Your windscreen wiper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gppaul

My windscreen wiper squeeks whenever it wipes wipes the mirror during rain. Its quite annoying to hear that sound.

Sounds like the rubber contact with the windshield is not smooth in gliding it.

Is this normal?

wiper blade squeaks are normally because the rubber blade is not really perpendicular to the windshield.adjustment by bending the wiper arm ever so slightly will cure this.

bend the wiper arm so the blade is at right angles to the windshield.

I wouldn't advise you to bend your wiper arm. Are you saying your wiper is making noise or the wiping is not smooth? I know from my experience if you apply rain x or any glass protection solution or treatment , your wiper may skipped and not wiping smoothly. Did you apply any glass coating or treatment recently?

splee...yes...bending the wiper arm shud be after all avenues have been exhausted.wiper squeaks shud be first eliminated by cleaning both the windshield and the wiper blades.wiper chatter is about bending the arm...

please be very careful where working near the windshield is concerned...replacing a cracked windshield due to a noisy wiper is hilarious....

My advise....
Simple care of your cars, just apply RainX(silicon base) on your car windscreen and wiper blades, also add a few drops to the washer tank. This will stop any wiper squeaking on the wind screen. I used to see and learn from my dad, he is quite passionate with his BMW F10 and other cars.

Top Bottom