19" wheels E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hanzo7979

Club Guest
Hi all,As im naive and new to this machine, I need and advice from you guys especially those who has an experience and driving E90. I had a plan to upgrade my stock wheels to 19” and wondering :--do I need to change my suspension? As im now using stock Msport-is there anybody here has using Breyton GTS 19” ? Could let me know what is your setup (stagger) ?Thanks in advance for you input guys!cheers :top:

which variant of E90 are you driving?
19 inch does looks the part but I am afraid the LOWER profile tyres will have some impact on the ride/comfort.
the potholes infested road in Malaysia is also another factors that deter ppl getting it.

ck318ci;743762 said:
19 inch does looks the part but I am afraid the LOWER profile tyres will have some impact on the ride/comfort.
the potholes infested road in Malaysia is also another factors that deter ppl getting it.

Not that bad la bro:stupid:

hakim_radzuan;743785 said:
Not that bad la bro:stupid:

Some of my friends ask why I don't drive straight. I tell them I don't want broken rim. The Surian Tunnel has a nice big hole, entering Curve from highway also got one big pothole always there. About a year back my Lancer kena one nice one under the new fly over from TTDI to One U, new tyre of about 4-6 months old gone la, nice deep gash. :eek:(

I am riding on the 18 inch and on smooth tarmac( getting rare in KL) is good, better than my ori 17 inch
But the other day while I was heading to Damansara, the pot holes and uneven surface is bone/back jarring hard..
Had difficulty navigating through to Euroturner and worst when heading back home each day as they are constructing LRT or MRT track near my house. The place is like a freaking War zone...

19 is definately for the looks, and with good tyres will be reasonable comfy. But for daily drive, 18 will be the solution. Its stressfull for me when i drive around. Usually looking for potholes instead of focussing on d car in front.

ck318ci;743762 said:

Im driving E90 LCI. By the way, im not so sure but i think suspension plays a large roles too beside how was the offset had been setup isn't it??. And this is definately not my daily used car. Thanks for the input guys :top:

Hanzo ... The M Sport ones will be harder and contribute to a harsher ride for sure. If its like your usual E90 then it's relatively softer but with 19" it's relatively harsher again.

I'm using the GTS rim on my e46ci. . . 19 inch with 8.5j front and 9.5j rear. . . Using as daily ride without any problem. . . Only advice if u decided go for 19 inch or above, pls make sure buy those original rim and MUST avoid Taiwan or replica rim. . . .

I think it's quite obvious.. 19 mainly for looks,and if it's not ur daily driver then I guess its fine.Nevertheless,like Daniel said earlier you'll be concentrating on looking for the many 'boobytraps' that our roads has to offer rather than concentrating on the roads.It's a distraction for sure.. but if you like how the 19s look on the e90,by all means.As long as you are aware of the shortcomings,why not?

I ride on 18s..on my 335i.I found them to be the perfect balance between looks and practicality,not to mention lesser unsprung weight,better ride and cost effectiveness.By using 18s,I can splurge on much better top shelf UHP tyres.Mind,18s looks pretty good already if u lower ur ride to the right amount,and if u want more visual drama,add some spacers.

End of the day its your choice,ur money,ur heartache and ur happiness.. good luck and enjoy choosing.

Thanks! It just consolidated my decision to stick to Ori 18.
Was toying with the idea of putting F10 313 Wheels or the Style 225 on my 320i.
Now just waiting for the car to roll out from the paint shop
than is time to add my Bilstein kit, Performance ARB and change to better tyres and my market and mahjong going 320 will be the most fierce among my mom's entourage! hahahaha:stupid:

agreed!

get forged if you can, lighter and stronger!

Lionel_Koh;744010 said:
I'm using the GTS rim on my e46ci. . . 19 inch with 8.5j front and 9.5j rear. . . Using as daily ride without any problem. . . Only advice if u decided go for 19 inch or above, pls make sure buy those original rim and MUST avoid Taiwan or replica rim. . . .

mine was on vmr 19"...combination with csc3...dont know whether it was my own feeling or what but as a conclusion it is better handling and comfortable ...mine is 320d msport...previously on 17 michellin ps2...tyre also make ahuge diff...

IMG-20120813-WA0001.jpg

Wuk51;766904 said:
mine was on vmr 19"...combination with csc3...dont know whether it was my own feeling or what but as a conclusion it is better handling and comfortable ...mine is 320d msport...previously on 17 michellin ps2...tyre also make ahuge diff...
my 320d is currently on bbs 19" with pss and std msport suspension.. less bumpy then stock 17" with rft but im curious if im the only one feeling an increase in body roll.. rear driver's side also tend to rub in heavy dips..

lude;767180 said:
my 320d is currently on bbs 19" with pss and std msport suspension.. less bumpy then stock 17" with rft but im curious if im the only one feeling an increase in body roll.. rear driver's side also tend to rub in heavy dips..

Berapa lebar rim bro? My rear is only 9.5..

lude;767180 said:

I see your 320d almost everyday at the KLCC carpark. :) nice & clean ride, great looking shoes.
body "roll" is more apparent with non-rfts, just because the sidewalls are softer vs the RFTs. if you don't like the feeling, time to get swaybars installed
if you haven't yet rolled your fenders, you may wish to do so to get rid of the tyre rubbing concerns. they should be no more than rm100+ each side.

Maniac is right. I do miss my RFT in terms of grip and stiffness of the sidewalls. They are much better than my AS2. Should have kept my RFTs la ... I use the H&R ARBs, trust me, its worth having them installed. It makes a lot of difference. You get a lot less understeer too.

Wuk51;767230 said:
Berapa lebar rim bro? My rear is only 9.5..
im on 9.5 as well.. on 265 tires

Maniac;767274 said:
I see your 320d almost everyday at the KLCC carpark. :) nice & clean ride, great looking shoes.
body "roll" is more apparent with non-rfts, just because the sidewalls are softer vs the RFTs. if you don't like the feeling, time to get swaybars installed
if you haven't yet rolled your fenders, you may wish to do so to get rid of the tyre rubbing concerns. they should be no more than rm100+ each side.
eh? which one is yours? the pahang plate white one izzit?
swaybars? sigh just when i thought i was gonna keep the car as stock as possible.. :p

Top Bottom