ABS Problem...?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Hellraiser

Club Guest
Bros, i'm getting a funny strong 'humming' sound thats comes on and off from the left side on the car (front). when the sound comes on and off the brakes are very rough. this goes on for about 1 km and all is normal again.Is this a problem with the ABS system? is there any other factor?if its the ABS system, what would the damage be like and what are the pros/cons if i were to have it replaced with a second hand ABS system. Your opinion please.Thanks in advance!p.s : whatever the outcome, i can see forsee money 'flying' out of my wallet !!

Hellraiser;430450 said:
Bros, i'm getting a funny strong 'humming' sound thats comes on and off from the left side on the car (front). when the sound comes on and off the brakes are very rough. this goes on for about 1 km and all is normal again.

Is this a problem with the ABS system? is there any other factor?

if its the ABS system, what would the damage be like and what are the pros/cons if i were to have it replaced with a second hand ABS system. Your opinion please.

Thanks in advance!

p.s : whatever the outcome, i can see forsee money 'flying' out of my wallet !!

Bro, have u checked your brake pad. Might be sticky or worn out already.

Just my thought..

Bros, problem solved. Turned out to be the ABS module which was somewhat short circuited due to waterlog in the ABS module compartment. in other word...banjir!. Bloody drainage was clogged with dried leaves and the ABS module got wet. A new ABS module would cost RM 9K, second hand which comes with ABS punp - RM 2K

The guys at Beemerholic were a great help where the opened out the module and dried the insides and god knows what else they did.

Total cost RM 180 bucks. Car now drives like new!!!

bro can show picture of the affected area. Dowan to happen to my ride as well.

cheers..

Beemerholics is at Sunway PJS 11/14 where all the car mod shops are located. contact azhar at 0163227606/0163287606/0122249451. mention my name - richard.

cheers!

Top Bottom