Anyone up for breakfast run to Kluang RailCoffee? [27-02-10]

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
rahizwan;493609 said:
KL - Kluang Railway Station , Platform 2.
Leave Dengkil R&R at 6AM, pick up others at S'ban R&R at 6:30AM. Continue run to Kluang. Maybe pick up the M'ccan along the way... Reach Kluang exit before 8AM...

Convoy to the ORIGINAL Kluang Railway station canteen. have breakfast.

Activities after breakfast, is open to ideas. but the aim is to be back by 12 noon.. We can explore the trunk roads from Kluang back to KL.

Those keen, please list your names. Date will be announced later.

1) Don Franco
2) ramsing
3) ICEMAN 13
4) tumpang ramsing hehe
5) haKKaMeE
6) Traveler - tortoise here... will leave earlier and meet up at Kluang exit
7) Silver
8) Rahizwan
9) John.J
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) Mizhan

16) deep3102

Leave Dengkil R&R at 6AM, pick up others at S'ban R&R at 6:30AM. Continue run to Kluang. Maybe pick up the M'ccan along the way... Reach Kluang exit before 8AM...

Activities after breakfast, is open to ideas. but the aim is to be back by 12 noon.. We can explore the trunk roads from Kluang back to KL.

1) Don Franco
2) ramsing
3) ICEMAN 13
4) tumpang ramsing hehe
5) haKKaMeE
7) Silver
8) Rahizwan
9) John.J
10) deep3102
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) Mizhan

mizhan;493736 said:

1) Don Franco
2) ramsing
3) ICEMAN 13
4) tumpang ramsing hehe
5) haKKaMeE
7) Silver
8) Rahizwan
9) John.J
10) deep3102
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) Mizhan

I've got a date in mind aledi.... Will PM those on this list later... See who can or can not make it....

fabianyee;494251 said:
I've got a date in mind aledi.... Will PM those on this list later... See who can or can not make it....

keen to join.......with the tortoise grup.........subject to the date.

16. AAM

thanks.

Since Fri is public holiday, why dun come earlier & overnite in kluang. Since you come long distance from KL spending petrol & toll. Can go for recreational activities in Gunung Lambak or Gunung Berlumut. We can do barbeque on Fri nite & Sat morning breakfast at railway station. Planning to bring family for outing.

http://www.gununglambakecoresort.4t.com/photo.html

initialM;494442 said:
Since Fri is public holiday, why dun come earlier & overnite in kluang. Since you come long distance from KL spending petrol & toll. Can go for recreational activities in Gunung Lambak or Gunung Berlumut. We can do barbeque on Fri nite & Sat morning breakfast at railway station. Planning to bring family for outing.

http://www.gununglambakecoresort.4t.com/photo.html

nice plan but overnight I'm out. my passport only valid for day trip one. :D

Ramsing only restricted passport. Home Minister and Junior Home Minister do not approve International Passport:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Fab....is the date out of Ops Sikap already arr? takut nanti jadi macam Kulim drive...hihihi..
btw..mech says that my car will be ready by then...so I'm in..
Why choose R&R Dengkil, not Sg. Besi as usual..?

ramsing;494449 said:
nice plan but overnight I'm out. my passport only valid for day trip one. :D

Its not good to have spirited drive without a rest. Bring along the ministers so VISA can easily approve.

anakin;494562 said:
Fab....is the date out of Ops Sikap already arr? takut nanti jadi macam Kulim drive...hihihi..
btw..mech says that my car will be ready by then...so I'm in..
Why choose R&R Dengkil, not Sg. Besi as usual..?

FYI, ops Sikap ends today (21 Feb)

As for why Dengkil instead of Sg Besi, cos for those staying in PJ, Dengkil is a more convenient stop. And better food and drink... ;) and it's only 15 mins sprint from where I stay..hahha..
And for those coming from KL, can congregate at S'ban R&R, and group from Dengkil will meet up there...

FYI, I have gotten blessings to make this the official monthly drive from the committee.. The committee are currently up to their eyes preparing for the AGM on the following week (6 March), so I'll be taking the torch for this drive.
I initially scheduled it this Sat (27 Feb) and PMed those in the list.. However, only 5 persons confirmed can go for the drive as the rest have prior arrangements on Sat.

Those confirmed can go on 27th:
1. Don Franco
2. Ramsing
3. Anakin
4. hakkamee
5. initialM

Since 26th is a public holiday, If I were to change the date to Friday (26th Feb), we might have a few more cars coming along..

Starting a new list here for 26th Feb.

PS: I know the station cafe is open on Sat morning, not too sure on Friday morning. I'm trying to find that out.. if anyone can confirm that they are open on Friday, do let us know.

The cafe is called Kluang RailCoffee.. Not directly related to the franchised cafe outlets.
kluangstation_shop.jpg

Operating hours: 6.30am-12.30pm, and 2.30pm-6.30pm daily except Tuesdays.

More info here: http://www.onestopmalaysia.com/food-reviews/johor/kluang-station-coffee.html

The famous toast.
kluangstation_butterkaya.jpg

Charcoal grill
kluangstation_charcoaltoast.jpg

If its a day drive better come on Sat. I think it close on P/holiday.
Wei where r the rest? Scared arr?

lamoo;494554 said:
Ramsing only restricted passport. Home Minister and Junior Home Minister do not approve International Passport:rock::rock::rock::rock:

yala, now passport is restricted. want to bribe also cannot :D :D

initialM;494582 said:
Its not good to have spirited drive without a rest. Bring along the ministers so VISA can easily approve.

hahahah..bring along minister then have to stick to speed limit. will be the sweeper of the sweeper...:(

but friday still got train service...so the cafe should be open? no one go the cafe number to call n check??

friday morning i'm also cool.

As I PM'ed Fabian earlier, I won't be able to make it this weekend, as I will be doing a recce drive for a future club monthly drive (possibly the March drive). You guys have fun!

I'm on..just came back from indo today hence the late reply..pls confirm whether its fri or sat!

Let's do it o Saturday (27 Feb 2010)...

Meet at S'ban R&R at 6AM, leave by 6:30AM...
If you have walkies, pls bring along. I have Motorola Talkabout (unfortunately don't have the longer range Kenwood walkies)

Will decide on the stopovers if we have to 'pick up' some members along the route..

1. Fabian (with Moto Talkabout)

Actually no need to drive super fast if we don't make many stops. If we cruise at 140-160, we can cover between 250-300km in 2 hours....

Top Bottom