530 E39 - Things to look out for

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
Hey Guys,I'm considering getting a 530 E39 and i would need some suggestions on what i should be looking out for before committing myself....any maintenance problems or any well known gremlins that i need to be aware of. The cars a 2003 model with mileage at about 140k. Thanks a bundle..hoping to bag one soon...

530i?? Nice Car..... Can Fly~~~ hehe!!

Higher Maintance Of Course.

Water Pump Must Changed, Cooling Coil, Alternator, Bushing, Power Steering Rod , Fan Clutch, Aux Fan , Thermostat Sensor, O2 Sensor, Cam Shaft Sensor, Crank Shaft Sensor, Belt, Tranmission Oil, Engine Oil, Brake Oil, Power Steering Oil & Hose, Thermostat, Oil Filter, Compressor Pump, Dash Board, Brake Pad, Disc Plate, ABS Sensor, DSC Controller, Air Bag Sensor, CD Changer Unit. Fuel Pump With Sensor, Fuel Injection Unit,
Absorber, Spring, Bonnet & Trunk Gas Spring & etc... Hehe

I Own 99/05 E39 523i (or 525i?), I Still Replace All Of These Items One By One When I Got Money, Haha!!

All Of The Above Items Are Mostly Common Faulty Items In BMW Car Since I Got My E34 5 Years Ago, So I Have Some Basic Knowledge On All the Items Above.

You Can Ask Me Function For All the Items Above, I Would Be Happy To Tell You, Hehe!

If You replace All Of These, Then Your Car Is Perfect In 10 Years Time, hehe!

Get A Bimmer You Must Know More About Bimmer Too So You Know Exactly What Problem To Your Car.

Year 2003 with 140km mileage?? Woww, it's a lot..My car with year 1997 only with the mileage 160km.

Welcome to the Official Club bro,
Care to intro yourself in the newbie section....? There'll be lots of sifus assisting you.....

E39

James Chun;255435 said:
530i?? Nice Car..... Can Fly~~~ hehe!!

Higher Maintance Of Course.

Water Pump Must Changed, Cooling Coil, Alternator, Bushing, Power Steering Rod , Fan Clutch, Aux Fan , Thermostat Sensor, O2 Sensor, Cam Shaft Sensor, Crank Shaft Sensor, Belt, Tranmission Oil, Engine Oil, Brake Oil, Power Steering Oil & Hose, Thermostat, Oil Filter, Compressor Pump, Dash Board, Brake Pad, Disc Plate, ABS Sensor, DSC Controller, Air Bag Sensor, CD Changer Unit. Fuel Pump With Sensor, Fuel Injection Unit,
Absorber, Spring, Bonnet & Trunk Gas Spring & etc... Hehe

I Own 99/05 E39 523i (or 525i?), I Still Replace All Of These Items One By One When I Got Money, Haha!!

All Of The Above Items Are Mostly Common Faulty Items In BMW Car Since I Got My E34 5 Years Ago, So I Have Some Basic Knowledge On All the Items Above.

You Can Ask Me Function For All the Items Above, I Would Be Happy To Tell You, Hehe!

Get A Bimmer You Must Know More About Bimmer Too So You Know Exactly What Problem To Your Car.

James,

I think you are going to scare the newbie away man. hahahah

Replay,

Get the car. A 3.0 engine in the E39 body will be a dream to drive. with the extra torque, some rear wheel action will be in place for you. Lucky you.

My E39 can stick the back out but there is no way I can pull it back with the throttle. bummer.....

hi i am kahshen and i am new to this site i own a e39 525 m-sport year 01 and i am having problem with my driver door rattling and also sometimes i get the check engine failure light up .please help!!!!

Door Rattling?? Check The Door Hinge..

For Your Check Engine Light. have You Reset Your OBC Everytime You Service Your Car???

BMW E39 5 Series Is A Nice Car, Don't Own It Cause Once You Own It, You don't Want Other Brand Car Anymore, Very Racun One~~~~

Thanks for the feedback James...from your second post i am already getting the hebie jebies....

The milage is high coz its a Auto Bavaria Company car....so I'm not too sure if thats a good thing...pro's and con's i guess. Anyone know how AB maintains their cars?

Anyone have any idea's on the cars FC? And also where would be a good place to do a check up on the car before finally plonking down my hard earned dough?

I bought my car in AB too..If the car belongs to AB b4, then u may check the service record in AB, they should have all the record.

Ya ya....check The Service Record & See Whether They Already Replace All The Parts I List Down , Hehe!!

You Sure Mabuk If You Get A 530i E39. My Colleague's Relatives Some More Get 540I E39, Walao!!! He Said In Malaysia Only Got Few Units Only.....I So desperate To Test Drive That Car....

I Am Happy With My E39 as It Is 2500cc. Compare To My E34 520i Manual, The Torque Is Much Better, At Least I No Need To Be Scare Everytime I Pass By Roundabout, Haha!

530i Is A Good Buy. Just The 140K Mileage Is A Bit Too Much.....You Should Think Twice.....

my 525i 01/06 only 38k mileage when I bought her this year..hehehe..Japan spec

Yeah.....Ok la........I Bought At 95k, Mileage 70k , Japan Spec...

Steptronic??? With PDC?? Got Exhaust At The Back Or Not Ah?? haha! ANy Other High Tech Items Inside Your Car??

I dunno what is pdc and steptronic..I know the gear has 5 speed shiftronic and sports mode..and I suppose there has to be an exaust at the rear:wink: ..I didnt notice any other gadgets...I did up the fm booster and added an ori changer for 1k, basic service and voila..I've got a beast on the road...heheheh

PDC Is Park Distance Control, Meaning Reverse Sensor , haha~~
For BMW SemiAuto GearBox, We Call It Steptronic, Shiftronic Is Use In Japanese Car SemiAuto Gearbox, Haha!! Sports Mode Will Alwasy Keep You Up To 4th Gear Only.....Increase Your Car Torque So Can Sprint Faster....Not So Practical I Think.......Manual Mode Better, Just A Little Bit Delay.....

Original Changer Ah?? New Or 2nd Hand??

Don't Forget To Change Your Gearbox Oil .........

Nice To Meet You Brother..

where is a good place to do the first checkup? like changing oils and etc...

James Chun;255435 said:
Absorber, Spring, Bonnet & Trunk Gas Spring & etc...

I Own 99/05 E39 523i (or 525i?), I Still Replace All Of These Items One By One
All Of The Above Items Are Mostly Common Faulty Items In BMW Car
So I Have Some Basic Knowledge On All the Items Above.

You Can Ask Me Function For All the Items Above, I Would Be Happy To Tell You
James or shall we address you as "E39 Mr Technical Guru",

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Will touch base with you when the need arises!

By the way, this is a good website for E39 Service Checklist
http://edgemotorworks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=55

if you are looking for shop to help you with service or repair, here is the link:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forum...ight=workshops

Don't be too much believe into the mileage, as most car dealers will get the number down before selling, it is 5 minutes work to reverse the number, it is that easy, so to have someone to check the car before buying or check the record is better.

Most mechanic will not have time to go to see your car, unless you can take the car to their workshop, I do know one very good and honest, you can pm me for the number.

Top Bottom