Alpina E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skar19

Retired
can someone tell how did they managed to get 170 bhp from the C1 2.3 and 190 bhp from the C2 2.5? btw this for E30.

C1 2.3 has a higher compression ratio, different ECU and possibly a different cam too. Also the head was reworked by Alpina. Not sure if a tubular header was there but the exhaust system is different.

C2 2.7 is similar but has a Motoronic ECU, tubular headers, even higher compression ratio, 268 degree cam, reworked head with larger inlet valve, exhaust system. Uses a diesel crank and also has a lower factory restricted redline...

Not much known about the rarer C2 2.5 but expect the same with the C1 except basis of engine was a Motronic 2.5.

U wanna build one ah?

no la i kinda know how the C2 2.7 was built....but not sure how they did the 2.3 and 2.5. I also managed to find the part no. of all the E30 Alpina but its all in German and some of thier part numbers dont check out on the Online ETK.....this is maybe because they are Alpina parts (different part number from standard BMW no.)?

definately cant build one now....maybe a few years from now heehehehe

you give you email address and i ll send you the parts list

thanks and btw, there's a C1 2.5 also.......

I dun expect them to follow the ETK numbering....

Originally posted by skar19@Oct 11 2005, 09:07 AM
can someone tell how did they managed to get 170 bhp from the C1 2.3 and 190 bhp from the C2 2.5?

btw this for E30.
They did it very carefully and with lots of TLC :D , as has been posted by Jules, it was a combination of cams, engine management, gas flowed cyclinder heads and headers.

Originally posted by Jules@Oct 12 2005, 10:00 AM
thanks and btw, there's a C1 2.5 also.......

I dun expect them to follow the ETK numbering....
thats the thing....how to know exactly what part they use

a brand new C1 2.3 cost RM180,000 in 1984......so the owner told me.

plenty of moolah in 1984? I think "plenty" is not appropriate here!

Originally posted by Jules@Oct 14 2005, 11:24 AM
a brand new C1 2.3 cost RM180,000 in 1984......so the owner told me.

plenty of moolah in 1984? I think "plenty" is not appropriate here!
RM180K back in 1984 is a lot...

who has the ETK on the CD? i remember once at TT someone had it? the online one is a bit slow.

Originally posted by skar19@Oct 14 2005, 08:45 PM
who has the ETK on the CD? i remember once at TT someone had it? the online one is a bit slow.
go get it from Teejay....cipek..!! :p It's mine...which I borrowed from Magicfox.... :)

How about this combo.....how would the engine behave? what would be the estimated horsepower and torque output? what would be the complications?

1. b23 head on b25 block*?

2. b20 head on b25 block*?

*crank,pistons, and rods are B25

skar19,

i've testing on my car athe moment b23 onb25 block..rod piston and crank on b25..the power improve, but howmuch hp increase dunno have to find out...

hmmm do let me know

Disclamer
This is all just for knowledge sake, i am not planning on any conversion

then wouldnt there be a problem with the combustion? in terms of inproper combustion or turbulence?

Top Bottom