Yokohama Advan Neova AD07

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tanks

Club Guest
Right rear tyre failed on me yesterday.... :( Gone to friend's tyre shop and he recommended Advan Neova AD07 (Size 225/45/17). Changed a pair of them to fit on rear wheel.... Don't know if I bought it cheap or expensive... Wondering how much other forumers pay for Advan Neova AD07?? Any comments?? After a day of testing... Hmmm... These tyres provide good grip! :D Noise level slighly higher than Original Conti. Cheers! Advan Neova AD07Advan Neova AD07

The AD07 is considered one of the hottest extreme performance tires now..
Ranked number 1 in survey of rubber enthusiasts.
As its a performance tire, please expect certain noise level and high treadwear.

Scores (out of possible 10);

Hydoplanning resistance 8.2
Wet traction 8.5
Conering stability 9.5
Dry traction 9.5
Steering response 9.4
Ride comfort 8.0
Noise comfort 7.9
Treadwear 6.7

Interested to see best prices available as I'm keen to get them too

Catergory : Extreme Peformance
Vehicle Used : 2003 BMW 330Ci Coupe

Can't compare the ContiSportContact2 as its in lower catergory (Max performance)

chart2.gif

chart3.gif

chart4.gif

chart5.gif

Price has gone up since I last got them for RM560.

I believe they are now RM600+.

My only complaint - progressively noisy as it wears down.

Yes, AD07 is the extreme performance tyre to go for... here's a brief report...

The AD07s have done >400km on my Satria... one heck of a lovely performance tyres... have started driving hard... my custom-built car ain't no slouch exactly (it accelerates much faster than my E36 0-100km/h), but unlike my previous Yoko ES100, I actually have trouble inducing wheelspin when the boost comes in on 2nd gear, just a whole lot more torque steer, and pure acceleration...

Dry weather cornering is simply out of the world, it gives plenty of confidence to the driver.

Wet weather performance is awesome, haven't really pushed the wet braking to the limits yet, just some playful jabs on the brakes, but I can sense that the lock up threshold is a whole lot more (mine does not have ABS)...

Also, from what I heard the AD07s will withstand track condition better than many other tyres... so, take the AD07s out for track days, I'm sure you won't regret it.

Good report, LCP.

Took mine to track in the last HPC outing, and was quite impressed. I think I went more than 20 laps, and the tires took it all in stride.

After track, tire seemed quieter!

Lee36328 said:
After track, tire seemed quieter!

Haha, at least I know now that's one way to quieten down the tires...
my previous ES100 was good, but way too noisy

Report update : after changine my toe-in to zero all round, tire noise has reduced substantially, leaving only a nice harmonic baseline hum.

So, my apologies to Neova for my past complaints abt tire noise - it was my toe-in.

Interesting, I have always forced my regular tyre shop alignment guy to always set the toe-in on my Satria to zero all round... I like the handling that way, very sharp steering response. I guess I can't reduce the AD07 noise much further. Even the rear camber is set to nearly vertical, maybe -0°10' only.

i used this tyres on my previous evo... the dry road performance was very good however wet road condition was rubbish...i can feel my car sliding everytime i took sharp corners at high speed..

just my own experience...

Hi all,

Do they have the Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 in 255/35/18?

I had changed my fronts 225/40/18 to Kankook S1 evo and they are brilliant. Unfortunately, there is no 255/35/18 size for the rears but only 265/35/18 which will probably be over powering the car....

Rears will probably need changing in about 1 to 2 months time and am looking at Goodyear F1's as the current Dunlops are horrendous in the wet.

Like the Michelins Sports but too expensive for me at about RM1,100+ per tire....

How much would the Yoko's or Goodyears cost for that tire size and which is better?

Also, is it true that the Yoko's wear fast....also heard the same thing about the F1's too? How fast is fast wearing for average use?

Average use should last you about 1 year.

I'm on month 10, and its getting worn at the edges, but that's because of track day and negative camber.

Remember, you can switch it around (left-right), which almost doubles its useful lifespan for those of us w aggressive cambers. A painful waste of money to wear a tire out only on the edges...

Top Bottom