Alfa Vs BMW

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Zul_84

Club Guest
now the thread is open!, :) found a few comment in forum: some say Alfa more reliable then UDM and some say contrast then that, which one is true so hope can share a bit experience with ex-Alfa owner and anyone who have experience with both cars. :) 1) between Alfa & BMW(E36) which is 'good'.

Alfa vs BMW!!!

Both makes are equally GOOD. Owned a 1996'CBU Alfa 146ti 2.0 twin spark, for about 4years[2000-2004] 1owner. I would say it is also an experience! I have spent tons of $$ on maintenance of this machine for the first 2years, this was simply bcoz previous owner did not really know his machine. All major wear n tear fell on my head. Other than expensive repairs and maintenance its excellent in performance and handling, loved it in corners!!
Reliability: Huh,huh,huh...there are countless times when this machine let me down on highways and city roads in my early days mainly due to overheating, but with TLC and some minor modifications to its cooling systems this machine is as good as our UDM's...
I got my E36 1997 328i in 2004' 1owner. UDM as we call it, totally agree as so far this machine has never let me down even once while i was driving. I must also say that my previous owner had maintained her machine very well. Btw, both my cars were company owned previously. I have spent very little compared to a lot of our forummers here. Mostly only on wear n tear and parts are not so costly as the Italians!!Ex- the spark plugs[8pcs] for this Twin Spark 4 potter cost bout RM800...lets not get into details...huh!
So based on my ownership experience of these 2 beautifully engineered cars, it all comes down to how well they have been maintained since they left their respective showrooms!! I would also say it depends on how far our pockets can go!! If my pockets allow now, I wouldnt mind an Alfa again afterall... I get a "kick" out of its engine ROAR..compared to our smooth UDM roars..

Cheers,

Hahaha...Alfa vs BMW thread. What next! :D

I was pure Alfa man from the start of driving career until my recent switch to E46 UDM. I would say the following.

Character: They are different. Alfa = raw adrenaline, BMW = refined adrenalin.

Reliability: They are the same. Buy a new Alfa or BMW and look after it, both can be very reliable. Buy a used Alfa or BMW, you can end up problem free or with a massive headache.

Both can makes your blood boil in a nice or rotten way :D

meetoo;223230 said:
Character: They are different. Alfa = raw adrenaline, BMW = refined adrenalin.

:D

very much agreed with this statement ....... I don't think there is other other word for it.

Drivers:
most Alfa driver can drive, I mean they know how to fully used his car to the limit. I personnally don't dare to 'cucuk' an Alfa driver doesn't matter thay are a man, lady, makcik, uncle or even grandfather, unless I know that I can makan the car.

A lot of BMW driver, drive BMW to show-off only and 'perasan' I drive the best car in the world.

Yazid

Good point Yazid. As driver of both, I find that in a BMW I can also have the feeling to just cruise slowly if not in the mood to run. But when i sit in an Alfa, I cannot drive slow :) Alfa feeling is built like that...raw sporty. BMW can make you feel both way, depend on your mood.

From my personal experience, both are great cars. Nothing beats the Alfa's exhaust note when you throttle off! Cost of parts and maintenance (Alfa 155) are relatively higher vs BMW's. In the end of the day, like Yazid mentioned above, it's the BRAND that rules the day!

JYazid;223264 said:
A lot of BMW driver, drive BMW to show-off only and 'perasan' I drive the best car in the world.

Yazid

I oso agree on the part of" perasan driver".

The alfa is like begging you to hump her when she's hot. The harder the better.:D
I drove OSflanker Alfa Sud....whoa.!!! thats what I call screaming engine.

Zoggee;223298 said:
The alfa is like begging you to hump her when she's hot. The harder the better.:D

Hahaha! So accurate your analogy! Exactly the feeling the Italians meant to give you with an Alfa lah! WILD! BMW, like efficient and correct German... :D

Of all the Alfa's I had, the tiny 1.3 Sud was the most fun and lovable! I rode her hard and now I miss her! :p

how can one even start to compare an Alfa and a BMW. they are 2 very different cars. and 2 great cars in it's own way and in totally different classes, and in different market target. An Alfa is a totally Driver Car, you must love your car and understand your car. BMW, is both a Driver Car as well as a Marque of Prestige. You are not expected to be comfortable in an Alfa, your car is expected to breakdown, and you'll still love it. BMW's are supposed to be reliable, and comfortable, but with neglect any car will breakdown.

