Any question for E46 pixel prob cd player

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gerald 5

Club Guest
as suggested by the title, the CD player display have some missing pixel, not very bad but just tak boleh tahan.Should have taken a photo when it is still in the car...taken it out due to mis-communication to the "repiarer", he say CD display pixel prob- can do..when he was referring to the MID in e39.Anyone have any clue on this pixel repair? I attached a photo where the player has already taken out from the car.
11102010285.jpg

I had the same problem and got it fixed by Ah Heng (016) 440-2112. Just give him a call and he will come to your house/office to collect your player. Price about RM450.00

I use his service before for my 39, called him this afternoon and he said he have not done CD player before

Gerald,
I don't see how the CD player that different from the cassete, since we are not looking to fix the disc/cassette mechanism just the LCD panel.

Almost like e39 MID, this could also be caused by the connector from the board to the LCD panel having less than perfect connection. You can try disassembling the unit and get to the front panel to service the connector. I've disassembled the radio before but have to use a special screw driver as the radio use torx8 (T8) all over.

IMG_0864.jpg

:eek:Hi hi, I should think that it is doable, it is just that I am no good in all these things, prefer to put it to the hand of an expert

In fact, have tried DIY many time and end out paying more to the expert, and somtime have to buy new

If Ah Heng can repair the MID, i think he also able to do the CD player, u may become the 1st customer.

Try to DIY myself, broke some screws, open it up. Can't do anything cause do not know how to gain access to the front part of the player. So put the player back together, put back to car.. more missing pixel.....haha, as expected. Now, have to try calling the whole world to see if anyone can help

Morning Gerald, were you up all night trying to fix the radio? It's always best to work you are at prime state not when tired, just like when driving, you will do it better.

How can you break the screws? To gain access to the front panel you'll need to first remove the disc mechanism, then remove all screws that binds the front panel to the radio's body. The whole front assembly - with the metal part as well, not just the black plastic - will come out which will require you to disconnect a ribbon cable. Then remove more screws to detach the black plastic from its assembly.

Sorry for not posting this earlier assuming that you will figure things out, the steps above are for a cassette deck but should be similar to a CD player. Try this only if you have time, patience,the right tools and did something similar before (true for all DIY work). And be gentle, you are not digging drains here, you are dealing with electronics.

Gerald 5;572311 said:
Try to DIY myself, broke some screws, open it up. Can't do anything cause do not know how to gain access to the front part of the player. So put the player back together, put back to car.. more missing pixel.....haha, as expected. Now, have to try calling the whole world to see if anyone can help

Senang saja bro u just drive up to Penang and buy a teh tarik to aidilj then do your DIY beside with him and kawtim.

the board should have a like button instead of a thanks button, more useful. :top:

aidilj;572324 said:
Morning Gerald, were you up all night trying to fix the radio? It's always best to work you are at prime state not when tired, just like when driving, you will do it better.

How can you break the screws? To gain access to the front panel you'll need to first remove the disc mechanism, then remove all screws that binds the front panel to the radio's body. The whole front assembly - with the metal part as well, not just the black plastic - will come out which will require you to disconnect a ribbon cable. Then remove more screws to detach the black plastic from its assembly.

Sorry for not posting this earlier assuming that you will figure things out, the steps above are for a cassette deck but should be similar to a CD player. Try this only if you have time, patience,the right tools and did something similar before (true for all DIY work). And be gentle, you are not digging drains here, you are dealing with electronics.

There were actually 3 screws attach the front black portion, As I say I am an alien in DIY, I missed out 1 screws and you should know the result when you miss a screew right, anyway, there are clips all over, therefore, when it is put back, it hold pretty well.
I failed to have access into the ribbon area simply because it is block by the "green board" with those "melting screw".

did anybody know..that bimmer radio from japan spec can change the frequency to malaysia frequency..w/o change the radio to local..any idea

Top Bottom