Actual function of M mode.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SkyEvo

Club Guest
Guys..I'm wandering what's the actual function of M mode since I seldom use it and simply don't know when is the right time to use it. What's the M stand for, is it M for Medium or Moderate as S mode stand for Sport or some other meaning?:confused: Need some info here. Thanks..

SkyEvo;461547 said:
Guys..

I'm wandering what's the actual function of M mode since I seldom use it and simply don't know when is the right time to use it. What's the M stand for, is it M for Medium or Moderate as S mode stand for Sport or some other meaning?:confused: Need some info here. Thanks..

on the ///M cars, the m-mode is to turn ur car into Motorsports mode...and for non-M cars...it is manual mode...

M = Minum.. :cheers: :24:

M means Manual loo.. you decide when you want to upshift or downshift by using the shift stick.

U need the M mode to override the auto up/down shift action..
U need the M mode to drop gear to produce engine drag..
U need the M mode for people who doesn't know how to use an Auto tranny..

astroboy;461555 said:
M = Minum.. :cheers: :24:

M means Manual loo.. you decide when you want to upshift or downshift by using the shift stick.

U need the M mode to override the auto up/down shift action..
U need the M mode to drop gear to produce engine drag..
U need the M mode for people who doesn't know how to use an Auto tranny..

Thanks bro:top:..thought about it also but afraid i was wrong hehe.once told a friend who asked about it and on the spot i answered 'Manual mode' never knew it was the right answer all the way eheh..:rolleyes:

M = Mari
Mula
Makan
Maggi
Maknyah
Main
Mercun
Mati?? :listen: cabuut....:vroam:

when you want to spend more Money ...then step on the " M " mode

M = $$$

just my 2 cent ahh

Many years back, a friend complaint to me when he bought the 1.9 E46. He said he order an auto unit but was delivered with a semi-auto unit and price is more expensive than the full auto type. Where got such thing! U get half, but pay more money!

:24:

astroboy;461606 said:
Many years back, a friend complaint to me when he bought the 1.9 E46. He said he order an auto unit but was delivered with a semi-auto unit and price is more expensive than the full auto type. Where got such thing! U get half, but pay more money!

:24:

haha! i understand why:rock:

SkyEvo;461547 said:
Guys..

I'm wandering what's the actual function of M mode since I seldom use it and simply don't know when is the right time to use it. What's the M stand for, is it M for Medium or Moderate as S mode stand for Sport or some other meaning?:confused: Need some info here. Thanks..

SkyEvo.

If you are talking about the function of M mode, the answer would be Manual Mode.:wink:
However, if you are asking wht does M stands for, it means Motorsport.:wink:

BMW M is also known as M-Technik or just "M" (for Motorsport) and was initially created to facilitate BMW’s racing program, which was very successful in the 1960s and 1970s. As time progressed, BMW M began to supplement BMW's vehicles portfolio with specially modified higher trim models, for which they are now most known for to the general public. These M-badged cars traditionally include modified engines, suspensions, interior trims, aerodynamics, and exterior modifications to set them apart from their counterparts.

There are several BMW models which BMW Motorsport made changes on, without them becoming full M-Cars. Vehicles which have been modified by BMW Motorsport, but are not full M-Cars, may feature plain "M" badges with no number, whilst full M-Cars will have "M" badges with the model number (e.g. "M3" or "M5"). One exception to this is the M Coupe model, both Z3 and Z4 variants, which only have on the boot a plain "M" badge with no number displayed. These cars are full M-Cars.

For example, the E28 M535i featured suspension, styling, and transmission improvements over the standard 535i. These changes were carried out by BMW Motorsport, thus the car carried "M" stripe badges on the front grille and boot, but not the full "M5" nomenclature. The E28 M5 was sold alongside the M535i.

"In recent years, M badges have been used to accent non-M factory options. Examples of this include the E46 3 series, in which the performance package option upgraded the car to include M68 style rims which had small M badges below the BMW Roundels. In other instances, M styling without the badges has trickled down into non-M cars as factory options. For example, both the E39 and E60 5 series sedans had optional aerodynamic packages that included strongly influenced M5 styling (for example bumpers). It is not unusual to see "standard" BMW's with "M" badges or ribbons accenting the design."

:top::top::top::top:

Currently, the lines without an M version are the 1 Series, the 7 Series, the X3, and the Z4. The Z4 is the only one of the preceding to previously have an M variant (note, the current 1 series has no relation to the original M1).

