Anybody know about Subaru Impreza

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yoke

Club Guest
Anybody here has some experience regarding this turbo model, what's the difference between:1. Subaru Impreza Spec-C RAR and S2032. Which one is more powerful3. What's the indicative price Really appreciate if there some feedback from forummers Thks

yoke;332008 said:
Anybody here has some experience regarding this turbo model, what's the difference between:
1. Subaru Impreza Spec-C RAR and S203
2. Which one is more powerful
3. What's the indicative price

Really appreciate if there some feedback from forummers
Thks

just sharing what i researched, hope i dun get shoot down by other BMWClub forummers:wink:

1. fuel tank, 6-pot brakes, Enkei wheels which are lighter

I think the RAR is lighter by around 40kg and also uses rolls joint instead of rubber/PU bushings.

The RAR uses lighter material and no noise damping material, so very noisy car. I think gear box also different.. of course the scoop on the roof.. :stupid:

the RA-R is a very focused car with full attack driving as it's main motivation..nothing else matters.

the S204/203 will be a more rounded car with a good balance between fast driving,everyday useability and even reasonable comfort.blessed with STi's best components,it'll be the car i'd go for..

for less money,a run-of-the-mill STi would also do the job quite as well as both the cars mentioned above.a few well considered mods will bring the car up to par with both.word of caution tho..make sure u don't go overboard on the engine mods,u don't want to overdo it and lose the car's terrific driveability.

for suspension..stick to STi's setup.the best would be STi's pink springs and pink inverted shocks found on the S203/204 and even the Spec-C.stay away from those superstiff Jap branded coilovers/adjustables..they work fine on smopth jap roads but will torture u to submission on our 'very nice' roads.

been there,done that:wink:

alkt;345992 said:
somehow supergripen reminds me of someone in SCM:rolleyes:

nyahaha... like i said,been there done that.

fantastic cars..those Subarus.in fact,when i decided to sell my Impreza STi last year,my first choice for it's replacement was the Subaru Legacy GT Spec B.it was only my wife's 'veto' that prevented that from happening.

i sold the STi cuz it was becoming a little too harsh and brutal for my wife to take..at one stage she just flatly refused to get on the car anymore.it was partly my mistake also la..i modded the car a bit too much and got carried away i guess.hence why i can give such advices in my erlier post.

the Legacy GT was a much more mature car and a little bigger as well..a more comfy and refined Impreza so to speak but still fast enough to keep young 'dads' happy..but it wasn't to be in my case.

tested an s204 about 3 months ago until now i cannot forget the sound, power & superb handling performance...honestly the feeling was much greater than driving an e46 M3. in case i strike a lottery, i will definately go and buy myself an s204

ess530i;346027 said:
tested an s204 about 3 months ago until now i cannot forget the sound, power & superb handling performance...honestly the feeling was much greater than driving an e46 M3. in case i strike a lottery, i will definately go and buy myself an s204

till now i still regret selling my STi.. if only i could afford both e60 and the STi:20:

i still plan to 're-own' a Subaru one of these days..had a look at a ver4 STi the other day,rm60k+..would be fantastic if i could own one now.very rare nowadays..alas,money still a hindrance.

supergripen;346037 said:
till now i still regret selling my STi.. if only i could afford both e60 and the STi:20:

i'm still plan to 're-own' a Subaru one of these days..had a look at a ver4 STi the other day,rm60k+..would be fantastic if i could own one now.very rare nowadays..alas,money still a hindrance.

same here...in fact i was very close to owning an s204 as 2nd car to my e60 but decided not to and big part of it owe a big thank you to the big oil companies sucking our $$$ away. nevertheless i SC'd my car and so far very happy with it after all the fine tuning but just cant forget the s204......well at least i can trash my bmw when i think of her. btw its time for u too!?

ess530i;346061 said:
same here...in fact i was very close to owning an s204 as 2nd car to my e60 but decided not to and big part of it owe a big thank you to the big oil companies sucking our $$$ away. nevertheless i SC'd my car and so far very happy with it after all the fine tuning but just cant forget the s204......well at least i can trash my bmw when i think of her. btw its time for u too!?

it is isn't it???? damn..i'm dying here man.525i with 192bhp..arghhh!!! to think that i had almost 400bhp in the STi:20:

so how is ur gearbox holding up?? i'll let u know when i'm ready..right now is a bad time cuz my house's reno work is still on going with the contractor,the wireman,the alarm system installer and what not constantly asking for decisions on a multitude of things.

how i long for those supercharged horses..:105:

supergripen;346084 said:
it is isn't it???? damn..i'm dying here man.525i with 192bhp..arghhh!!! to think that i had almost 400bhp in the STi:20:

so how is ur gearbox holding up?? i'll let u know when i'm ready..right now is a bad time cuz my house's reno work is still on going with the contractor,the wireman,the alarm system installer and what not constantly asking for decisions on a multitude of things.

no prob at all with my gearbox now...it could be the proper gear oil change at bm world (to compensate the poor job done at my old mechanic) or removal of center resonator (which corrected my rich AFR) that solved the problem. fuel economy has also improved...i'm getting 9km/l+ mixed drivin now.

either sc ur car or get a v4 as 2nd car...similar dilemma i dealt with b4 :) if u do get the v4 i'd be glad to exchange it w my 530sc once in a while for fun (obviously there's more fun in a souped up v4)

supergripen;346084 said:

no prob at all with my gearbox now...it could be the proper gear oil change at bm world (to compensate the poor job done at my old mechanic) or removal of center resonator (which corrected my rich AFR) that solved the problem. fuel economy has also improved...i'm getting 9km/l+ mixed drivin now.

either sc ur car or get a v4 as 2nd car...similar dilemma i dealt with b4 :) if u do get the v4 i'd be glad to exchange it w my 530sc once in a while for fun (obviously there's more fun in a souped up v4)

Yup Subaru is definitely a fast ride...
Value for money and big bang for bucks,

Was smoke by 1 sti on NSHW, it pull away from my 645:eek:, Damn....

i wud think its ori la..didn't really check cuz i wasn't really serious.given a choice,i'd love to have it but i don't really need 3 cars right now plus i don't have space in my porch anymore what with the 2 cars i hv now taking up available space.the right thing to do now wwud be to SC my e60 la,all things considered.

car belonged to Ivan Khong i was told by my source at SubaruClubMalaysia.looked decent with clean and resonable mods done,nothing ott.just nice.. its in Sunway,opposite JFA

keN330;346547 said:
Yup Subaru is definitely a fast ride...
Value for money and big bang for bucks,

Was smoke by 1 sti on NSHW, it pull away from my 645:eek:, Damn....

yup,very fast cars these Subarus..

but top speed is not a strong point og these cars..it'll do 255kph tops due to gearing,so when u get to about 230,u'll probably start to gain on 'em..just remember tho,from 0-240,u'll have no chance.

Top Bottom