2003 -318i ckd 2.0 Starting problem-need your help members

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sakthian_87

Club Guest
hye members, im new to this website..i have some issue with my car and need your help...whenever i need to start my car, i need to kick 3-5 times to start the engine..can anyone help me?

1. Sent the car for a diagnostic check and check for all the error codes.
2. Check your fuel pump pressure.
3. Check your fuel filter.
4. Check your spark plugs
5. Check your air filter

Have you done all the aboves? If not, do it and report back back.

and what year and model of your ride? Certain models have different generic problem.

sakthian_87;778663 said:
hye members, im new to this website..i have some issue with my car and need your help...whenever i need to start my car, i need to kick 3-5 times to start the engine..can anyone help me?

Is your idle smooth as silk or you can feel vibration? I presumed you are on N42/46 2.0 engine

i already change the feul pump,spark plugs air filter and the feul filter..its still the same. when i send my car to diagnostic, there is no error codes. even i already send my car to AUTO BAVARIA to check the problem, they also not sure whats the problem exactly..i dont know what to do now.

sakthian_87;778675 said:
i already change the feul pump,spark plugs air filter and the feul filter..its still the same. when i send my car to diagnostic, there is no error codes. even i already send my car to AUTO BAVARIA to check the problem, they also not sure whats the problem exactly..i dont know what to do now.

If Auto Bavaria cannot even solve your problem, I dont think most of us can help.

pss..sst try another workshop.

Checked your starter? Get your mech to test with another starter

or change the battery
or check for battery terminal for corrosion or at the starter.

i already change the batery..but its still the same..but at the AUTO BAVARIA they said the feul pressure is not good..but if i wana repair over there its cost me about 15k. so what i can do now? how to check whether the alternator faulty or not?

sakthian_87;778704 said:
i already change the batery..but its still the same..but at the AUTO BAVARIA they said the feul pressure is not good..but if i wana repair over there its cost me about 15k. so what i can do now? how to check whether the alternator faulty or not?
just curious. Why it cost 15K? since you have change the fuel pump and the pressure is still low, maybe the problem could be your fuel regulator.
As for the alternator you can check the charging voltage when the engine is running.
If you don't have a voltmeter, you can use the special menu function 9 to do it. The charging voltage
Should be around 13.6 to 14 volt.

because they ask me to change few sensor but the thing is they cannot promise the problem will solve even after they change all the sensor..so i think its just waiste of money so i just repair the oil pressure. but before these when i'm on the way to kl my car suddenly start jerking and cut off..so when i was waithing for thow it, after half and hour i can drive normal..i dont know what's the problem exactly..

sakthian_87;778723 said:
because they ask me to change few sensor but the thing is they cannot promise the problem will solve even after they change all the sensor..so i think its just waiste of money so i just repair the oil pressure. but before these when i'm on the way to kl my car suddenly start jerking and cut off..so when i was waithing for thow it, after half and hour i can drive normal..i dont know what's the problem exactly..

first and foremost, it would be really helpful if you give a full detail of what you done to your car and what you are experiencing with your ride.

You have first mentioned that you have problem starting your car and it need a few crank before you can start the car.
Now you mentioned that your car start jerking and engine stalled.

From the description aboves, it is highly likely that your crankshaft sensor is about to fail.

I have the same problem with my E36, sometime cannot start the car. If can start, the car will stalled for no reason
after driving for about 100km. if it stalled, I can restart after half an hour or so.
Finally one day the car stalled on the highway and have to call my regular workshop. They changed the crankshaft sensor based
on my description and the car start instantly after changing the crankshaft sensor.

Hope your problem is the same as mine.

sakthian_87;778733 said:
izit? can i know how much the cost for change the crackshaft?

bro, not the crankshaft but the crankshaft sensor.

It should be around RM150. Please check for the actual price with the supplier.

jarance;778728 said:
first and foremost, it would be really helpful if you give a full detail of what you done to your car and what you are experiencing with your ride.

You have first mentioned that you have problem starting your car and it need a few crank before you can start the car.
Now you mentioned that your car start jerking and engine stalled.

From the description aboves, it is highly likely that your crankshaft sensor is about to fail.

I have the same problem with my E36, sometime cannot start the car. If can start, the car will stalled for no reason
after driving for about 100km. if it stalled, I can restart after half an hour or so.
Finally one day the car stalled on the highway and have to call my regular workshop. They changed the crankshaft sensor based
on my description and the car start instantly after changing the crankshaft sensor.

Hope your problem is the same as mine.

thanks unc jarance...will check my crankshaft sensor la like this.
my car also once in a while will have this problem. Start the car up for 1 or 2 sec, then it die. Start again....vrommm vroommmm...smooth like silk ....hihiiiii

kby88;778840 said:
thanks unc jarance...will check my crankshaft sensor la like this.
my car also once in a while will have this problem. Start the car up for 1 or 2 sec, then it die. Start again....vrommm vroommmm...smooth like silk ....hihiiiii

Bro kby88, i recently had the crankshaft sensor replaced. While doing some spirited driving the engine suddenly stopped but managed to pull over. Called the mech and he said its the crankshaft sensor, he said to wait for the engine to cool down considerably and start again. On the way to the mech the engine died again, but started after a few mins wait..

So far i havent encounter any engine stalled while driving yet.
only happen once in a while when cold start..

Top Bottom