Airflow meter E46 320i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hassnur

Club Guest
Hi Someone told me fixing airflow in our engine will give better accelerationand longer drag time which provide the feel of a sudden spike of Horse Power. It also provides better fuel consumption. Hope someone can share with me on this and secondly want to know whether E46 320i engine already fitted with Airflow?

Hello Api friend if not mistaken ur car was come with the Air mass already. What kind of Airflow meter u are talking about or maybe u can post some pic. here.

YES if it was dirty. How often is depends on how the condition of your air mass. Try to search from the forum and u will see how to clean the air mass using CRC Cleaner.

hassnur;615721 said:
Alex5522; the Airflow meter found in the Mudah and the link as follow; http://ww.mudah.my/BMW+E46+Air+Flow+Meter-8288716.htm.

Do we need to clean the Air mass? if yes how often?

Better confirm the part number first before you buy.
The person selling is giving the right description. Round thing is MAF (Mass Air Flow meter)

MAF does NOT give your power lar. It for controlling the engine ignition and also if it dirty, it will affect your
idling speed.

I cleaned my MAF every 6 months to 12 months.

Thanks Jarance for your kindness and clarification on the issue posted earlier.

anyone doing the cleaning soon? tai ko Jarance.... when is the next time you doing it?

mine i got air filter and the screws for the heat shield has some very special screws which i dont have so hard to experiment.

hassnur;615608 said:
Hi
Someone told me fixing airflow in our engine will give better acceleration
and longer drag time which provide the feel of a sudden spike of Horse Power. It also provides better fuel consumption.

Hope someone can share with me on this and secondly want to know whether E46 320i engine already fitted with Airflow?

Perhaps that someone telling you to install a

1) Powerflow exhaust, or
2) Airflow sensor and open pod filter, or
3) Aftermarket air filter?

Btw, all bimmers come with MAFs. Without it your bimmer will never run.

Salut

Top Bottom