all E34 model is computerized or not?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maxion89

Club Guest
Hi guys, I still less knowing about computerized car or not especially our E34. Someone tell me that if the car computerized it must be careful to fix the car and even by unplug the battery can make the car to be reset back. So what is this computerized car anyway, how we identify this car. Just need to add my knowledge about car.

Yes all E34's are computerized. But you do not need to worry if the battery is plug out. No trouble to the computer parts. But you need to go to a BMW mechanic to reset if you do oil change. Other than that no worries bro. :cheers:

smike;767034 said:
Yes all E34's are computerized. But you do not need to worry if the battery is plug out. No trouble to the computer parts. But you need to go to a BMW mechanic to reset if you do oil change. Other than that no worries bro. :cheers:

icic thanks bro. But what about do top overhaul? is it needed? how to know if the car need to be reset or not?

maxion89;767660 said:
icic thanks bro. But what about do top overhaul? is it needed? how to know if the car need to be reset or not?

Well bro top overhaul is required, only if you find oil leaks from the top gasket. once you have made oil change and replace oil filter, you should reset it again. This enable the car to start from the top again in terms of when is the servicing due. You will noticed when you start the car, there are 4 or 5 green blue lights on your dashboard, which light up and goes off. As you drive from on from weeks to weeks these light will reduce one at a time. Means from 5 to only 4 lighting up now. Now once you reach to bal 2, means times up for oil change. OK :cheers:

1989 E34 525i ...I don't trust those indications anymore; some messages are completely out of whack, like washer level low (it's full); brake pads (recently changed); dip low beam (when low beams turned on). . . :smokin:

GlueBall;769200 said:
1989 E34 525i ...I don't trust those indications anymore; some messages are completely out of whack, like washer level low (it's full); brake pads (recently changed); dip low beam (when low beams turned on). . . :smokin:

lol lol lol... mine also! hahaha... old car lah... but can change sensor loh...

GlueBall;769200 said:

lol lol lol... mine also! hahaha... old car lah... but can change sensor loh...

Top Bottom