5 series purchase

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Congrats to you bro! U've picked up urself a very worth buy. I have been driving my 528i for a couple of years already and I still have no regrets till today eventhough the price now is like crap. A very wise move to buy a registered used car. Recond cars now not safe to buy. They do all kinds of wonders to paperwork. At least you can sleep well knowing this car you bought is already registered and has no problems with administration works and legality.

My experience was also similiar to yours when I wanted to buy a 5-Series. But I was very happy with my decision of buying a used one. But mind you it took me 4 months to find mine. Used car dealers wil con your ass off anyway they can.

Anyway, enuff grandmother stories. Congratulations again. I would be glad to help you in anyway to understand the car you just bought in terms of technical and maintainence. Do holler when you're free.

Cheers! :yahoo:

Don't be fooled. Japan specs are only 523i. UK specs are the 525i. To different shed the two, look at the chasis number. the ones that begins WBADTXXXXXXXX is the 525 and WBADMXXXXXX is the 523.

you may need to do a anti rust job for under carriage of UK specs cause in uk they use salt on their roads bduring winter. whereas the Japan specs is only 523. there are no 525s in japan.

bimmer73,
i think you're wrong here. there are 525i's from japan. ive got one and its the 525 m sport with 192 bhp M54 engine from japan 2001 model.

the one with the M52 engine will be midyear b4 2000. also Msport from japan with 525i badging as well, which malaysia badges it at 523i.

Don't be fooled. Japan specs are only 523i. UK specs are the 525i. To different shed the two, look at the chasis number. the ones that begins WBADTXXXXXXXX is the 525 and WBADMXXXXXX is the 523.

That's exactly what the second hand car sales man told me when trying to convince me to buy his UK spec instead of a jap spec ..... but eventually settled for a jap spec with VIN number starting with WBADT.........

my personal experience with Japs specs from one dealer...

1. 523i as 525M sport
2. Yr 1999 as 2001

Luckily that i checked esle kena con kow kow..

A friend of mine too has been fooled by this...he's is actually 523 but when he purchase it was said to be 525i..... Be very carefull when you go Japan specs....

Originally posted by aDrIaN@Apr 5 2006, 12:50 PM
Congrats to you bro! U've picked up urself a very worth buy. I have been driving my 528i for a couple of years already and I still have no regrets till today eventhough the price now is like crap. A very wise move to buy a registered used car. Recond cars now not safe to buy. They do all kinds of wonders to paperwork. At least you can sleep well knowing this car you bought is already registered and has no problems with administration works and legality.

My experience was also similiar to yours when I wanted to buy a 5-Series. But I was very happy with my decision of buying a used one. But mind you it took me 4 months to find mine. Used car dealers wil con your ass off anyway they can.

Anyway, enuff grandmother stories. Congratulations again. I would be glad to help you in anyway to understand the car you just bought in terms of technical and maintainence. Do holler when you're free.

Cheers! :yahoo:
Thanks Adrian for the advise and warm welcome...Just drove to Johor last week and just came back from Penang yesterday... Never enjoyed driving this much before... Its trully The Ultimate Driving Machine. What more can I say.....

Hi folks,
New in this UDM. Hell lots of info... i am looking for a 525i E39 >YR2000. Anyone selling?

Can i get some opinion from you guys? Local 525i 2002 selling 150+K, good records with AB, mileage about 140K, worth buying?

Originally posted by MyMung@Apr 13 2006, 08:59 PM
Can i get some opinion from you guys? Local 525i 2002 selling 150+K, good records with AB, mileage about 140K, worth buying?
slightly higher than mkt value but you should ask Feizaldzul, our 5-series price expert... :D

Getting my UDM next week...tested the car last week, owesome car, love the power output.

BTW, would like to find out how often you guys do the car inspection by AB? The seller did twice a year...

Originally posted by MyMung@Apr 16 2006, 10:23 PM
Getting my UDM next week...tested the car last week, owesome car, love the power output.

BTW, would like to find out how often you guys do the car inspection by AB? The seller did twice a year...
What r u getting finally , mind sharing with us? Welcome on Board!!!!!!!

i am getting the E39 525i, 2002, CKD or CBU (this i am not sure), previously sold by AB. I tested the car, owesome....very responsive when u need the power...and i think the pedal also lighter compare to those 2001 model that i tested.

Originally posted by MyMung@Apr 17 2006, 01:22 PM
i am getting the E39 525i, 2002, CKD or CBU (this i am not sure), previously sold by AB. I tested the car, owesome....very responsive when u need the power...and i think the pedal also lighter compare to those 2001 model that i tested.
How's the car so far....??

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I have a question hope you guys can help me.

Found a yr2000 E39 523 Jap specs (sunroof, electric memory seats, tv, etc), 18" new rims and tyres. Mileage is slightly above 90k. How much will you guys pay for it? Any info will be of help. Thanks...

Top Bottom