1969 VW Beetle

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemer04

Club Guest
Guys what would be the ideal size for a 1969 1.3 VW Beetle?1. 195/60/152. 195/65/15I would prefer the latter size however would it scrap the mudguard on bumpy road?I am in a dilemma now as need to acquire the tyres.I am considering a Goodyear NCT 5, or any other options Goodyear models on the above tyres size?How to post pics?

dude...its 185/65/15 or maybe 185/70/15.

anyway...goodluck on sourcing those sizes here. I had to order mine and took them 6 month to get it.

bcos I've played VW Beetle ma. bought cheap and spent almost 50K for it.

My VW beetle is running on 185/70/15.

Not that easy to find as it's not popular here.

My '67 is on 165/80R15. Not easy to find but many tyre shops can order Kumhos in that size for you.

I think the closest common tyre in terms of overall tyre diameter (so that your speedo remains accurate) to 165/80R15 is 195/65R15. Do check out the tyre calculator which can be found somewhere in this site.

Quiksave has 185/65R15.

Would the 185/65/15 fit on the rims, now I am in dilemma as at this moment it it running on a 195/60/15 front and 195/65/15 for the rear.

Tak sangka ye, lot of us shared same passion...i love beetle too, still have...but sadly not in good condition...my e30 dah Banyak Makan Wang!!!!
Btw, who knows chop shop that sell beetle part, please let me know..it hard to find now...anybody went to bugfest at Subangjaya last month? I was there too..If you guy want to read old beetle mag( VWtrend) come larr to my house..I have alot!!
Oso have owners workshop manual by Haynes......what a wonderful world, having friends that love BMW & Beetle..... ;) ;)

Drop in a Porsche 911 engine and watch her spin! Actually an alternative to the beetle would be the Karmann Ghia. Beautiful car which uses the beetle chassis. Put in a set or early 911 rims and engine and it's a dream machine!

Guys just check with Goodyear 185/65/15 not available, would the 195/65/15 scrap the mudguard?

Wah, got a few closet Beetle lovers out there who are also BMW fans, huh? Strange, because the only thing that BMWs have in common with rear engined VWs is the fact that they are both German!

Karmann Ghias are very rare in Malaysia. I've only seen 2 so far and they belong to the same owner/family who lives in Bangsar.

beemer04, a lot of Beetles use 195/65R15. I wouldn't, because of (1) the original look is important to me, and (2) the original rims (4in width for 1967 or earlier, 4.5in for post-1967) are much too narrow for 185 or 195 section tyres and fitting such tyres on the original rims may be dangerous.

Quiksave (or is it Quicksave), a local tyre store, has informed me a few months ago that they have 185/65R15.

beemer04, whether or not a tyre can fit your car, you have to firstly check the tyre calculator post.

Also, why don't you go for 165/80R15 (used to be known as 165R15)? The car would ride AND handle better on 165/80R15 tyres if you are using stock rims.

Thanks for all the builds, at the moment I have replaced the rims with a Smiths chrome rims, wish I could post pics but not too sure how to go about?

Anybody can help?

Guys

I have sent the car for painting, any recommendations on the color, black, white and red not an options, more keen on the metallic paint tho!

Any builds?

Top Bottom