Your Vin production date compare to your grant production date?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bush

Club Guest
Bros and Sis,Have you ever check your VIN from (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do) and compared it to your grant production date?My VIN says Oct 2012 as the production date, however on the grant is 2013.Mine is a CKD and i specifically asked for 2013 production date from the Sales Advisor.Anybody in the same boat with me?Feel being cheated..grrr...

bush;826682 said:
Bros and Sis,

Have you ever check your VIN from (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do) and compared it to your grant production date?

My VIN says Oct 2012 as the production date, however on the grant is 2013.

Mine is a CKD and i specifically asked for 2013 production date from the Sales Advisor.

Anybody in the same boat with me?

Feel being cheated..grrr...

Mine same as stated in the grant...
is it production or registeration date...

Volvos525i;826684 said:
Mine same as stated in the grant...
is it production or registeration date...

Tahun dibuat is 2013. Vin production date is Oct 2012.

bush;826691 said:
Tahun dibuat is 2013. Vin production date is Oct 2012.

Oh something is fishy here...
May be go and see the sales advisor and ask about this...

Volvos525i;826693 said:
Oh something is fishy here...
May be go and see the sales advisor and ask about this...

Feeling the same way Volvos525i, curious on others who take delivery of their car earlier this year. Am i the only one affected?

I took mine, delivery on March 2013.

I don't really think that there is anything odd. Could your vin in realoem be refering more to parts manufacturer date?

Upon arrival in malaysia, assembly does take time and completes in 2013. Quite probable if you think about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone owned a car which vin indicate car is 2-3 years older than what's on the jpj registration card? Especially those tendered car?

For CKD/SKD it doesn't matter what the VIN date is. All that matters is whats the YOM on the reg card because that follows your e-excise and customs excise the cars only upon COMPLETE assembly in Msia.

CBU follow AP (which in turn follows the bill of lading). If BL/AP states 2013 then reg card will state 2013.

anaksarawak;827014 said:
Anyone owned a car which vin indicate car is 2-3 years older than what's on the jpj registration card? Especially those tendered car?

I met a lot of people while repairing meter clusters, and met a LOT of people who didnt know their car was older than it was stated in the reg card. Most are Japan spec 523i's which was badged as 525i by BMW Japan. For example, I met a guy last week, owned his E39 since 2006, thinking it was manufactured in 2002. Imagine his face when I told him his car is actually a 523i, not 525i and is produced in middle 2000.

That's always the risk when buying reconds. Which is why I stick to new cars from authorized distributors. They can't pull stunts like this.

Which "Year of Made" will bank refer to? On your registration card or VIN?

How you to negotiate with seller for an ///M3 if to you to found out the VIN date is 2000 while on Reg it say 2005 yr Made? Plus the engine cc is reduced to 2.5cc Do you pay her/him for 2005 market value? Since the paper allow your loan approval?

VIN is "actual" date of production based on the chasis number. Full stop. That is the right date to value the car. But then value of the car is subjective if sell by private seller.

When you look for the parts, you don't tell the supplier based on year stated on JPJ Registration Card (Geran). That may not be true. The last 7 digits VIN is the one to determine the actual reference. If not you may end up getting wrong parts !

Go to www.bmwvin.com for more details

Was shopping around for a 2014 F30 today at Quill. Saw a list of newly arrived F30, still unregistered waiting to be picked by potential buyers.

SA confirmed that this list was all 2014 YOM (will be stated on car grant).

A quick check on VIN decoder revealed a simple random sample of 3 cars actual manufactured date to be:

October-2013
October-2013
September-2013

Being a CKD/SKD from Kulim plant, shouldn't these cars be sold as 2013 stock? Am hestitating to sign the dotted lines and perhaps wait for a Jan-2014 car. Which might require me to purchase in April 2014. The heart can't wait that long for UDM within grasp...

Unless... and this is my assumption that the production date refers to the actual date in which the chassis is made. And this differs from assembly date (aka manufacturing date in car grant).

Eg. F30 chassis produced in Germany in October 2013, sits in warehouse waiting to be shipped to Malaysia. Reaches Malaysia in November 2013, takes another two weeks or so to be cleared through customs, trucked to BMW CKD assembly plant, sits in a warehouse and finally assembled in January 2014. Hence tahun dibuat is 2014.

Anyone can shed some light on this matter?

Why confuse yourself. Just tell the SA you want a 2014 car and it should be stated 2014 on the grant. If the grant stated 13/14 then definitely something wrong. As your have stated earlier the vin no refers to the manufacturing date of the chassis in Germany. So I don't see the vin no is that important.

I'm confused now. Which is more important, VIN date or grant date?

If grant date is the one to follow, doesnt the same apply to recond cars as well?

Top Bottom