1966 bmw 2000

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Fellow members,

An update on the Solex 36-40 PDSI carburetor I was looking for, I bought one from a fellow forumer. I hope it will work after some servicing. The car is finally in the workshop. The oil leak has been fixed (head gasket replaced), radiator's insides had been replaced. The mechanic is checking the brakes,may need a new master cylinder.

I am still looking for a radio repairman who can repair the radio for my car(photos attached). If you know such a person please let me know. I continue to source for parts, the new regulation banning import of used parts in 2011 is worrying. Sometimes we have no choice but buy used parts because the new parts are no longer made /available. I hope the government will give some consideration to owners of older cars.

Cheers.

BMW 2000

He-he-he ... I wonder how government can ban import of used parts ???
Will then mean we would not get any potong kereta parts anymore...
What about e-bay and stuff like that ... I have been getting used parts fr0m these sources.
So in 2011 ... no more meh ?
This is indeed worrying...

Max,

I am hoping some of the classic car associations will explain to the government why we need used parts to keep our cars running. The livelihood of the potong kereta shops will also be affected. The lower income group will also be affected if they have to buy new parts. I understand the government's concern about the safety of used parts. They had also proposed mandatory inspections of all cars over 15 years old before road tax renewal but I believe this had been scrapped.

I would rather they inspect my car every year than ban import of used parts. This will also stop unroadworthy cars off the road. I am sure everyone has seen rust baskets being driven on the highway at one time or another and wondered why they are still allowed to be driven when they are in such bad condition. In the US cars are inspected annually regardless of age before their registration are renewed. I am still hoping the government will change its mind on the ban on import of used parts. Like you, I also buy some parts on ebay ; some new and some used. I have 2 DHL packages coming from Germany next week!

Arsenalboi,

I saw my car outside a mechanic's workshop while driving around and made him an offer so I don't have any leads on any other cars like mine for sale. I was quite lucky, my car still has its original engine.I am doing my best to restore it using original parts as much as possible.

Cheers.
66BMW2000

Happy 2010

Hello everyone,

The end of 2009 is upon us. Wishing everyone Happy 2010. I am attaching some progress photos of my car that is currently in the body shop.

Cheers

66BMW2000

More parts

Got some more parts, mostly used and from Germany

1. Front lights
2. Tail lights ( as spares, I have a new pair already).
3. Front signal covers.
4. Front grille (set)
5. Valve cover (as spare, this is newer version, the original one is still in good condition)
6. Wiper motor
7. Steering wheel.
8.Steering and front door lock set.
9. Air cleaner housing ( my current one is not original)
10. Sticker set.
11. Alternator ( stupid purchase, though original, the modern ones are better)
12. New mechanical fuel pump from Australia.

Cheers.

66 BMW

Your car condition is better than my 1st BMW NK200 ... less rust.

What is the damage on the followings:

1. Front lights ... These are Euro lights ... mine are US round light .....
2. Tail lights ( as spares, I have a new pair already). ..... How much new?
3. Front signal covers. ...... Interested
10. Sticker set.
11. Alternator .....Considering
12. New mechanical fuel pump from Australia. .....Considering

If you don't like to post, you can PM me ... also the place you bought these items

Max

Update

Hi everyone,

Restoring an old car can be painstakingly slow. I finally got my car out of the body shop about 3 months ago and now it is in the paint shop. This is also going very slow, the paint shop has many back orders so I am in a que but getting closer to the front of the line. Any one know where I can buy Glasurit (original BMW supplier) paint in Malaysia, I am thinking of painting my car BMW's Atlantik Blau.

I am posting some photos after the body work was finished, some more fine tuning will be needed to make sure the fit is good. Then found more rust, the bumpers are corroded. I found a new mid section for the rear bumper (on German ebay) , now I need the midsection for the front bumper and the corners for the rear bumper. New ones costs a bomb at WN. Hope to get some used ones then send for rechroming, so far no luck.

Thanks to maxkpp for the tip on Pan Malaysia for rechroming, I have made a fews trip to Kg Baru Sungai Buluh to get my things rechromed. Several more trips required before I am done.

Cheers,

66BMW

Top Bottom