Advise needed on Bilstein B6

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
Hi 2011 is coming to an end. My shocks on my E36 325i have done 70+k km in the last 4.5 years. Thinking of changing the shocks from my current Bilstein B4(Black) to B6 (yellow). I prefer B6 as it uses back original spring and the car doesnt have to be lowered. Any comments/ experience to share. Thanks.

Mine is worn out too after 50000+ in just over a year...a fren of mine who hv consulted a few mechanics says that a B4 wears out quicker than a B6...any opinions on that?..planning of switching ovr to B6 soon..i use my E36 318 daily driving on normal trunk roads...will a B6 be better?

Wear quicker because it is softer and more comfort rite? B6 is more stiffer....driving at PJ road can cause serious back pain !!
busdriver;697616 said:
Mine is worn out too after 50000+ in just over a year...a fren of mine who hv consulted a few mechanics says that a B4 wears out quicker than a B6...any opinions on that?..planning of switching ovr to B6 soon..i use my E36 318 daily driving on normal trunk roads...will a B6 be better?

Hi, I just called up Auto Future today and he quoted 2600 for a set of B8...is this the normal price?

busdriver;699533 said:
Hi, I just called up Auto Future today and he quoted 2600 for a set of B8...is this the normal price?

u mean B8? cheap3..where is this auto future?last got quote 3600

Mr, kan chiong, I use b6 adjustable on my e92. As u know ride height is not compromised since springs r still ori, n i can quite easily adjust d damping/ hardness since they r adjustables. Pd 4k for them in june. Very happy with d purchase. Gap is still around 2.5 fingers wide. So no issue with humps or car park basements. IMHO rm2600 is a good price 4 a set of 4 absorbers.

Auto Future is at damansara uptown next to village park. Tel 77222880, but i forgot d boss' name. He is a friendly n informative chap.

ichi82;699544 said:
u mean B8? cheap3..where is this auto future?last got quote 3600

Yup B8....price quoted was 700 each for front and 600 each rear...

I'm hoping if someone can tell me what are the differences in terms of handling and comfort that you'll feel changing from B4+stock springs to B8/B6+eibach springs..?

Why i'm asking this is because i do a lot of driving on normal trunk roads to work. roads which are curvy, uneven surfaces, pot holes at certain places...heard that B8 will be very unforgiving on these type of roads...will it be good idea to change to B8 if im driving a lot on these roads?..still i hv this slight feeling of maintaining B4 if its gonna b better than B8 on these roads...tq so much sifus...good day..

I guess you've got 3 choices ie:-

1)B4+ Ori Springs

2)B6+ Ori Springs

3)B8+ Eibach Springs

I am on Option 1 and am thinking of Option 2

Option 3 is No No for me as I dont want very harsh ride.

Personally, I do not like eibach springs. They have a reputation of being too soft and bouncy, and the set that came with my car (eibach pro-kit/black) exhibits the same behavior.

2wenty6;699890 said:
Personally, I do not like eibach springs. They have a reputation of being too soft and bouncy, and the set that came with my car (eibach pro-kit/black) exhibits the same behavior.

Same for me, got rid of it within 48 hours.

I am changing both front and rear suspension to Bilstein B6 tomorrow at MSpeed USJ.

I drive an e39 '02 M5. I have owned it since '07.

Initially, I wanted to change both to Sachs Boge. In fact I even paid a deposit for it, when Ah Meng (MSpeed) told that his supplier had stock. Unfortunately someone else beat me to it.

Oh well...

Ah Meng suggested that I go with Bilstein B6 instead...

I really hope that my car continues to maintain its' ride and handling qualities...

Keeping my fingers crossed...

robert.74;799834 said:
I am changing both front and rear suspension to Bilstein B6 tomorrow at MSpeed USJ.

Initially, I wanted to change both to Sachs Boge. In fact I even paid a deposit for it, when Ah Meng (MSpeed) told that his supplier had stock. Unfortunately someone else beat me to it.

Oh well...

I really hope that my car continues to maintain its' ride and handling qualities...

B6 will offer you a more confident handling since its firmer vs sach or boge. Also do let it set for 300km-500km for optimal

robert.74;799834 said:

Oh well...

Bro Robert,
Is she still on stock springs?

Cheers.

Hye Robert

Can i knw whe did u buy your B6? Coz im thinking to change my Boge absorber coz now im suding H&R spring and the absorber already out...huhuhu...
robert.74;799834 said:

Oh well...

B6 is awesome bro, it retained the 5 series comfort while giving you a more sporty ride control around the corners and highway

Can i know the price for B6?i kindda new wit the bimmer...and will be my first time for changing them...
anaksarawak;836279 said:
B6 is awesome bro, it retained the 5 series comfort while giving you a more sporty ride control around the corners and highway

Top Bottom