530 E39 - Things to look out for

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
If the seller adjust the mileage, there should have a red dot behind the mileage.

Jerman;256514 said:
James or shall we address you as "E39 Mr Technical Guru",

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Will touch base with you when the need arises!

By the way, this is a good website for E39 Service Checklist
http://edgemotorworks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=55

No No, I Am Just A Guy Who Like To Study About BMW Car Engine, Hehe!! I Like To Find Out What's Wrong To The Car, Haha!!

The Website You Provided Really BEST la~~~!! Thanks So Much!

Have any one here tried to service at Heritage in old klang road? is it expensive?

I did my service at mpower tmn megah...btw, the cd changer i bought was second hand...any idea how I can increase the hp of my beemer...

btw, zank, I bought my car direct from the owner who has the service records so the mileage checks out ..cheers!!

Thanks for the feedback koh528i and johnj...

johnj, hows the service at mpower? how are the prices compared to other places? are the mechs there skilled? am still getting familiarized with beemers and NA cars as have been driving a forced induced car earlier.

Replay;257293 said:
Thanks for the feedback koh528i and johnj...

johnj, hows the service at mpower? how are the prices compared to other places? are the mechs there skilled? am still getting familiarized with beemers and NA cars as have been driving a forced induced car earlier.

I actually don't know if they are skilled or not but they have GT One and I only went to them once, quite satisfied with their service and PR but havent made any price comparision.Heard that MPower is abit on the high side though..need to check and clarify..BTW I stumbled upon them while surveying the area looking for stuttgart!!!:burnout:

James Chun;255435 said:
530i?? Nice Car..... Can Fly~~~ hehe!!

Higher Maintance Of Course.

Water Pump Must Changed, Cooling Coil, Alternator, Bushing, Power Steering Rod , Fan Clutch, Aux Fan , Thermostat Sensor, O2 Sensor, Cam Shaft Sensor, Crank Shaft Sensor, Belt, Tranmission Oil, Engine Oil, Brake Oil, Power Steering Oil & Hose, Thermostat, Oil Filter, Compressor Pump, Dash Board, Brake Pad, Disc Plate, ABS Sensor, DSC Controller, Air Bag Sensor, CD Changer Unit. Fuel Pump With Sensor, Fuel Injection Unit,
Absorber, Spring, Bonnet & Trunk Gas Spring & etc... Hehe

I Own 99/05 E39 523i (or 525i?), I Still Replace All Of These Items One By One When I Got Money, Haha!!

All Of The Above Items Are Mostly Common Faulty Items In BMW Car Since I Got My E34 5 Years Ago, So I Have Some Basic Knowledge On All the Items Above.

You Can Ask Me Function For All the Items Above, I Would Be Happy To Tell You, Hehe!

If You replace All Of These, Then Your Car Is Perfect In 10 Years Time, hehe!

Get A Bimmer You Must Know More About Bimmer Too So You Know Exactly What Problem To Your Car.

There are some parts to be changed but I don't agree with such a huge list of items. The 530 is only 4 years old!

For my case, first the E34, the water pump broke down on its 14th year 120,000km, Termostate at about the same time, Shock aborbers changed for the first time in 1999 and again this year,Cam Shaft and Crank Shaft Sensor failed on the 16th year.

As for my E39, all ABS sensors replaced on its 8th year, water pump and termostat on its 9th year, stock spring and shocks still in working oder but changed last month just to lower.

Yeah, The Items I List Down Is The Item I Changed For My E34, So I Think Maintanence Items For E39 Are More Or Less Same....

I Replace My Water Pump For My E34 & E39 Every Year No Matter It Is Ok Or Not, Cause I Hentam My Car Kuat Kuat, Worried It Will Get Overheat Anytime After One Year.

Anyway, E34 & E39 Is A Reliable Car. Normally Problem Also Not Really A Big Deal. Normally Is Crank Shaft Sensor That Make You Fail To Start Your Car.

Thanks For Information Brother & Nice To Meet You Ya~~~ Keep In Touch

Just took my E39 to the first checkup yesterday at the beemer place in kayu ara..kenot remember the name already..

Changed the control arm bushes, front anti-roll bar bush and the tranny oil. The rest of the bits still seems okay acording to jason.

My front driver side seems to be lower than the passenger side, so i was recommended that the absorber is dead so need to change that also...Whats the stock absorber for the e39? How much would it cost? I was quoted rm440 for bilstein (cant remember exactly which model)

Top Bottom