Year of made

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
edk, you owe it to the club members to reveal the name of this cheating dealer. I had the same experience 2 yrs ago. Mine was worst - sold as 1999 car, but actually made in 1996. I returned the car and got refund after much consternation. I lost 2k in the process, but was very relieved i got out of the mess.

lesson learnt - never buy recond unregistered cars from used car dealers. NEVER!

juggernaut said:
by the way, the cheating dealer in my case was MING HENG! Avoid it at all costs!

Why am I not surprised? MING HENG is well known when it comes to this kind of nonsense. And it also involves Mercedes Benz and other Japs recond cars.

I bought it from XXX. (sorry guys, i have to delete the name coz there may be legal implication).

I found another car from Naza motor. it is a 320i (2.2) facelift model. Unfortunately dont have black color. This time round, i checked everything before buying. Hopefully won't get cheated again!!!

funfer_fahrer,

If posible, try to obtian a written confirmation from BMW Malaysia on the year of made. I know that they are reluctant to do after my incident. But no harm giving them a call and request for it. To take up legal suit, your friend will have gather all the proofs.

I heard Ming Heng Sold a kereta potong BMW before.

Guys, much appreaciate if anyone would let me know this cheating case will happen to used car also ? I bought a year made 2000 e46 from used car dealers. It's originate from AB. Thank you very much.

edk said:
funfer_fahrer,

If posible, try to obtian a written confirmation from BMW Malaysia on the year of made. I know that they are reluctant to do after my incident. But no harm giving them a call and request for it. To take up legal suit, your friend will have gather all the proofs.

Actually, BMW Malaysia doesn't want to get involved especially when involving cars purchased from grey importers. Anyway, Thanks for the info.

dumeort said:
I heard Ming Heng Sold a kereta potong BMW before.

Guys, much appreaciate if anyone would let me know this cheating case will happen to used car also ? I bought a year made 2000 e46 from used car dealers. It's originate from AB. Thank you very much.

I dont think this type of cheating will happen to used car (CKD) simply because the local car registration card clearly differentiate 'year of made' and 'registration date'. If you are not sure, you can always check with AB.

I was told that Japan car registration card only states 'date of registration' but not 'year of made'. Has anyone seen it before?? Can someone confirm??

omegaoracle said:
Been reading and following this case since edk brought it up to my attention during tt. Although i'm glad edk had mananged to settle his case, but, its very disappointing to see that edk's case is not the exception, rather its like a norm now for dealers to cheat consumers left and right!!

Guys, come on... we work hard for our money, and save for the simple pleasure to drive our UDMs. Then we have CIP3K dealers who cheat, falsify and lie just to make a few bucks.. may they rot in hell... is there any proactive action we can take to so that others may be warned or even protected?

How about creating a BLACKLIST of dealership and/or name of the salesperson?

*very angry UDMer*

I am sure we can black list all these unsrupulous car dealers. But most important is that we must be more alert. We shouldn't just be attracted by the appearance of the car that we intend to buy. Take your time to check every detail before making down payment. NEVER trust the dealers. They will try all sorts of ways to make extra money.

Edk, thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience.

There are indeed many unscrupulous car dealers in the market. Buyer beware.

There are so many ways to make an extra buck up the dealer's sleeves.

Personally, I prefer buying from the owner direct.

Good to hear it rarely happen to CKD units.

Buying direct from the owner also have some risk. My friend bought a perdana V6 from the direct owner. When saw the car first time engine seem to be very new but when place a booking and take the car that time the owner change an old engine inside and need 10k repair.

a lawyer friend of mine is handling 2 cases of similar nature like edk. They are going against a reputable recon car dealer in KL.

PM me if you wish to get further details from my lawyer friend.

edk, you were saying something about a proof that cannot be revealed until after the matter is settled? what was that proof? Can you tell please?

DingChavez,

Apart from the WRITTEN CONFIRMATION that i managed to obtain from BMW Malaysia confirming the year of made, I also contacted Customs about the special conditions stated in the AP. It clearly mentioned that the imported used cars must NOT be more than 5 years old. In my case, the car was about 6 years old when it was brought into the country. Technically the car was illegally imported.

I did not mention this earlier coz I was worried that the dealer might tamper with the documents (this is a boleh land).

Actually, my intention was to return the car to the dealer. If merely based on the ground that the car was 1 year older, I might have to just settle for monitory compensation. But if I argued on the ground that the car was illegally imported, then i have all the reasons to return it to the dealer.

Top Bottom