annonying brake stopping sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chookleng

Club Guest
ALL SIFUi have a major problem with my E60 (Japan spec) brakes. just change the brakes pad 3weeks ago (front or rear). before changing, when pressing the brakes the brakes make some Squelching sound. but after changing the pads, the sound is gone. then other problem come. when the car is fully STOPped there is a loud hard annonying sound. the sound as if a iron hitting again iron sound. don no how to related here. but any idea how to fix this sound? the sound only come when the car is FULLY stop. any idea??

check ur brake pads again. sometimes the mech forgot to remove the thin piece of protective iron plate which comes wt some model(i think Jurid) new pads. took me while to find this out sometime ago... as your pads wear, the gap becomes bigger hence the sound gets louder...

cheers...

ur one also make loud sound upon completely STOP? or while on the move, u press brake and it too, make sound without your car completely stop? mine is completely stop then only got that loud sound.

correct when stop its very loud, doesnt matter stop or move..if jam the brakes u can hear it even when stop..while driving quite hard to hear... could be something else, this is just my experience..whenstop you keep on pumping the brakes and the sound is very obvious. at first i tot it was my spring coil did not fit properly, quite tricky..

good luck..

also same for my car even with the factory fitted pads...i just ignore it coz when u compain to AB they say its common and like that one...hahaha BMW SC like Proton SC...'its like that one'

now on second pads and dics also same...so just live with it lo...unless you guys got any good remedy for this issue...

go to my mechanic...he change the new brake pads for me(since its under warantee) yet the sound still come back. then i go back within 3days and he told me NOTHING CAN DO. im pretty fxxked up coz my gf viva doing better then me as her one no sound at all whether braking while driving or fully stopped. her viva already 1 year but brake sound system much more better then me. i really hate the annonying sound. its just sux. bmw not suppose to have tis shit brake stopping sound men. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom