"Airbag" warning sign

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Hammer278

Official Member
Dear Sifus,Wondering if any of you guys can help me out in this. 2 weeks ago when checking my battery I got a shock as the terminals were covered with dried acid/sulphur, a battery leak (dry cell btw). I rushed the car to the mechanic the next day and he cleaned out the battery by pouring hot water on the terminals and then greasing it up. This just a temporary solution as the battery is giving no problems at all so far.Since that day the 'Airbag' warning signal in red is on. Whenever I start my car till when I stop it, the idiot light shows. I particularly don't like it as subconsiously I know the airbag is right in front of my face and wondering if it will blow up in front of my face anytime! :rolleyes:Took the car back and mechanic says to come back next week where we can hook up a laptop and see if there really is something wrong or it's just a simple reading error by the computer, since this only started after the 'battery cleaning' day. Anyone have any ideas on this? Should I be driving with my face far away from the steering?? Or my car is having a temporary joke with me? :rolleyes: Thanks for any assistance.

rather.. i think the car is telling u that the airbag is malfunctioning. be it due to the battery or otherwise.

nope, i think its the setting but why didn't he hook it up to check there and then? if he can hook it up it will take just a few minutes to rectify.

He doesn't have the equipment, but his next door workshop friend has it and is not open on Friday..

Bro, since you service your battery, thats why your airbag light is on. All it need is to reset it again. just get it to a workshop who has the diagnostic equipment. I am sure it will the airbag light will go away after the resetting. Cheers.

Best is check with computer you will know the problem, most of the BMW workshop in KL has got the PC to check. Where are you located? You should check with those mechanic that is familiar with BMW.

Other wise your airbag sensor could be problem, mostly is the passenger seat mat, below your seat. ops Is this same for E34? i know Airbag sensor problem for E39 & E46 mostly passenger sensor mat.

Thanks smike and zank.

I am in Subang Jaya. Would you know anyone in Subang who's both honest and pro? As for the airbag sensor, I believe it's in the middle area under the back seat for E34.

Bro i know of a pro and his workshop is off the federal highway. His name is Nathan, call him at this no. 0123797367 He has equipment to help sort out your problem.

Top Bottom