You can do your own coding for your F series....if you dare.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
looks complicated,
I ve visited a workshop to do the torque and horsepower dial on my idrive
wired up the car with computer and the tech fiddle with 2-3 iphones and ipad to look for cheat codes etc etc
only to find my car does not come with the module but however can set digital speedometer which I declined.

oh, what module is it ? i read about the torque and horsepower too in one of bmw-sg site sponsor. is that the same one ?

Yup
I one of the Three FOC one but unfortunately cannot be done..
hahaa

Dont know what module. I guess is my media thingy.
A friend's 535 with small screen got it done today..

Funny. the installer or technician...
claimed that Singapore F10 doesnt not have the auto switch off sunroof/ windows/ folding side windows function if you press and hold the door lock button on the fob. Any problems with Malaysian Spec car?

I thought this is pretty old technology as our previous W202 C&C C200 in 1997 has it, My mom'S e90 CKD version has it and so does my F10.

I'm actually planning to buy the ENET cable from the guy at the F30 forums. Coding my car would be a fun weekend endeavor. When I fail, or FUBAR something, I'll then contact Vick :)

Anyone else interested in buying the ENET cable as well?

I have already contacted the guy yesterday. Usd25 is the price shipped within US. Usd6 from it is shipping cost. He will come back to me how much do I need to top up to shop to Malaysia. Want to consolidate the purchase? Maybe we can start a group buy here.

The prospect of building my own cable, whilst fun would mean I have to go out and buy a shouldering kit anew together with all the other required parts. It would make more sense for me to buy one ready made. M5port, I'm more than keen to consolidate the purchase with you. Do let me know when you have it going, and I'll be happy to join you.

Cafee : what have you coded for your F10 so far?

Guys this is the reply

" Shipping from my location to your address is $16.95. This would make the cable $18.95 + $16.95 in shipping. The total delivered cost is $35.90. I will scan and email you the receipt and customs forms after I ship the cable; to prove it was shipped but I can't insure the box with USPS going to Malaysia, so you would have to take the risk of the package getting to you.

I'm surprised you can't get one made locally but let me know if you're still interested.

Sean"

Bros, this looks great. I've done programming on my e46 which is similar to other older models. Yet to read on Fseries coding.. Do share findings

aiditj you can download the coding possible for the F10 and F30 from the link in the 1st post =)

M5port;750521 said:
aiditj you can download the coding possible for the F10 and F30 from the link in the 1st post =)

Bro M5port, the cable is too simple to not DIY. 35usd is too much for such a simple interface. Get a network cable from PC shop, buy resistor and hack existing OBD cable.

M5port;750503 said:
Cafee : what have you coded for your F10 so far?

Guys this is the reply

" Shipping from my location to your address is $16.95. This would make the cable $18.95 + $16.95 in shipping. The total delivered cost is $35.90. I will scan and email you the receipt and customs forms after I ship the cable; to prove it was shipped but I can't insure the box with USPS going to Malaysia, so you would have to take the risk of the package getting to you.

I'm surprised you can't get one made locally but let me know if you're still interested.

Sean"

I'm game, im sure we could get a better price and cheaper shipping if more people were interested in joining in.

Just let me know when, and I'll bank in mate.

aidilj;750535 said:
Bro M5port, the cable is too simple to not DIY. 35usd is too much for such a simple interface. Get a network cable from PC shop, buy resistor and hack existing OBD cable.

Hrm, so you don't need a shouldering iron?

Ok newest reply

" I can't offer any additional discounts except for combining shipping. Between what I put into the cable in time and parts, I'm only just breaking even.

I could probably get 4 cables into a box. If you have 4 people that wanted cables; the cables would be $18.95 + $4.34 shipping ($16.95 divided by 4) for a grant total of $23.19, but they have to shipped in one box to the same person.

The boxes are not very big (9-1/4" x 6-1/4" x 2") for that cost. It would get to you in 6 - 10 days.

The next box size up from that is 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" and costs $47.95 to ship and again would be to you in 6-10 days.

I've never used ipsparcel.com, so I don't know what it entails.

If I were you I'd ask around some of your local electronics stores and ask if someone there would build the cable if you ordered and supplied all the parts. It has to be cheaper to source it locally.

Sean "

aidilj;750535 said:

Bro, can you build the cable for us ? haha... you can charge us !

HypoGXII;750541 said:
Hrm, so you don't need a shouldering iron?

Bro, yes soldering iron still required but I already have one :eek:

M5port;750818 said:
Bro, can you build the cable for us ? haha...

A definite yes

we need to source for this, other parts are easy

makethumb.php

aidilj;750825 said:
Bro, yes soldering iron still required but I already have one :eek:

A definite yes

we need to source for this, other parts are easy

makethumb.php

I ordered the OBDII connector via ebay from Hong Kong - about USD5 or less a piece. Arrived in a few days.

Top Bottom