740il e32 Conversion (need your suggestions)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
up to you, if i were you i'll keep the v8, plus they are getting rarer..
then again many e32 and e34 users eyeing your engine now, lol

phas3r;503329 said:
up to you, if i were you i'll keep the v8, plus they are getting rarer..
then again many e32 and e34 users eyeing your engine now, lol

too bad, engine sold. 2JZ here I come!!!

LPG still available? NGV u meant? All high powered Jap engine is supposed to run on RON100 in Nippon land. Check with your mechanic if running on LPG/NGV induces knock which is pretty detrimental to the engine. My 2 sen..

badrul880;503385 said:
LPG still available? NGV u meant? All high powered Jap engine is supposed to run on RON100 in Nippon land. Check with your mechanic if running on LPG/NGV induces knock which is pretty detrimental to the engine. My 2 sen..

you are right, its NGV that i plan to use, not LPG. It is also true, that over time, gas will kill off my 2j. There is only one similar engine on NGV, that i am aware of, has been running around for the past 2 years. So far so good. Anyways, if engine gives way, CHANGE lah!!! keep broken one for spare parts.

Last week received 2jz half cut with 120,000KM on the clock. Slowly stripping it down but not fully, as wiring needs to be traced before it is out.

Half cut came with one bonus and that is alarm and remote start, planning to transfer that to my e32.

On the down side, my mechanic is taking his sweet sweet time getting things done, since Chinese new year and full settlement of conversion costs, my e32 is till waiting to go in. My road tax expired in March, so far damage is RM50 and one happy Police officer, my rule, is to never "pay" them, but when he say RM600 fine and Court Hearing, its time to bend the rules.

Anyways, a bit frustrated right now, might be time to look for another mechanic? or swallow my pride and keep waiting, half-half at the moment. There is no doubt in my mind that he is trying to screw me, it is only question of time, but WHEN WHEN WHEN can i have my 2j!!!

can't tell AAM, not after giving so much of "good feedback" about this mechanic heheheheheh He will have to stay unanimous! Mechanic and a good friend of mine. I'll just have to adjust to his schedules, not other way around, unfortunately it is like this... cry like hell, but what to do, i am only a customer....

I understand 1 - 3 mths is common for engine conversion .........I have seen one longer than that !

Our mechanic friend also needs to attend to his other clients........especially for the small jobs and fast money.

Cheers bro !

Alright, we are on the move again.

Managed to strip down half cut today, hopefully can give my 2j a nice shower before putting it into e32. Here are some pics to share (its going to be a looooong conversion process, so you just bear with me):

Denis0070.jpg

Denis0071.jpg

Denis0072.jpg

Denis0075.jpg

Denis0073.jpg

Denis0074.jpg

Denis0076.jpg

Denis0077.jpg

My mechanic has been most generous today, and if all goes well, i believe tomorrow is the big day (waited since January).

"once you go Jap, you never go back" :rock::rock::rock:

wahh kgb.......you like ' mat salleh ' body aah but with jap heart.........

for me ..... vice versa ..........easy to handle!

...........cabutzzzzzzzz.................

AAM;524542 said:
wahh kgb.......you like ' mat salleh ' body aah but with jap heart.........

for me ..... vice versa ..........easy to handle!

...........cabutzzzzzzzz.................

huh? you mean you put BMW engine into your Toyota? Mad or what heheheheh

Top Bottom