However both cars have one thing in common, TLC but an Alfa demands it. and with TLC, the car will love you back. It's like riding an Harley, they're the most uncomfortable bikes around but ....

Alfa is for the passionate, the lover, and for the guy who is in touch with himself.

BMW is for the Man who knows what he wants, it is the mark of achievement a statement of success

I drive both, but I'm no where sucessful or passionate, just a dream.

Well my 2 cents anyway

rubes72;223633 said:
and for the guy who is in touch with himself.

I misread that as.. the guy who touches himself. LoL.

I dare not cucuk any an Alfa.. I 1.8 oni..

how can one even start to compare an Alfa and a BMW

rubes72;223633 said:
how can one even start to compare an Alfa and a BMW. they are 2 very different cars. and 2 great cars in it's own way and in totally different classes, and in different market target. An Alfa is a totally Driver Car, you must love your car and understand your car. BMW, is both a Driver Car as well as a Marque of Prestige. You are not expected to be comfortable in an Alfa, your car is expected to breakdown, and you'll still love it. BMW's are supposed to be reliable, and comfortable, but with neglect any car will breakdown.

However both cars have one thing in common, TLC but an Alfa demands it. and with TLC, the car will love you back. It's like riding an Harley, they're the most uncomfortable bikes around but ....

Alfa is for the passionate, the lover, and for the guy who is in touch with himself.

BMW is for the Man who knows what he wants, it is the mark of achievement a statement of success

I drive both, but I'm no where sucessful or passionate, just a dream.

Well my 2 cents anyway

Oooooo.......

(how can one even start to compare an Alfa and a BMW)
I dont know what... :D
Thats why start this thread maah.... :p

I see, Alfa same like a mini Ferrari now.

'Alfa is for the passionate, the lover, and for the guy who is in touch with himself'
'BMW is for the Man who knows what he wants, it is the mark of achievement a statement of success'

but for me BMW is a Art of Men.
Alfa..... no comment (never drive it yet)/ dont shoot me :p

Thanks for brilliant information guys,

Kind Regards
Zul

Yes Zul, Alfas are very exciting. When you sit in one, it feels very macho. Open up the throttle, you get a mini-Ferrari scream. You cannot drive slow in an Alfa because it won't let you. :) Base on your previous comments and wants, you should try Alfa too before settling down for a E36 328. ;)

you should try Alfa too before settling down for a E36 328

meetoo;224285 said:
Yes Zul, Alfas are very exciting. When you sit in one, it feels very macho. Open up the throttle, you get a mini-Ferrari scream. You cannot drive slow in an Alfa because it won't let you. :) Base on your previous comments and wants, you should try Alfa too before settling down for a E36 328. ;)

i found many Alfa car price go very down in market price (2nd hand),
and many people say they spend a lot of money to Alfa then BM after buy it.
why this happen? :confused:

Zul_fahmi;224294 said:
i found many Alfa car price go very down in market price (2nd hand)

Less demand for Alfas mah...

Zul_fahmi;224294 said:
and many people say they spend a lot of money to Alfa then BM after buy it

Are you sure?? I think BM more expensive to maintain. Anyway they're both sensitive cars. If you want reliability, buy Toyota or Honda. If you want excitement, buy Alfa or BM. ;)

on the technical side...

dude... i deal with spare parts n own a workshop... so i tell u... alfa - parts expensive... repair expensive... n not a lot of specialized mechanics around town... but for a beemer.... hmm... need elaboration? u have to think about the car rosaking when u buy car dont u...? :rolleyes: ;)

and...

by the way... even if some alfa parts r cheap... bmer parts r EVERYWHERE... n more thing to play... here comes the racuning... ;) :D u can mod this mod that... pimp ya ride in many more ways... correct me if im wrong guys... :eek:

my old man said german bomb alfa main factory during world war.. until now alfa cannot run over bmw! :D

Top Bottom