740il e32 Conversion (need your suggestions)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Most importantly, find a good mechanic with fabricating skills and excellent wireman. conversion itself is quiet straight forward.

clipguy;542586 said:
hi im in the process of putting a 2jz into my e38. hope we can share a few pointers and tips too

wah..cool..e38 i like!
how much is it going for nowadays?

kgb;542578 said:
your engine and gearbox still worth money, provided it is in good condition. Hopefully, it is all in tact and not yet taken out. That way potential buyer can test drive you engine and feel your gearbox.

Where to get cheap 1jz with manual tranny? Am yet to hear about a cheap one hehehehe One with manual tranny is far from cheap. Last time i've heard, gearbox alone (if you manage to find one) is around 6k plus engine.

2jz halfcut is around 5K plus (auto). Since your e32 is already auto, you need not to modify anything when fitting 2jz gbox.

heard the gearbox still worth 4k..is it true aa?

clipguy;542586 said:
hi im in the process of putting a 2jz into my e38. hope we can share a few pointers and tips too

a bunch of E38 owners i know will put a bounty on your head for doing such transplant :eek:

yeah, i know.. sacrilage.. hahaha but im coming from previous toyota cars. trying to get the best of both worlds i guess. btw any good wireman to intro?

clipguy;543409 said:
yeah, i know.. sacrilage.. hahaha but im coming from previous toyota cars. trying to get the best of both worlds i guess. btw any good wireman to intro?

Don't play play one, got real gangsta here.

kgb;542595 said:
Most importantly, find a good mechanic with fabricating skills and excellent wireman. conversion itself is quiet straight forward.

If u have free time, please come to Hama Auto Bentong. Meet 2 young guys whose very talented and experts in conversion of 1JZ or 2 JZ or what so ever Japs engine to continental car. Ah Loy contacts no. 012-9015152 or his brother Ah Ho - 016-9228848. I think, informed several time in 1JZ thread. Try first this workshop. I guarantee u won't regret it...:top::party: Let them explain in details...:listen:

BANG!!!!

Project e32 2jz conversion is experiencing some serious trouble... will need your advice on the following:

My mechanic, who promised to mount and wire up my 2jz to e32 and charged me the "earth" for his "top class" workmanship has finally given up, or so it seems. For the past 1 months plus, he has not done a thing on a car.

At the moment, engine can start, from inside with original BMW key. Engine can run and rev, no problem. But instrumental panel is not functioning at all. Basically, i do not know temperature, speed, rpm, fuel and etc...

He is telling me, that he can only complete the job, if i can provide him with original BMW ecu which i've given away with e32 4lt engine (which was sold). How true is this?

Anyone knows how they mate BMW wiring with JAP (2jz)? Any idea of the costs involved? I think it is time to tell him: "f*ck you very much" and tow away the vehicle...

Very sad....

Hmm... but I do believe there are a few conversion done by the forumeres here on e34 and even on e32 were successful. Check on the threads, there is one white bimmer (can't remmeber his nick) convert his E32 with 1J

kgb;544402 said:
BANG!!!!

Project e32 2jz conversion is experiencing some serious trouble... will need your advice on the following:

My mechanic, who promised to mount and wire up my 2jz to e32 and charged me the "earth" for his "top class" workmanship has finally given up, or so it seems. For the past 1 months plus, he has not done a thing on a car.

At the moment, engine can start, from inside with original BMW key. Engine can run and rev, no problem. But instrumental panel is not functioning at all. Basically, i do not know temperature, speed, rpm, fuel and etc...

He is telling me, that he can only complete the job, if i can provide him with original BMW ecu which i've given away with e32 4lt engine (which was sold). How true is this?

Anyone knows how they mate BMW wiring with JAP (2jz)? Any idea of the costs involved? I think it is time to tell him: "f*ck you very much" and tow away the vehicle...

Very sad....

sad to hear that....
whoever told u to sell the engine with the ecu?
have to shoot that guy :stupid:

anyways, get an external temp gauge, RSM meter, boost meter lor...
fuel....hmmm too bad. have to agak-agak...:eek:

kgb, I was told that you don't need to use the 740 ECU in order for the instruments to work. You just need a good wiring expert to "marry the system" to get them to work.

You could try to call this guy Ah Weng 0193355563 and see if he can assist you.

kgb;544402 said:
BANG!!!!

Very sad....

Go To M60B30,roadtax only RM1700 including insurance for 6 month,but use the old 4.0 gearbox!performance very2 powerfull!!!

Top Bottom