Hopefully the above will be enough to equip you with some knowledge of what beemers is all about and can explain to friends what BMW actually means. :):)

btw BMW stands for Bavarian Motor Works in english and Bayerische Motoren Werke in german, just incase you are wondering to ask about it to :):):):)

dzuljazz2001;461618 said:
SkyEvo.

If you are talking about the function of M mode, the answer would be Manual Mode.:wink:

BMW M is also known as M-Technik or just "M" (for Motorsport) and was initially created to facilitate BMW’s racing program, which was very successful in the 1960s and 1970s. As time progressed, BMW M began to supplement BMW's vehicles portfolio with specially modified higher trim models, for which they are now most known for to the general public. These M-badged cars traditionally include modified engines, suspensions, interior trims, aerodynamics, and exterior modifications to set them apart from their counterparts.

There are several BMW models which BMW Motorsport made changes on, without them becoming full M-Cars. Vehicles which have been modified by BMW Motorsport, but are not full M-Cars, may feature plain "M" badges with no number, whilst full M-Cars will have "M" badges with the model number (e.g. "M3" or "M5"). One exception to this is the M Coupe model, both Z3 and Z4 variants, which only have on the boot a plain "M" badge with no number displayed. These cars are full M-Cars.

For example, the E28 M535i featured suspension, styling, and transmission improvements over the standard 535i. These changes were carried out by BMW Motorsport, thus the car carried "M" stripe badges on the front grille and boot, but not the full "M5" nomenclature. The E28 M5 was sold alongside the M535i.

"In recent years, M badges have been used to accent non-M factory options. Examples of this include the E46 3 series, in which the performance package option upgraded the car to include M68 style rims which had small M badges below the BMW Roundels. In other instances, M styling without the badges has trickled down into non-M cars as factory options. For example, both the E39 and E60 5 series sedans had optional aerodynamic packages that included strongly influenced M5 styling (for example bumpers). It is not unusual to see "standard" BMW's with "M" badges or ribbons accenting the design."

wow thanks..nice copy and paste job bro.. :top: Danke hehe

by the way do you know that the letter "E" at the beginning of each BMW's model number stands for "Entwicklung" in German which stands for "Evolution" or "Development" in English..

Cheers..

SkyEvo;461636 said:
wow thanks..nice copy and paste job bro.. :top: Danke hehe

by the way do you know that the letter "E" at the beginning of each BMW's model number stands for "Entwicklung" in German which stands for "Evolution" or "Development" in English..

Cheers..

For a guy who was wondering what M stands for just a couple of posts ago...you've turned out to be pretty smart...now that's what I call 'Evolution" or 'Development'....:wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dzuljazz2001;461618 said:
SkyEvo.

You're referring to M-Sport aka Clubsport aka ZHP. It's not only just the styling but also the suspension (stiffer spring rate and absorber), ///M front control arms, staggered wheels set-up to give a sportier road holding performance also in certain countries like the US they have a different cam profiles (225 vs 236 hp). As for the clubsport (only for Ci) they're more lighter by using gotten rid some of the sound deadening material.

Just to prove that it's not only just cosmetic lerrrr :p :D

M mode

hi guys just wondering even if i did not change to M mode i can still use the gear stick to shift form 1st gear n drag as long i wan. so what is the diff if i change to M mode first?i tried, is the same even if is in M or E mode or not i still can manually shift gears.So i am wondering what is the diff between M and E?

thanks.

wayneng;461707 said:
hi guys just wondering even if i did not change to M mode i can still use the gear stick to shift form 1st gear n drag as long i wan. so what is the diff if i change to M mode first?i tried, is the same even if is in M or E mode or not i still can manually shift gears.So i am wondering what is the diff between M and E?

thanks.

M= Masturbation
E= Ejaculation

:laugh::laugh::laugh:...hahaha...sorry man,I couldn't help it...ok,ok,what are you driving again?

Guna;461715 said:
M= Masturbation
E= Ejaculation

:laugh::laugh::laugh:...hahaha...sorry man,I couldn't help it...ok,ok,what are you driving again?

Damn! nice one haha..

M-mode

lol..no prob...i am actually driving e28 n e34 but selling the 34 soon cuz i am going to Australia for studies next year.

i am planing to get e36 there. really wanna get a manual one but my gf cant drive manual so have to get auto which is less fun..but i heard speed limit there are strict compare to here so maybe just get the auto.

Top Bottom