ABS light appeared after reset at BM World

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tweiboon

Club Guest
I have change both rear wheel speed sensors at BW World at Desa Tun Razak. After that Ah Wai's staff reset my e39 using the diagnostic tools then ABS light appeared and my speed meter is not functioning anymore. Then Ah Wai said is ABS circuit board got problem and must be change. Before i do any reset my speed meter is functioning and ABS light is not on. Is it really ABS circuit board problem ?? What is should do now ?

tweiboon;701814 said:
I have change both rear wheel speed sensors at BW World at Desa Tun Razak.
After that Ah Wai's staff reset my e39 using the diagnostic tools then ABS light appeared and my speed meter is not functioning anymore.

Then Ah Wai said is ABS circuit board got problem and must be change. Before i do any reset my speed meter is functioning and ABS light is not on. Is it really ABS circuit board problem ?? What is should do now ?

what was the reason for changing both the rear wheel speed sensors?was the speed meter functioning before the change?was the abs light on previously?why when change something.....something else gets messed up?i wud tell albert to put back the old sensors so i can live a happy life.....

moots;701847 said:
what was the reason for changing both the rear wheel speed sensors?was the speed meter functioning before the change?was the abs light on previously?why when change something.....something else gets messed up?i wud tell albert to put back the old sensors so i can live a happy life.....

The ABS light has on once before and i use my scanner checked and it shown that wheel speed sensor need to change. Before i change drove to the workshop, my speed meter is working fine. After reset by the tools then my speed meter and L/100km are not funtioning now. Another e39 also change the wheel speed sensor at the same time and facing the same problem at BM World at Desa Tun Razak.

the input to the abs comes from 1 rear wheel speed sensor(can't remember which one).why need to replace both?i think he or his mechanic messed up the installation.

moots;701855 said:
the input to the abs comes from 1 rear wheel speed sensor(can't remember which one).why need to replace both?i think he or his mechanic messed up the installation.

The staff at BM World said is better to replace both. And at the same time i brought 2 sensors to there as well. Now the problem is not how many sensors i changed. The problem is after reset then speed meter not functioning and ABS light appeared after reset.

the problem is....they messed up......

why fix something if it ain't broken?

yr speedometer in not functioning coz of improper installation for sure coz it was functioning when you drove to his shop right?now after change rosak?

demand for at least the speedometer/consumption meter to be fixed!

moots;701857 said:
the problem is....they messed up......

why fix something if it ain't broken?

yr speedometer in not functioning coz of improper installation for sure coz it was functioning when you drove to his shop right?now after change rosak?

demand for at least the speedometer/consumption meter to be fixed!

Before change anything speed meter was running. Then after changed then speed meter mulfunction. Another e39 facing same problem at the sametime at BM World.

Ah Wai said my ABS circuit board got problem and must change. The cost of the circuit board is RM1000 ++. Is this the circuit board Ah Wai mentioned ? --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-BMW-AB...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6c131ef6#ht_2749wt_1002

bmw7833;701964 said:
Front left under the a/c filter box.

My e39 is 1999 523i 2500cc. Just now i opened Front left a/c filter box. I saw 1 DME box and another box which is not stated what kind of box is that. It is with blue socket. Is it that box that you mentioned ?

Oppss sorry..the ABS module is the one in the right side beside the engine block.

This one..You can not miss it everytime u pop up the bonnet.

heatshield3.jpg

BMW ABS/ASC Bosch 5.7

Table of error codes:

5 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
6 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
7 Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor
14 Solenoid Valve Relay (check fuses 17 & 33)
15 Pressure Sensor/Pump Error
21 Module Memory Failure - ABS/ASC module is faulty
23 Incorrect Coding - ABS/ASC module is faulty
24 Wrong Impulse
30 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
31 Open Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
32 Open Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
33 Open Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor
50 Right Front Outlet Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
51 Left Rear Outlet Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
54 Left Front Inlet Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
55 ASC Intake Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
58 Gear Box Control Unit (CAN bus error)
59 DMER1 (CAN bus error)
61 Steering Angle Sensor Identification
66 Speed Sensor Voltage Supply
67 Intermittent Interference
75 Engine Speed Fault from DME
81 Pressure Sensor
82 Open Yaw Rate Sensor
86 ASC Cut-off Valve Rear Axle
88 Precharge Pump
89 Low Voltage
90 Temporary System Deactivation
94 DDE Fault/Yaw rate sensor
97 Steering Angle Sensor
10 Brake Light Switch
108 SN Control
112 Open CAN to Instrument Cluster
114 Pressure Sensor Offset
117 Brake Light Switch Failure
118 DME Status-Internal Error

REMOVE ABS-MODULE CONNECTOR:
- Facing the engine, slide the plastic retaining clip to the right with a 1/4 inch flathead screwdriver.
- It is a plastic retaining clip, so do be careful not to break it; it slides over about 1 1/4 inches or so.
- Once the clip is fully to the right, lift the electrical connector up
- Notice the female (blue) connector with 42 holes (and very tiny lettering)
- DO NOT STICK YOUR TEST LEAD INTO THE SQUARE HOLES!
(Only put test leads into the larger rectangular holes next to the square holes.)
attachment.php

U should read this if u tend to DIY.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356272&page=2

bmw7833;701978 said:
BMW ABS/ASC Bosch 5.7

Table of error codes:

5 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
6 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
7 Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor
14 Solenoid Valve Relay (check fuses 17 & 33)
15 Pressure Sensor/Pump Error
21 Module Memory Failure - ABS/ASC module is faulty
23 Incorrect Coding - ABS/ASC module is faulty
24 Wrong Impulse
30 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
31 Open Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
32 Open Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
33 Open Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor
50 Right Front Outlet Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
51 Left Rear Outlet Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
54 Left Front Inlet Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
55 ASC Intake Valve - ABS/ASC module is faulty
58 Gear Box Control Unit (CAN bus error)
59 DMER1 (CAN bus error)
61 Steering Angle Sensor Identification
66 Speed Sensor Voltage Supply
67 Intermittent Interference
75 Engine Speed Fault from DME
81 Pressure Sensor
82 Open Yaw Rate Sensor
86 ASC Cut-off Valve Rear Axle
88 Precharge Pump
89 Low Voltage
90 Temporary System Deactivation
94 DDE Fault/Yaw rate sensor
97 Steering Angle Sensor
10 Brake Light Switch
108 SN Control
112 Open CAN to Instrument Cluster
114 Pressure Sensor Offset
117 Brake Light Switch Failure
118 DME Status-Internal Error

REMOVE ABS-MODULE CONNECTOR:
- Facing the engine, slide the plastic retaining clip to the right with a 1/4 inch flathead screwdriver.
- It is a plastic retaining clip, so do be careful not to break it; it slides over about 1 1/4 inches or so.
- Once the clip is fully to the right, lift the electrical connector up
- Notice the female (blue) connector with 42 holes (and very tiny lettering)
- DO NOT STICK YOUR TEST LEAD INTO THE SQUARE HOLES!
(Only put test leads into the larger rectangular holes next to the square holes.)
attachment.php

U should read this if u tend to DIY.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356272&page=2

Ah Wai said is the ABS circuit board need to change then went to Bavarian Auto to ask the unit and it cost more than RM1k. Is it they are mentioned the unit that u mentioned ?

Top Bottom