alarm malfunction

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E39@288

Club Guest
to all the experts, my alarm keeps beeping when its parked under hot sun, when the car is locked. The same will happen if the car is back from hot sunny day drive, parked under shaded area. Anyone can advise? Tq!

Ok apparently its quite common on E39. Now try disable the hood sensor by plugging out the socket. Its located right in front of front passenger side cabin air filter.

I had this problem too and ever since I disabled it .. Its fine now :top:

thanks bro but if i disable it, will the alarm still function? Eg. Using key to open the door....anyway, will gv it a try. Thanks!

E39@288;504281 said:
thanks bro but if i disable it, will the alarm still function? Eg. Using key to open the door....anyway, will gv it a try. Thanks!

It still works. However if someone pop your hood and try to do something funny.. i cannot guarantee you :top:

hahah hope tat does not happen....however, ive tried ur advise, seems ok till now. thanks 4 ur advise brader!

guess must be the hood expanded upwards (ever so slightly) during a hot day that it allows the hood alarm actuator to lift up (causing it to open circuit) thus....piiii poooooo piiiiiiiiiiii poooooooooo piiiiiiiii poooooo (or how ever is it an E39 alarm sounds) :)

Top Bottom