whistling sound everytime when i accelerate!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
zul_cessna;680931 said:
It happened to me last time, and the result was cooling coil leaked. Before change my cooling coil, i did several test to confirm it like add the aircond gas first. if the sound dissapear, it must be leak somewhere, if still exist, try to add compressor oil. for my case, the sound gone after i refill gas, but it comeback after a month, did it for 2 time and confirm cooling coil leak. change the coil for rm 1300

Bro it happen on my previous Satria GTI and exactly same as yours case. Btw how is your car have you fix the vanos seal ?

Joined the wistling club since a couple of weeks back. It becomes more and more frequent.... & the pitch is getting higher and louder (& annoying) as well. My case it's a bit different... The sound will come on after my engine (N42, y2003) is properly warm up (i.e. after a few KMs in the morning drive). The sound will always be there unless I pressed on the brake pedal but the sound will come back once I let go of the brake... What's wrong? Any help? Hope to get some feeback b4 visiting Ah Meng for my routine service of oil change.

e46_UDM;682900 said:
Joined the wistling club since a couple of weeks back. It becomes more and more frequent.... & the pitch is getting higher and louder (& annoying) as well. My case it's a bit different... The sound will come on after my engine (N42, y2003) is properly warm up (i.e. after a few KMs in the morning drive). The sound will always be there unless I pressed on the brake pedal but the sound will come back once I let go of the brake... What's wrong? Any help? Hope to get some feeback b4 visiting Ah Meng for my routine service of oil change.

check GB bro..

ichi82;682905 said:
check GB bro..

Really :40: ? my wallet is going to have a big hole then.... :46: The sound is like a ballon getting inflated by air slowly and once I pressed on the brake it got deflated again... Am I making any sense to you?

e46_UDM;682914 said:
Really :40: ? my wallet is going to have a big hole then.... :46: The sound is like a ballon getting inflated by air slowly and once I pressed on the brake it got deflated again... Am I making any sense to you?

i don't know if its true or not but usually mech will avoid recond a GM5 gearbox. even my mech friend said the same thing saying that GM5 is quite troublesome..got the same issue few month back and thats my introduction fee owning my UDM.

e46_UDM;682914 said:

Sounds like your brake assist leaking.? It's the big black cylinder that store vacuum which is pumped by the engine. Every time you use the brake the vacuum need to be recharged. My take on the problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_servo

aidilj;682933 said:
Sounds like your brake assist leaking.? It's the big black cylinder that store vacuum which is pumped by the engine. Every time you use the brake the vacuum need to be recharged. My take on the problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_servo

I see. But can it be repair or it has to be replace? how much is the damage in terms of my wallet-hole? Latest update, my air-con suddenly gave way on my way home today. Instead of cool/cold air, I only has HOT air (heater instead of air-con) coming out from the air-con vent... Sweating like a mad cow as I can't open the window (raining quite heavyly then) causing the 'mist' formed on my windscreen.... It's time to give Ah Meng an early visit.

e46_UDM;682983 said:
I see. But can it be repair or it has to be replace? how much is the damage in terms of my wallet-hole? Latest update, my air-con suddenly gave way on my way home today. Instead of cool/cold air, I only has HOT air (heater instead of air-con) coming out from the air-con vent... Sweating like a mad cow as I can't open the window (raining quite heavyly then) causing the 'mist' formed on my windscreen.... It's time to give Ah Meng an early visit.

We don't know what is broken yet, it could be anything in the power braking system or maybe not, so give it a check. If the reservoir (black cylinder) is broken, don't think they want to repair it. I paid RM800 for mine.

If hot air only, check gas first, if gas is okay check the compressor clutch if it engages.

aidilj;683002 said:
If hot air only, check gas first, if gas is okay check the compressor clutch if it engages.

If it is the gas problem, it should not just happen suddenly... I'm still enjoying the air-con during my lunch drive but all of the sudden, the air-con switch off in the evening on my way back.... Will get a thorough check later. Thx for the feedback bro.

james318i;386611 said:
Hi Guys! Need your help.. Anyone experience this problem before.. There is some kinda whistling sound coming from the left side of the engine bay.. The sound only comes during driving, when i accelerate the pedal.. When i press the accelerate pedal during the car stand still.. No sound.. only during driving.. By the way, i am driving a 318i (2.0) year 2003.. Can help guys!!

Hi bro ,I read that sound can be your alternator balancer pulley, but check the intake manifold ( O ring ) . I got come across the problem turn out to be the front hood or side mirrow couse of an accident before.so check first dont change simply , just advice. adious..........

aidilj;683002 said:
We don't know what is broken yet, it could be anything in the power braking system or maybe not, so give it a check. If the reservoir (black cylinder) is broken, don't think they want to repair it. I paid RM800 for mine.

got it changed yesterday. u r right, there is a leak in the brake servo which may cause failure in the braking system. Total damage is RM900 inclusive of the labor and the brake fuel. the cabin is so quiet now..... the only thing I can hear is my wife's nagging :76: haha... joking... is the SWEET sound from the engine...

aidilj;683002 said:

problem fixed. the culprit is the a/c magnet. Got it changed with the damage of RM300 inclusive of labor. now am cool as a cucumber...

e46_UDM;683818 said:
got it changed yesterday. u r right, there is a leak in the brake servo which may cause failure in the braking system. Total damage is RM900 inclusive of the labor and the brake fuel. the cabin is so quiet now..... the only thing I can hear is my wife's nagging :76: haha... joking... is the SWEET sound from the engine...

problem fixed. the culprit is the a/c magnet. Got it changed with the damage of RM300 inclusive of labor. now am cool as a cucumber...

Good to know the problems are fixed. For me the power brake failed after breakfast when going down a hill. Failed without a warning.

Aircon magnetic clutch had intermittent problem and totally failed on the highway halfway to hometown. Guess I had it worse.. Cheers

Top Bottom