on the gas pedal...

Slips;706613 said:
The link provided by xcrave did mention that ASC would apply brake the a wheel that's about to spin...
I think I've experienced that feeling once...
Taking a corner fast and felt 2 rapid braking sensation while I just pressed on the gas pedal...

LOL thats "Nanny Mode = ON" the aunty in the car just saying "Ah Boy dont drive so fast la hor..."

Hi Bros,

This is exactly the thing I was thinking about. Can the brake servo do the braking for you or is it only capable to release your braking pressure.

I always thought that when slipping happens - wheel spin too fast, power will be cut off.

and when locking happens - implausible deceleration, brake pressure is released

And I agree both traction control, stability control and ABS are handled by the same control unit.

I remember reading the user manual saying that when cruise control is turned on, the car speed may exceed the set limit if engine braking is not enough to slow the car down. Sounds like the car can't apply the brake on its own.

Yup thats exactly what ASC do... Controls all those Traction, Stability & ABS (Brake Servo)

BTW if you really want to feel the Beast unleashed... Press the ASC for 3 Sec and Let go... thats = ASC 100% OFF... now you can drive without stability, T-Control and Servo will OFF... then can do all those kueh-muih, donut, goreng pisang shape and such

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN LIFE INSURANCE... I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS KIND OF DRIVING WHATSOEVER... :p

xcrave;706557 said:
ASC controls it all :p

tweiboon u need to read more... its not a Jap car...

http://www.318ti.org/notebook/asc/index.html

This technology is already there starting the 90's thats why when ur ASC screwed ur car is nothing different than other cars with ABS...

Basically ABS is only part of ASC function cause u have the Break Servo... ask anyone here they should back me up on this...

Good luck on ur ACS-T --Less Car

What i am try to say is like the article that u post bro.
When ever u apply the brake which already has the ABS, it will apply the ABS all the time. When the car is slipping, if u car at the moment dont have Traction control but just only has the ABS and u will keep on slipping away if u dont have enough drifting skill.

Whenever the ASC send signal to ABS to release pressure to avoid slipping that is call traction control. ABS itself will keep on clipping on and off parallelly for other wheels as well. So at this moment Traction Control takes place or kicks in or activates to control the ABS for releasing the pressure. So ABS already does the job when u apply the brake but it still slipping. Until the ASC send signal to ABS (Traction control activated) then only will reduce slipping.

Or another way, even u dont apply the brake traction control will activates as well. Due to the car has wheel speed sensor, it detects one or more driven wheels spinning significantly faster than another then it will activates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traction_control_system

So means do we need to on the asc all the time?or during raining day?i sometimes try to on asc.felt abit different when driving.

waichon;713871 said:
So means do we need to on the asc all the time?or during raining day?i sometimes try to on asc.felt abit different when driving.

Bro you dont need to turn it on, its default ON all the time. When you press the ASC button and theres light on your dashboard, the ASC is OFF!

haywire;713873 said:
Bro you dont need to turn it on, its default ON all the time. When you press the ASC button and theres light on your dashboard, the ASC is OFF!

Correct............if ur ABS is out then that light will on it too. Meaning if ABS is out then u dont have traction control anymore.

waichon;713871 said:

If a normal driver which dont know how to handle drifting then is good for u to let it on rather that off it. But if a very skillful driver then for sure will of it.
Pls remember 1 thing, alot of ppl will think that learned drifting will not help u in daily driving. They thought that skill only for racing or doing the stunt. But in fact this skill really can save ur life due to traction control only help a little and is it not fully control ur car.
So stay safe, drive safe and always remember driving BMW car for comfortable feel not because of speed feel due to speed can done by alot of car but comfortable u only can have it for from that car......................

waichon;713871 said:

Better drive with ASC on la bro...unless u want to go drifting.....

Oh.i tot is turn on when press it..really noob la..haha.so if drifting then don't need to turn on the asc?where to learn drifting?my fren saw me bought BMW then keep telling me that can drift the car coz is rear wheel drive.so I wondering how to drift?wherento learnt it,scared the car terbalik..

waichon;714466 said:
Oh.i tot is turn on when press it..really noob la..haha.so if drifting then don't need to turn on the asc?where to learn drifting?my fren saw me bought BMW then keep telling me that can drift the car coz is rear wheel drive.so I wondering how to drift?wherento learnt it,scared the car terbalik..

Waichon, u should participate in BMW driver training as u will witness the true capabilities of UDM..power sliding will be demonstrated with u inside the car but i'm not sure about drifting..check out the thread on BMW drivers training...

Thanks bro for your info.will join the training to maximize the usage of my car.i think learn more skill is good when emergency.

Top Bottom