Advice: buying BMW 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

andrewtan79

Club Guest
Hi all,Just saw a 325i year 02 at a dealer, am interested. The good thing is the dealer mentioned tat he allow me to bring the car to Auto Bavaria for inspection. Is the inspection by AB sufficient enough to make sure the car is problem free??? I.e engine and gearbox. I will be only bringing a guy to check the car body.Thank you in advance,Andrew

hi andrewtan79,

yes it should be sufficient bearing you communicate with AB properly on the purpose of the inspection.
Check for service history records, also request for their standard inspection package for checking used cars (where they list all the items due for changing&items that needs changing(spoilt))

of course it would inc engine/gearbox/suspension as well.

do note that AB will charge you a fee for the service, if i am not mistaken around rm200+-

hope this helps

yes bro...better get a car with previous service record..those inspection only go for visual inspection...anyhow, for year 2002, i believe u'll have lot of wear and tear item especially those rubbery stuff like hose to change...

Spend some money, have it done up tip top. That will save you time and more money. Never the less, you get to enjoy the car to the max.

or you can always bring it to M Speed... 100 bucks for Ah Meng to check... the price he charges depends on what he check...
like one of the cars i brought once jacked up... got prob.. he did not check the rest and i gave him 50 only :D
last time before i bought i brought tons of cars there to check... hehehe... then only bought my 320i....

yen187;671850 said:
or you can always bring it to M Speed... 100 bucks for Ah Meng to check... the price he charges depends on what he check...
like one of the cars i brought once jacked up... got prob.. he did not check the rest and i gave him 50 only :D
last time before i bought i brought tons of cars there to check... hehehe... then only bought my 320i....

surely shows that there are lotsa lemons out there ..... luckily you decided to pay for those inspections just to get the most right one ....some think even rm50 is very expensive hence regreting later to find out that the car has got lotsa problems ....

yea bro ICEMAN...
i almost fell into the trap where one seller told me no need to check and he will reduce the price (reduce 2k)

the outlook of a car can be seen with the naked eye but the other parts unless you are a mech or have loads of experience with BMW's then well... you can make the decision there and then...

for me.. it was my first BMW and well... 50 bucks saved me loads as one side of that car was massively smashed and well.... it was only time before i start crying if i bought that car

lesson well learnt that you pay for what you get.. must not let the cheap prices blind you...

i believe u'll have lot of wear and tear item especially those rubbery stuff like hose to change...

Hi guys, intend to get a E92 325 M sport UK spec. Will be my first beemer and would really like some1 to have a look at it first. Exterior looks good but dont really know about the engine. Any1 here have a contact number so i could call and ask them to help inspect this car. Thanks bro!

DrD : is it from a second hand dealer or from a private sale?
take it to a workshop to get it checked out.

better to get a computer to check the engine rather than a naked eye right?
also the mech can check it out for you... i did mine previously at M Speed and have been servicing the car there

but it will cost you about 100 though

What I did was, have a look at many cars, then short listed to 4 cars for the best condition, test drive all those to find out the bushing, suspension, steering rack, gear shifting, engine, etc. then short listed again to 2 units and bring to mechanic for checkup and diagnos. last then choose one.

Top Bottom