Actual Windscreen Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
For F30, original windscreen will cost you RM3500.00 including installation. This price was quoted by one of the workshop in Segambut.

nals80 said:
For F30, original windscreen will cost you RM3500.00 including installation. This price was quoted by one of the workshop in Segambut.
Ingress charged me RM 6000.00 for this ( claimed under insurance - 2013 ). But they revised to RM 5000 as my insurance coverage for the front mirror was only 5k. My insurer did not recommend a cover more than 5k at that time. ...The insurer felt that 6k was too high....

Always good to know prices...

MarcoMeswara said:
Ingress charged me RM 6000.00 for this ( claimed under insurance - 2013 ). But they revised to RM 5000 as my insurance coverage for the front mirror was only 5k. My insurer did not recommend a cover more than 5k at that time. ...The insurer felt that 6k was too high....

Always good to know prices...
Funny how they can simply manipulate the price to maximize profit...I would have snapped at them for doing that to me regardless claiming insurance or not.

Windscreen cost varies depending on the car model and its features.

from my understanding there are 3 types
- Clear
- UV
- Acoustic and UV.

3500 sounds about right (but without installation). for UV glass.

mine insured at RM5k. changed once in 2013 under insurance, they also re-tinted it.

I have changed my F30 windscreen recently for RM3k (insurance) at Wearnes JB - all in except tinting. Dr. Cermin quoted RM4.5k.

Did change my hairline crack front windscreen at ingress sg penchala on July this year. My insurance coverage was rm5000. Installation complete with v cool tint. I asked the head mechanics Daryl he said rm4500 coverage would be enough.

For general information, I changed my wife's F30 front windscreen for an all-in cost of RM2,540.00 including GST at German Marque S/B in Glenmarie on 20-Dec-16.

Ingress Auto Damansara initially quoted RM4,000 and reduced it to RM3,500 when I said the windscreen was not insured and no tinted film was required.

So far so good. No complaints. Very professional and attentive. I believe they replaced it there at the workshop itself and do not sub out the job.

In terms of time taken, it took one day whereas the authorised workshops tell you they need 3 days! I have checked through various overseas forums on windscreen replacement and my take on it is that one day is sufficient for a professional job to be done.

I did it about the same price like tnflee. unlike bull shit price under insurance claims. there are many workshop now only work on insurance claim basis for supernormal profit. now I no longer insure the windscreen for all my vehicles, going for self insured.

Same goes to Medical bills, for those under insurance, the hospital easily charged extra 50% if not more. that viciously caused the medical insurance premium to keep skyrocket.

Recently my brother's changed his F30 windscreen in Old Klang Road at Wind Autoglass Supplies.
He said the cost was rm1500.00 with installation.

I used to replace my e90 winsceeen. Insured RM3000. One of the most popular windscreen shop in Penang P Ramlee road after know I have insurance coverage. Quote me RM2500 +6% GST = RM2650. They told me remaining RM350 can be used for tint film. I have to tint myself elsewhere and bring them the receipt so they submit claim all at once.

When I go tint shop. I choose a film cost RM500. I plan to top up RM150 myself.

The shop owner ask if I just replace windscreen due to crack and under insurance claim. I said yes. Then he immediately call the windscreen shop and after some discussion, he told me I don't have to pay anything. I over heard their conversation and mention about open a receipt of RM800 for tint.

My guess is that. Windscreen shop will figure out a way to claim to your max coverage no matter what. If u insured RM5000. They may quote you RM4950. Insurance company may only allow them to claim at market price but these windscreen shop will somehow work with tint shop to mark up the delta.

As for the actual price of replacing F30 windscreen? I guess it is RM1500 as this is the lowest I heard so far. Cost of the screen? Maybe RM1000?

I just replaced my windscreen for an original screen for a cash price of RM1,600. The tinting was RM900.

Just 3 days earlier, I did an insurance claim to replace the windscreen including tinting for a coverage of RM3,000. Was told that an insurance claim is higher than cash replacement.

I earlier got a quote for RM6,000 for the windscreen to be replaced at the SC.

So the choice is yours, if you want to only replace the screen at an SC, then insure it for 6,000.
At the minimum, I suggest that you insure for 3,500.
The premium is 15% of the sum insured.

saat said:
I just replaced my windscreen for an original screen for a cash price of RM1,600. The tinting was RM900.

Just 3 days earlier, I did an insurance claim to replace the windscreen including tinting for a coverage of RM3,000. Was told that an insurance claim is higher than cash replacement.

I earlier got a quote for RM6,000 for the windscreen to be replaced at the SC.

So the choice is yours, if you want to only replace the screen at an SC, then insure it for 6,000.
At the minimum, I suggest that you insure for 3,500.
The premium is 6% of the sum insured.
where is this place that you replaced it at ? By original do you mean Pilkington branded that came factory fitted with the car?

If you dont have insurance coverage..u can try a windscreen shop in puchong..replaced mine with non ori china brand windscreen, cost is only RM 790 without tinting. At first a bit worry to change, scared if windscreen got some issue, but so far so good, been driving for the past 2 years without issue. Many bmw and continental also changing at the shop.

d4ngerz0ne said:
where is this place that you replaced it at ? By original do you mean Pilkington branded that came factory fitted with the car?
Pilkington.

Dr Cermin.

Top Bottom