740il e32 Conversion (need your suggestions)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
okey, she is parked outside workshop, hopefully tomorrow can go on the hoist already. Had to drive back mechanic's Iswara, and what a pile of s%%t it was hehehehehe Can't wait to get my girl back. Will keep you guys posted with progress.

Getting ready for surgery...

Denis0093.jpg

Surgical tools...

Denis0096.jpg

And its out...

Denis0098.jpg

All in one day LOL!
Denis0099.jpg

There is a lot more work to be done, from engine mountings, gbox mounting, long shaft, rear hydrolic shocks, wiring, cooling and etc etc etc

But overall, 2jz is a very nice fit for e32. Just perfect!!! The oil sump is a perfect match to BMW cross member, and original BMW long shaft is only about an inch shorter.

It was a pleasure working with BMW as compared to Jap. Everything seem to be well though through and easy. Yes, i said it, EASY! :cool:

AAM;527317 said:
mizhan, are you the lucky buyer........on another project again ?

i'm just playing cheerleader here.. :D

KGB, give me a ride in your car once it's running. bet it wil be smoking tyres in first, second and third! i buy you teh tarik :)

mizhan;527329 said:
i'm just playing cheerleader here.. :D

KGB, give me a ride in your car once it's running. bet it wil be smoking tyres in first, second and third! i buy you teh tarik :)

teh tarik? buy some petrol instead lah! hehehehe sure thing. We can take it to certain fellow's house to view his beautiful e30 heheheheh :rock:

kgb;527341 said:
teh tarik? buy some petrol instead lah! hehehehe sure thing. We can take it to certain fellow's house to view his beautiful e30 heheheheh :rock:

yes yes.. i know where that pussy lives :D

mizhan;527795 said:
yes yes.. i know where that pussy lives :D

pussy better cancel his adverts and keep fixing it. KGB might be combing! :wink:

Okey, latest update. As of today, all Engine mountings and gearbox mounting have been installed.

Gbox mounting is very easy, basically, using same holes and same BMW cross member and rubber mounts. But engine mountings were a bit of a challenge, as BMW mountings (e32) are located towards the front of the engine, and 2jz mountings are somewhere in the middle. Drivers side is worse, as mounting had to go around steering box.

Anyways, its all been done, looking good and strong. Tomorrow, front suspension should go in and we can begin rather long and painful process of connecting all the piping, wiring, livers and etc etc etc...

Wish me luck. Hope end result is worth it.

just my luck, lost my 2jz ecu, or rather misplaced somewhere, spent whole day looking for it, but can't fine it.... crap!!!

bro kgb, any updates on your 2jz conversion?am planning to do the same also..

still doing, engine in already, radiator in, fan in, all the oil reservoirs are in already. Engine started no problem. Now just doing wiring, tiding up a bit. Was told end of this month should be ready for collection. Lets hope so.

Once it is done, let me know, perhaps can arrange a test drive, that way you know what to expect from 2jz.

p.s. or if you not yet bought your dream car yet, i might be selling my e32 once conversion is done. Bored with it already... not even test driven it yet hehehehe

bored already?!?? how come la
actually i already have an unused 740iL for the job..

thinking of putting 1jz with manual tranny.. where to get cheap one aa?
or anyone want to swap with my V8 auto?

if willing sell it cheap, cheap like kgb sold his, then i dun mind..

m42;542351 said:
bored already?!?? how come la
actually i already have an unused 740iL for the job..

thinking of putting 1jz with manual tranny.. where to get cheap one aa?
or anyone want to swap with my V8 auto?

your engine and gearbox still worth money, provided it is in good condition. Hopefully, it is all in tact and not yet taken out. That way potential buyer can test drive you engine and feel your gearbox.

Where to get cheap 1jz with manual tranny? Am yet to hear about a cheap one hehehehe One with manual tranny is far from cheap. Last time i've heard, gearbox alone (if you manage to find one) is around 6k plus engine.

2jz halfcut is around 5K plus (auto). Since your e32 is already auto, you need not to modify anything when fitting 2jz gbox.

hi im in the process of putting a 2jz into my e38. hope we can share a few pointers and tips too

Top Bottom