323i vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Riezal-R

Club Guest
Hi fellas,What's the difference between these two models for the E46 range? Both of them have the same engine capacity, but is it exactly the same engine?Appreciate any related feedback.

which model ah? if u want to know abt E30, I can tell u some! HA HA HA

Moral of story - please be specific so the gurus can help......other they piss in wind only!

The E46 was launched with the 323i and 328i models running from 1998 to 2001..in 2001 the 320i and 325i was launched..the previous 2 models discontinued..

The 323i has a 2.5L in line 6 engine with 170Bhp.. the 325i has 2.5L engine as well but with 192Bhp..

I own a 323i but would recommend that you pay the extra and go for the 325i as i find the 323i underpowered for my expectation..otherwise spend lots of cash doing mods like remapping ECU, ram charger and exhaust header/system..

regards

Yeah, and not to mention the fact that the 323i comes with a 2.5 litre M52B25TU engine (detuned to 170 bhp) while the 325 received the more advanced and powerful M54B25 engine. That itself is makes a whole lotta difference IMO.

Cheers,
VaN.

Thanks guys. That's great info on the engine specs. But would this mean that the 323i would have a much lower FC compared to the 325i?

Is there anything else I should be concerned about, other than the engine power output? Interior/exterior perhaps.

GT-E34 said:
Bro,the FC depends how you perform you car !

Yes, I understand this. But assuming the car is driven the same style on a standard setup, would a 323 have lower FC?

Insurance/road tax would cost almost similar to a 325. So if FC is also no different, then i might as well wait for a 325 instead.

Horsepower is not a major concern, although it would always be nicer to have more grunt under the hood. The power of a E46 320i 6 cylinder is sufficient for me, so the 323's power wouldnt be a problem for me.

Both 323 and 325 engine bhp are difference,after drive almost be same power,for 2 liter not sufficient for me .thanks

Top Bottom