5 Series Differences

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AbuSamahIbrahim

Club Guest
Dear All,I'm Abu Samah. Let me make it short. I have interest to buy 2nd hand car & I'm looking for BMW 5 Series. I'm kinda noob about BMW. So please do help me to give me some advises regarding BMW 5 Series.1. What's different between 525i 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2009? i can see 525i for used car more cheaper. may i know why?2. I have my money range is about 140k & below. Which 525i is suit to me?3. How to have good used BMW car for 525i? I mean regarding engine & major thing something like gear box.4. Where I can find BMW workshop in Kluang, Johor area?Please help me. Thanks in advanced. :eek:

with rm140k you can probably get 2007 525 models at best, which are pre-lci models. You can search previous threads between pre and post-lci e60 models. plenty of options in the market, ie carlist.my etc so I would really advise you not to rush.

Hi Abu, do introduce yourself at the newbie section first before posting here. But let me answer your questions.

1. Pre-2007 ones are all pre-LCI and 2007 onwards are all LCI. Used ones are generally cheaper than unreg/recond ones as the name says it has been used locally and command higher interest rates for hire purchase loan.
2. Top it up to RM150k and you might be able to get a LCI 525 2007 M-Sport after negotiation. But do note some of these 525 are in fact 3000cc similar to 530 just that engine output been retuned lower.
3. I have some contacts in KL which have very nice used condition E60s at reasonable price. Do PM me for their contacts.
4. This you gotta ask the Johor bimmer boys. :D

safri;837512 said:
with rm140k you can probably get 2007 525 models at best, which are pre-lci models. You can search previous threads between pre and post-lci e60 models. plenty of options in the market, ie carlist.my etc so I would really advise you not to rush.

what is mean by LCI e60? is that the engine of magnesium? i'll find slow & steady. thank you sir.

wingzee;837514 said:
Hi Abu, do introduce yourself at the newbie section first before posting here. But let me answer your questions.

1. Pre-2007 ones are all pre-LCI and 2007 onwards are all LCI. Used ones are generally cheaper than unreg/recond ones as the name says it has been used locally and command higher interest rates for hire purchase loan.
2. Top it up to RM150k and you might be able to get a LCI 525 2007 M-Sport after negotiation. But do note some of these 525 are in fact 3000cc similar to 530 just that engine output been retuned lower.
3. I have some contacts in KL which have very nice used condition E60s at reasonable price. Do PM me for their contacts.

Sorry sir. I don't know that I to gave ice breaking here in this. thanks for your advises.

1. what do u mean by LCI?
2. I can't make it for 150k & i also perhaps i'll have 525i in 130k.
3. i live in Kluang & is it all the documents & procedures to buy a car only take 3 days? if can i'll ctct you for any further action.
4. i'll find BMW guys once i buy this car in Kluang or JB. hehe!

thank you sir for your advises.

Do contact bro JFT63 @ batu pahat to know more on maintaining Bimmers at Johor

wingzee;837514 said:

will PM you.

anyway what is the interest now for 2nd hand loan? just curious. hehe! i still on job for now. i'll be back at home maybe early of September so i just wanna study first before I jump to the showroom or direct owner. thanks man.

AbuSamahIbrahim;837585 said:
what is mean by LCI e60? is that the engine of magnesium? i'll find slow & steady. thank you sir.

The answers to all your questions can be found in this forum, ie previous threads. happy searching and car hunting

Nobody is saying the Audi is a bad car or the F10 is a lousy one. The problem only arise from the maker of the statement.

I think the F10 is a wonderful machine alongside with the new facelifted W212 Benz launching soon.

Since you are entitled to your own opinion, so am I. Lets just keep it that way.

audi6699;839694 said:
the new BMW 5 series still cannot compete with my white audi A6. BMW styling is too old fashioned...I usually stay at Mont Kiara area and I always see them park near my car...but its just a piece of crap. All version looks about the same. No engineering innovation.
I will be very worried if people judge technology by looks. Great folly if you ask me.

bro. i also from kluang. have you buy the car?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Top Bottom